FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Jristz - 06-18-2016

Another gameplay inform... I now will wait to Beta 3 for restart Again (I lost my savefile so... whelp)

Notes from the last play I forgot
* The Mamoth in the start of the game, while you have Snips and Snake CAN one-blizzard-kill your party regardles level (you can grind at that point), so Maybe raise the HP of Snips and Snake just to make that blizzard survivable?
* Trixie do 3 attacks at the start, you NEED luck to survive since if you ara unlucky or level around 13-14 to survive the wave... that bad if you are unlucky like me

Lets start from Tritoch in the hill.
* Not much, but I not stop and heard the entire song of Shy and I only say that the start sound bad but the rest of the song, the actual loop, is excelent.
* AJ song... I mean Doma Song is unfiting, but you have many versions to thing if worth change it or not.
* Shiva... er... Powder and the other pony, well, they were easy since I just attack one and defend and heal on the other so is a OK... but then...
* ProtoTroop, that son of a submariner, It was a savestatefest, you not have enough phisical damge to give a descent fight, he change barrier even with a Scan so is ALL lucky and Runic, but even that it could take more time that your suplies run out.
Magic is an option if you not runic but as I say, he can one shoot you with a Lvl2 spell and that are dangerous.
But a Question: He intended to phisical atack if you are runic? cause while I runic he rarely magical attack my team.
* then after ProtoTroop the roadblock come the last fight with Gilda, that just try and error since was easier that ProtoTrop and that good (Still I lost 5 times).
* The towers were as easiers as the original, no complaining.
* then the rest go smooth...
* In the Burning House, the Boss, is tough, but is again, a fight of resource management... unless you buy enough Ice Rods *Maniatical laugh*

That all, so far it come funny, but that ProtoTroop roadblock is just insane for THAt part on the game AND considering what come after... so I'm not going to redo the game until the next version and you can totaly blame ProtoTroop.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 06-18-2016

No, the Mammoth cannot one-hit kill Snips and Snails. It only uses Blizzard if you're above level 5, which you will not be when you fight them.

The ProtoTroop is weak to whatever element is opposite he is using; when he uses fire attacks, cast ice, if he uses poison, hit with holy. Scan can help you recognize those patterns if they're unclear. If you don't have the element he's weak to, hit him with another magic attack to provoke a WallChange to something to you can work with. Alternatively he only has 777 MP, so you can Runic and Rasp to outlast him and disable most of his offense. You just didn't fight him right. Wink

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Jristz - 06-18-2016

DrakeyC
Quote:No, the Mammoth cannot one-hit kill Snips and Snails. It only uses Blizzard if you're above level 5, which you will not be when you fight them.

Well it can OHK a Twilight if you Solo all uo tho them or if you send to Run S&S to but let Twilight fight alone (like some videos of speedruns I see) and capitalize all the exp and that enough to let she go to 5 (S&S will be at 1 then), I know, I tryed and got killed.
An easy fix for the run problem is make S&S run factor lower enough to run Always after Twilight and that the Mamoth not blizzard you if Snips or Snake levels arei lower than 5.

DarkeyC
Quote:The ProtoTroop is weak to whatever element is opposite he is using; when he uses fire attacks, cast ice, if he uses poison, hit with holy. Scan can help you recognize those patterns if they're unclear. If you don't have the element he's weak to, hit him with another magic attack to provoke a WallChange to something to you can work with. Alternatively he only has 777 MP, so you can Runic and Rasp to outlast him and disable most of his offense. You just didn't fight him right. Wink

He will counter any magic like Scan with WallChange... and my AirAnchor too... and with the really few MP I my team have at that time I got easily runned out of Cider and that stuff, and aparently (or my bad luck) he counter phisical attacks and some of them One shoot my weak character in the team (and With weak I mean she not have enough to buy a desent armor)... and rasp my way to the win?... I NEVER throwghin using rasp.

Now I think, Why a filly like Scoots or Sweetie IS allowed to drink Cider cups or Cider Mugs... maybe a messae in the description "Non alcoholic brebage"? (This remmind me why PonyFantasy age up the crusades (that why they portraits look older).

Well, we are far or near a beta3? you know, I lost my file so I want start fresh.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 06-19-2016

So, you killed off two of your three party members (not necessary since Twilight will be alone and free to level up on her own in five minutes), and then complain that she dies too easily? But earlier you said it was Snips and Snails that die.

You don't have the AirAnchor when you get to the ProtoTroop. As for Scan, he counters all spells with WallChange. Again, that's so if you don't have a spell that he's weak to, like Wind, you can still use another spell on him to force another change.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Jristz - 06-19-2016

Sorry about the frasing, I'm not native english and I just self-learnt it so I get ptoblems I'll try refrace thign better now.

Quote:So, you killed off two of your three party members (not necessary since Twilight will be alone and free to level up on her own in five minutes), and then complain that she dies too easily? But earlier you said it was Snips and Snails that die.

What I complain is that Mamoth WILL do the Blizzard when I'm at lvl 5 and I can get that (reach the level 5 in Twilight) killing Snips and Snails. Blizzard will OHK my Twilight at that stage preventing me for leveling she to 5 after the Mamoths.
The two easier solutions are
* Make sure that no mather what you survive the Blizzards even with 1 HP or
* Make sure no mather what you can't get to lvl 5 either making the enemies give less exp or rise the exp needed.

Quote:You don't have the AirAnchor when you get to the ProtoTroop. As for Scan, he counters all spells with WallChange. Again, that's so if you don't have a spell that he's weak to, like Wind, you can still use another spell on him to force another change.

In the factory Magitech you fight Trappers and you can with luck steal AirAnchor and a Chainsaw... look like you mess the item that supposed to carry here if they arent supposed to carry those two items or something else fail in my savefile... so another reason to wait to beta3.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 06-19-2016

I'm sorry but you have no sympathy from me from me on the first point. If you kill off two of your three party members, IMHO you forfeit the right to complain when the game is difficult for it. That is a choice you made as a player and you can deal with it, I am not going to change things there.

As for the Trappers, noted, I'll look into it.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Rydel - 06-20-2016

I did a quick check, and Vomammoth didn't have its script changed. If you're doing a Twilight SCC or a speedrun, I'd check guides or other similar playthroughs to see how they got through that section in the vanilla version.

Same with ProtoTroop - his mechanics don't appear to be changed.
Even if you do have the Air Anchor here, it would be a waste of a turn to use it in this fight. Like most bosses, he's immune to instant death attacks.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Tenkarider - 06-20-2016

if what you really want is a speedrun, then just skip all the minions before the General(you can follow a precise pattern that allows you to dodge 'em all)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Rydel - 06-20-2016

Since he mentioned Twilight (Terra) fighting, it's probably the one fight with Vomammoths on the way into the mines in the opening.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Jristz - 06-25-2016

(06-20-2016, 04:35 PM)Rydel Wrote: Since he mentioned Twilight (Terra) fighting, it's probably the one fight with Vomammoths on the way into the mines in the opening.

Yeah, is that battle, I will check here if I'm doing something wrong or weird.

And for the Trappers, I'm still clueless why I get to steal an AirAnchor  Hmm but I think something goes wrong with the patching... I just will wait to the next beta to try it