FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 05-04-2016

Yes.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 05-04-2016

OK. For testing Lore on another character such as Terra, you might have to just change this:
C2/36E1: AC 07 30 LDY $3007
07 is Strago, so change it to 00 for Terra. Although this might not be necessary. But, I don't see how simply giving a character the Lore command would also come with the selected Lores.

As for problem solving this, I know the Gogo patch relocated Lore-related RAM (*Lores now at $1E3D-$1E3F)
So I'd imagine that something else might be using this range, it is a possibility at least, though I couldn't begin to figure that out on my side.

Can check this also to see if it matches:

org $C0BE17
LDA $E6F564 ; Initialises Strago's known lores at recruit.
STA $1E3A ; Strago's known lores, byte 1
LDA $E6F565
STA $1E3B ; Strago's known lores, byte 2
LDA $E6F566
STA $1E3C ; Strago's known lores, byte 3

I previously had to change the three STAs to get Sabin's Blitzes to work. At least, I think it was needed; I just did what Madsiur said, I don't pretend to understand. Sad

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3170&pid=30203#pid30203

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 05-04-2016

I told Drakey to change that because I suspect an error in GrayShadow's code. If lore are now at $1E3D, $1E3E and $1E3F, why the init Stago code write stuff on $1E3A (morph byte), $1E3B (blitz?) and $1E3C? If Gi Nattak never has problem with that patch, I'd say revert the change I told you to do but either way Grayshadow's code doesn't make sense for that portion of code.

But won't that revert the Blitz fix?

EDIT - Yup.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 05-05-2016

Looking at my ROM's Grayshadow's code, I notice I have the 'Initialises Strago's known lores at recruit' part of the code STAs looking like this:

$1E3D @ C0/BE1C
$1E3E @ C0/BE23
$1E3F @ C0/BE2A

(Note that these will appear backward in hex)

These are in the unused range so they shouldn't effect anything else - I went out of the way a bit to test your ROM from a new game that Blitzes are being learned correctly since that was an issue with reverting Madsiur's change. It seemed that change was what was zeroing out the first 2 bytes (first 16 Lores) of the learned Lores.

So perhaps I should update the Grayshadow's code in the post to these values as well, I do remember barely having a similar issue with learned skills being zeroed out, probably Lores, and I must have made this change manually and never updated the file. Yes that's exactly what happened.

This is how your skills should be stored using Grayshadow's code, nothing overwriting each other:
Morph (now at $1E3A)
SwdTech (now at $1E3B)
Blitz (now at $1E3C)
Lores  (now at $1E3D-$1E3F)

EDIT:
If you should notice anything funny with your current saved game regarding learned Blitzes, Sword Techs, Lores, it will most likely require a new game to see it corrected.

DOUBLE EDIT:
Thanks to Madsiur also for noticing the mix-up in the assembly file and pointing out to do this in previous posts which I wasn't aware of until just now.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 05-05-2016

Yup, Terra given Lore knows the three she should know, and Sabin's Blitzes are fine.

On my saved game, I went and recruited Strago again; still only has Stone. Is it just the fix will only take effect in new games and I'm safe to keep playing this way?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 05-05-2016

It won't hurt anything else for testing, like Gogo's magic (which hopefully works). So you should be good. But yeah for Strago there, a new game would be needed to see the correction.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 05-05-2016

I can live with that, I can fiddle with the enemy AI scripts to teach myself the missing Lores. Thank you very, very much. Laugh

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 05-05-2016

If you gave Terra Lores and she learns the three in game beginning, it means it work. You can't give lore to two characters and expecting they learn both at recruit the three lores...