FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-11-2016

Okay, played around with bits to try and fix these on my own, not working out.

- Diffuser animation, can't find in C disassemblies, changing animation bytes in usME doesn't center spell properly.
- Also found out Sabin's Spiraller is glitched, in my version it uses a blue W Wind like in vanilla but doesn't remove Sabin from battle. Currently Sabin does not step forward, then a square graphic descends at the party in the Cockatrice animation and sound, then the attack executes with the W Wind graphic, and Sabin steps back in line despite not stepping forward.

For the Atlas Armlets I'm gonna keep troubleshooting but these problems, really not sure what more to try.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - seibaby - 08-11-2016

I think the bytes you can change in FF3usME are just pointers to animation scripts. To change the actual animations you would have to rewrite the actual scripts. A character stepping forward is part of an attack's animation script.

I think all the animation scripts, their structure, and commands was just recently documented. Check the wiki.

I don't see it?

Anyway, I'm thinking a good fix would be to make Diffuser's animation just center in general (there's no way for the party to use Diffuser itself), and Spiraler, instead of Sabin jumping up he does the normal Blitz intro.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - seibaby - 08-11-2016

Here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ff3:ff3us:doc:asm:battle_animation_script

And if you search the ROM map, here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ff3:ff3us:doc:asm:rom_map
for "animation" you'll find pointers and animation data.

Not a lot of people have been experimenting with creating new animation scripts or even modifying existing ones, as far as I know. I know nothing about animations beyond that documentation is available, unfortunately.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Looks complicated though.

EDIT - I'm sorry, I'm stupid. I see nothing in either document to explain where the animation for Diffuser is, and it seems W Wind and Spiraler use the same animation so I don't know where the bit is about Sabin jumping in the air.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-13-2016

I am supremely stupid. And I'm not being self-deprecating, that's a statement of fact.

There was nothing wrong with Spiraler's animation. I changed the Blitz intro itself to test something and did not properly restore it when I was done. Properly changed it back, Spiraler works fine. I apologize for being an idiot with this problem.

Also, found Madsiur's battle animation script readme and found Diffuser's animation at D0/3A53. Seems that at 30 A0, it's already centering on the screen? Then how come the attack always seems to center on the party? Am thinking maybe the move commands at D0/3A5F are the key?

Was also able to use that doc to solve a problem with Shock's animation, so yay on that.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Mac68 3000 - 08-14-2016

hey

what is this romhack all about

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 08-14-2016

(08-14-2016, 04:57 PM)Mac68 3000 Wrote: hey

what is this romhack all about

My Little Pony meets FF6. It's a My Little Pony hack full of My Little Pony sprites and references and story elements.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-14-2016

Yup. Was playing FF6 one day and thought "Great game... not enough ponies."

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-16-2016

Okay, got Diffuser to center in the middle of the screen.

This is a glitch that has plagued several players. When equipping the Genji Glove, Gauntlet, or my new relic that triggers the auto-optimize in place of Merit Award now, pressing L to switch to the next party member crashes the game. I checked Madsiur's fix for the Genji Glove to work for Umaro as seem here. I had changed the 0D to 0E; tried EAing the four bytes he indicated out, still crashed. Curiously, the crash only happened when pressing L to switch party members; R did not do it. The position of party members and which of the three auto-equip Relics were used did not matter.

Also, for the record, this is my to-do list.

- Find a patch for Overcast where immunity to status ailments makes Zombie un-healable (haven't looked for one yet, though)
- Fix the Atlas Armlet stacking (still gonna play around, on a back burner for now)
- Change Vigor in the stat menus to Strngth (haven't tried yet, low priority since I don't mind just changing back to Vigor if I can't figure this out)
- Change ability names in menus due avoid glitch where MP and Esper values appear when viewing Lore and Blitz. (Screenshot here, I found the thread on this error and how to fix it, just have yet to get to it)
- Try and add more NPC field sprites beyond #167. This is the one I'm clueless on how to do. Sad

Beyond this, all that's left to do is various enemy and balance tweaks, no problem.