FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-07-2016

Copied the code you posted above. Uncommented the header line, made sure my rom had a header. Still nothing.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 08-07-2016

Good old Drakey, I missed those posts. (not blaming or making fun of you, just trolling in memory of endless problem fixes. You DO have the longest forum thread :P)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - seibaby - 08-07-2016

Hm...troubleshooting.

Did you also try patching a clean, vanilla, ROM? It might be a conflict with changes made in your mod.
What version of the ROM are you using? FF3us 1.0 or 1.1?
Did you compare the patched rom with an unpatched rom, to make sure it patched ok?
What are you doing to test for changes?

Here are some IPS files, try them just to eliminate the possibility of xkas error.
These put the new code in $C266F0. The N file is for nonheadered roms and the H file is for headered.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvvijylt4hi6qeu/improved-sketch.zip?dl=1

edit:  you can compare files in windows with the FC command:
Code:
FC /B file1 file2

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 08-07-2016

(08-07-2016, 08:53 PM)seibaby Wrote: Did you also try patching a clean, vanilla, ROM? It might be a conflict with changes made in your mod.
What version of the ROM are you using? FF3us 1.0 or 1.1?
Did you compare the patched rom with an unpatched rom, to make sure it patched ok?
What are you doing to test for changes?

Here are some IPS files, try them just to eliminate the possibility of xkas error.
These put the new code in $C266F0. The N file is for nonheadered roms and the H file is for headered.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvvijylt4hi6qeu/improved-sketch.zip?dl=1

^All the wisdom I lack on Sunday evenings is resumed in Seibaby's quote. (sorry for not being helpful tonight :/)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Tenkarider - 08-07-2016

(08-07-2016, 08:39 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Good old Drakey, I missed those posts.
One doesn't simply not love Madsiur's comments.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-07-2016

(08-07-2016, 08:39 PM)Madsiur Wrote: Good old Drakey, I missed those posts. (not blaming or making fun of you, just trolling in memory of endless problem fixes. You DO have the longest forum thread Tongue)

I know, I'm sorry, and there's more to come.

In my defense, I have done some things on my own since I returned! I've done some minor event editing, fixed both an event error and an AI script error with my bonus boss, and imported a new Odin field sprite and figured out how to make his petrification animation work on a different palette. This is in addition to simpler fixes like changing spells around, changing AI scripts, dialogue fixes, etc. My next effort (tomorrow, I go to work shortly) will be to figure out how to redirect the pointer that makes Condemn cast Death (index 13) to point to another spell slot, so I can move Death to another slot and organize magic better. No clue how but I'm going to check the C disassemblies and look for clues.

@Seibaby - the patch worked beautifully. Thank you very much for your help.

Also, if it's a consolation - the hack really is almost done. There's a small handful of technical things left to do that I'll need help with. A major part of the problem now is that when I got my desktop back all my files are gone, and I didn't have time to get my hack files before it stopped starting up. That includes my changelog of all the things I've done including Hex stuff and addresses where important things I've changed are. If something isn't documented in this thread then I'm kinda flying blind.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - seibaby - 08-08-2016

No one should worry about losing files in 2016. Haven't y'all heard of Dropbox?

I have my Documents folder, including my ff6 project folder mirrored into my Dropbox so it's automatically synced. It's a super simple thing to do and I urge anyone that doesn't have a remote backup solution to just get Dropbox.

Here's my referral link - use it to get a free account and we both get a bit of extra space. https://db.tt/TLET2o4e

To mirror a folder into your Dropbox folder, use this command on Windows:
Code:
mklink /J "C:\Path\To\FFVI\Folder" "C:\Users\Drakey\Documents\Dropbox\FFVI\Folder"

(08-07-2016, 09:00 PM)Madsiur Wrote: ^All the wisdom I lack on Sunday evenings is resumed in Seibaby's quote. (sorry for not being helpful tonight :/)

Hehehe, your comment was well placed, Madsiur. Being amusing is helpful sometimes. Smile

@DrakeyC you're welcome, glad you got things working. Though it'd be helpful for you to learn to use xkas properly. Tongue

By the way, if you didn't read the code, what my patch does is it uses the Sketcher's Magic for magical attacks, and ([Sketcher's Magic + Target's Vigor] / 2) for physical attacks. I figured this makes thematical sense, Sketch being of a magical nature and all.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-08-2016

I have Dropbox, aye. I just hadn't thought to put my hack files in it.

That much about the patch I could tell, aye.

Last simple thing to do then is get the Atlas Armlet to stack effects?

Also a general question, some equipment pieces in my hack have the Earring or Atlas Armlet 25% boosts tied to them. Can the effects stack more than twice if those items are equipped with two Earrings, etc?

Okay, I spent an hour trying to change Death, didn't work out. What I did get is these:

Code:
C2/5BC7: A9 0D        LDA #$0D       (Condemned expiration enters here)
C2/5BC9: 85 B8        STA $B8        (spell = Doom)
C2/5BCB: A9 26        LDA #$26
C2/5BCD: 4C 91 4E     JMP $4E91      (queue the reaper)

C2/4F5F: A5 B8        LDA $B8        (get spell ID?)
C2/4F61: A6 B6        LDX $B6        (get target?)
C2/4F63: 85 B6        STA $B6        (save spell ID)
C2/4F65: C9 0D        CMP #$0D

I thought the 0D at 4F66 might be it, since Death's spell ID is 13/0D, but no. I played with the B8 values at 5BCA and 4F60, since those seem to be where the game tells itself where to look for Death. Changing them to anything made it cast Fire, I presume that's just a default to me messing up what should be done.

And what the hell while I'm poking around C2, a couple questions on spell animations, if I may, because I've no clue on them at all. I gave Grand Train the animation of Diffuser, the attack where the four orbs appear and lasers flash around. The problem is that the animation is always centered on the party, even when I use it. I'd like to change that so it centers on the enemy.
In the meantime I'm going to keep troubleshooting my Death problem.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - seibaby - 08-08-2016

You're very close. It's the #$0D at C2/5BC8. Smile

Note that this changes Enemy Roulette too. But from what I understand, that's something you want to do since you're just moving the Death spell to a different ID.

Edit: you also need to change the #$0D at C2/4F66 and C2/4F77.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-08-2016

Oh, Roulette is gone, entirely different spell. Already changed the enemy part appropriately. I got rid of Exploder, Pep-Up, Roulette, and Condemn, because they're mostly useless. In their place are Moonbeam (aka Scar Beam/Saintly Beam, group Holy attack), Mudslide (aka Landslide, group Earth attack), Comet (non-elemental attack slightly stronger than a Tier 2 spell in power), and Missile (defense-piercing physical attack).

I am kicking myself right now because I did change the 66 and 77 bits, and when it turned up nothing I changed them because. I was indeed so close. Sad