FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 05-02-2016

Yeah okay, huh. Well I'll keep on thinking of something, your caseword check as far as I can tell looks good so I'm not sure why the freeze, but will keep thinking.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Lockirby2 - 05-02-2016

Too bad I haven't reached this command in my documentation yet or I'd know how to help. Tongue I'd experiment but I don't have time tonight unfortunately.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 05-02-2016

OK I see (and remember) now, the 20 (character byte) is also accountable for the jump address. Meaning for Cyan, it says 20, but it needs to be 22 because 20 is pointing to CA bank, 22 would point to CC which is where your code is at. So the second value of that character byte deals with the bank part of the jump, it's a two part byte.

So 20 to 22 and you should be good! ^_^

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 05-03-2016

Woohoo, thanks Gi! Let the playthrough continue!

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 05-04-2016

I think my fears of the Gogo magic patch have come true. Strago is selected to start knowing Aqua Rake, Revenge, and Stone like normal for his Lores, but he just joined my party knowing only Stone.

If it's of use for this problem, I still have a save state from before talking to and naming him.

EDIT - On the upside, a quick test confirms he can still learn Aqua Rake when seeing an enemy use it like normal. But still, this concerns me.

On further investigation, giving him all Lores to start still starts him with Stone. De-selecting Stone, he still has it.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 05-04-2016

Did you apply the gogo patch before starting a completely new game, or after? I -think- Lores are given and assessed at the start of a new game, not upon recruitment. Maybe someone can confirm this though.

Yes, new game right from the start.

Ah okay, that theory might be out then... but it would explain why changing them now like removing Stone is not working. I just seem to remember changing what Lore and Rage they come with, a new game data must be started. I doubt I can be much help solving this issue if it's something in the code, I didn't have the same issue with it and am able to use the Lore editor in ff3usme to change them still. Hopefully someone here can help to figure it out though.

I hope so. If it can be fixed for future players, I can keep playing like this. I can always slap Lore onto Terra and start a new game to test any fixes, right?

I think so, but there is one thing at least I know that needs to be changed to reflect a new character ID... but I think that just might be for learning new ones from monsters. Which leads me think of a question; is your Lore learning character still the same ID as Strago (07)?