FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-19-2016

I equipped two Atlas Armlets and tested damage against the same enemy versus one on or two. Again, though, the code did not even seem to insert. $C264E8 is blank in my Rom, still.

Well, your solution was just his solution? And I had already tried putting the code back as it originally was. Still crashes.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 08-19-2016

(08-19-2016, 01:58 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: I equipped two Atlas Armlets and tested damage against the same enemy versus one on or two.

I did the same and damage was 50% more with a second relic.

(08-19-2016, 01:58 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Again, though, the code did not even seem to insert. $C264E8 is blank in my Rom, still.

At this point you should know how to use xkas and basic stuff like not having your ROM opened elsewhere or having a header. Your command prompt input is good.

(08-19-2016, 01:58 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Well, your solution was just his solution? And I had already tried putting the code back as it originally was. Still crashes.

You are right. I had trouble finding Gi Nattak post and while searching the disassembly I came back twice on the same spot :/

You bug is older than his suggestion. A safe a approach would be to debug from where you press L. $C32059 and $C39FB1 are interesting in that regard.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - seibaby - 08-19-2016

(08-19-2016, 03:22 PM)Madsiur Wrote: At this point you should know how to use xkas and basic stuff like not having your ROM opened elsewhere or having a header. Your command prompt input is good.

Well, it can be opened in something that doesn't write to it. But if you have it opened in an editor like FF3usME or WindHex, that program will have the ROM loaded in memory and be completely unaware of any changes you've made to the ROM file on disk. Then if you save your changes it will overwrite the patched file.

So yeah, you need to save any changes made in editors before you apply patches, then reload the file in your editor and continue editing. WindHex actually has a super useful keyboard shortcut for reloading the ROM from file: Ctrl-U. Sadly, FF3usME has no such option. Though, if you've associated .smc files with FF3usME as I have, it's easy peasy to close and reopen it.

Edit: also lol, if it turns out this is your problem Drakey, I'll have a hearty laugh. Wink

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-19-2016

Yes, I should know how to use .asm properly, I agree, since I've done them before. But I was forced to take a three month hiatus and am having to relearn some stuff.

Otherwise, come on guys, think better of me than that. Sad I know the files don't work that way.

Here's exactly what I did with my command prompt.

[Image: Prompt_zpszpaueeqb.png]

And yet.

[Image: C264E8_zps7rdz44v6.png]

And just to be clear - the Rom used here was a copy of the original that was not opened in any other programs. Wink

On the plus side, woohoo, Genji Glove glitch fixed! C3/206F was the problem, was changed from 60 to 0E, probably me bungling the Umaro fixes earlier.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Rydel - 08-20-2016

Try putting the filename of the rom in quotes. Since it has spaces in it, the command prompt till be reading it as 6 separate arguments

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 08-20-2016

Just rename your rom rom.smc. Problem solved

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-20-2016

Yup, it'd be something stupid. ><

Okay, a partial success. The two Atlas Armlets do stack their effects, but when only one is equipped, it has no effect.

To be clear, Sabin has been my guinea pig for this, attacking the Toecutters in the Veldt cave. With no armlets he does around 600 damage, 700 at the higher end. One Armlet boosts him ti 750-850. With this asm, two put him at 900-1000, but one had him back at 600.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 08-20-2016

I can't find the problem. I might try another approach and make you check an extra property in usME for physical stacking, the game does it for magic in a way by using $11D7.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-20-2016

Okay, at this point if you can't make it work, don't worry about it. It's a fairly minor tweak I'm not dedicated to getting working if it's too much trouble.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-22-2016

Well, at this point aside from the menu changes which I'm working on, and the Atlas Armlet stuff, there's only two technical things left to do.

- Fix Umaro's magic so he and Gogo do not share spell lists.
- Figure out how to add field sprites beyond 167 to the game.

I recall Madsiur couldn't figure out the first, not sure if anyone else wants to try. The second, does anyone have a post or tutorial on where to start?