FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-27-2016

Putting aside the ship for now, having another issue with my Locke flashback. Had some trouble with the rocks falling, troubleshot that, fixed it, okay.

The flashback goes okay to the end and I'm in control in the house, but now I can't leave. I walk to the entrance, and nothing happens.

As a reminder - my modified Locke flashback, when Rachel pushes Locke aside, I jump to a spot of empty space to cause a rock slide onto the bridge, then when Locke goes to the edge and shouts after her, jump back to the original event and continue. I didn't do anything else.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 04-27-2016

Are you unable to open the menu as well?

Yes.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 04-27-2016

It's tough to be sure, but it could be a jump to relocated data the event is not agreeing with, in order for it to end correctly. This would happen to me back on some events and I wound up just moving the whole thing from where I jumped, so there was no returning back. I'm not sure exactly what causes it sometimes, it's not like every event needs to be moved like this, but it seems sometimes maybe under certain circumstances it doesn't like to jump back and forth, resulting in this issue.

Besides this, you could try jumping back with another subroutine jump instead of returning with FE, or visa versa. Sometimes this will work.

I was already jumping back with a subroutine. Also, I mispoke. From when Rachel pushes Locke to when the Mt. Kolts part of the flashback ends, is moved, and when we jump to the original event. The original event goes:

Quote:CC/6B42: 94 Pause for 60 units
CC/6B43: 5A Fade screen at speed $08
CC/6B45: 5C Pause execution until fade in or fade out is complete
CC/6B46: 6B Load map $00C5 (Kohlingen, Rachel's house (always)) instantly, (upper bits $2000), place party at (38, 11), facing down

CC/6B45 is among the stuff moved, after which I've got a jump to 46; B2 45 6B 02.

I took a basic guess and yeah, that did it. After the mentioned jump back to CC/6B46, I had put FF. Changed it to FE, all good. Thanks, Gi.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-27-2016

I'm just going to drop this here. Make sure that the checkbox is checked before you enter the values:

[Image: GWY7JGm.png]

It was, and it didn't work. Why it's spontaneously working now I don't know. Telling you this Rom is sentient, there's no other explanation.

EDIT - That explains it, it doesn't like the uncompressed .bin file. Likes the Rom just fine.

I'm having an oddity with this sprite (replaces Ramuh)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4y3snr68wu82tq2/Starswirl+Map.ips

It's supposed to use Palette 6, but it refuses to. I change its Palette in ZoneDoctor and leave and re-enter Terra's room to reset the palette. Works on Palette 4, 5, 7. Not 6. When I set it to Palette 6 it uses 7.

Tell me this rom is not trolling me...

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 04-28-2016

It's the entrance event for that map:
CA/F004: 60 Change background layer $0E to palette $08
CA/F007: FE Return

All palette 6 characters will take on palette 08. It uses it to color Esper Terra. What you can do, it change the entrance event to change background layer $0F instead, and change Esper Terra's palette to 07 instead with the level editor.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-28-2016

Well at least it was an easy fix, I was worried it was how Rydel made the sprite. Thank you. Smile

Having an oddity with my new AI script for Ultros' opera fight. I set him up to keep track of special attacks used on him and say something and use a special attack when he's been hit by those attacks enough times. The three groups he counters are Magic and Summon, Mug and Tools (Weapons), and Blitz (Alicorn) and Swdtech. The Blitz and Swdtech counter works, as does Magic and Summon. But not Mug and Tools. For some reason for that, she instead counters with Lullaby. As a test I went into battle, attacked with Tools twice, and then did nothing; she did not use Lullaby on her own, but as a counter to a third Tools use.

I also had another oddities where she dies like a normal enemy, turning pink and vanished, rather than doing the end taunt and running away.

Code:
FC 0D 03 03    ; If variable VAR003 is greater than or equal to 3
F3 1E 00       ; Text: " Oooo, you wanna brawl, huh?<D>"
EE             ; Battle
EE             ; Battle
EE             ; Battle
EE             ; Battle
F8 03 00       ; Set VAR003 to 0
FE             ; End If and reset targeting
FC 0D 02 03    ; If variable VAR002 is greater than or equal to 3
F3 19 00       ; Text: " Check out my Electro-orb!<D> "
06             ; <MB>Bolt 2
F8 02 00       ; Set VAR002 to 0
FC 0D 01 03    ; If variable VAR001 is greater than or equal to 3
F3 16 00       ; Text: " Take a hike!<D> "
F1 01          ; Targeting: Locke (all allies if N/A)
D0             ; Hair Snap
F8 01 00       ; Set VAR001 to 0
FC 15 00 00    ; If VAR000 has all the following bit cleared: 0
F3 13 00       ; Text: " Did ya miss me?<D> "
F9 01 00 00    ; VAR000 set bit: 0
F0 EE EE EF    ; Rand. spell: Battle or Battle or Special
FD             ; Wait until the attack sequence is called upon again, then continue (reset targeting)
F0 B8 B8 D0    ; Rand. spell: Mega Volt or Mega Volt or Hair Snap
FD             ; Wait until the attack sequence is called upon again, then continue (reset targeting)
F0 D0 D0 EF    ; Rand. spell: Hair Snap or Hair Snap or Special
FF             ; End first wave of attack
FC 16 3C 00    ; If the global battle timer is greater than 60
FB 04 00       ; Sets global battle timer to 0
F3 62 00       ; Text: " How about a nice lullaby?<D> "
A8             ; Lullaby
FC 12 00 00    ; If following monster is/are dead:
F3 04 00       ; Text: " NEXT TIME!!<D> "
F5 03 01 FF    ; Monsters #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 are killed, from side, indiv.
FC 01 07 0A    ; If monster has been attacked by cmd: SwdTech or Alicorn, will target attacker
F0 FE EF EF    ; Rand. spell: Nothing or Special or Special
F8 03 81       ; 1 added to VAR003
FC 01 02 19    ; If monster has been attacked by cmd: Magic or Summon, will target attacker
F8 02 81       ; 1 added to VAR002
FC 01 06 09    ; If monster has been attacked by cmd: Mug or Weapons, will target attacker
F8 01 81       ; 1 added to VAR001
FF             ; End

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-29-2016

What I think is happening is you got the "nothing" twice in a row (nothing, special, special). Now I can't remember if you can trigger two counterattack per turn, so to be safe the thing to do would be to place you global timer / lulabby counter code block at the bottom after the tool / mug one to make sure it trigger if applicable before the global timer block..