FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-13-2016

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3106&pid=30032#pid30032

I noticed the change and pointed it out without the need for a disassembly, you guys just didn't notice it.  Hold on

Well, if the mold problem can't be solved... hm. I hate bugging Rydel to redo sprites when he's working so hard already, but that may be the only course.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 10:32 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: I noticed the change and pointed it out without the need for a disassembly, you guys just didn't notice it.  Hold on

Good call on that. Maybe next time you can try your first impression or something we might have overlooked and have the satisfaction of fixing a bug! Tongue

But then I rob you of the satisfaction of helping someone else, and I'm not that cruel. Smile

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - m06 - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 10:32 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: I noticed the change and pointed it out without the need for a disassembly, you guys just didn't notice it.  Hold on

lol, I should have read further back. On the flip side this byte is not changed by either patches so how it was manipulated is still a mystery.

Can you link to a better explanation of your mold problem? I get lost in this thread, it's too long to browse.

Well, that's odd. I typed a response out but apparently never submitted it... I cannot brain.

The new sprites for Air Force and its attachments, the attachments are layered behind the Air Force, so they're covered up and don't display right - the original Air Force had its attachments over the top of the Air Force. The new sprites use the same mold and enemy slots, and I've compared them to vanilla to make sure nothing is different other than position.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Rydel - 04-13-2016

Quick summary of the mold problem:
I created new graphics for Air Force, Missile Bay, and Laser Gun.  When Drakey puts them in the game, Missile Bay and Laser Gun appear behind the Air Force instead of in front of it.

The biggest change I can see is that the original uses Mould 7 with the enemies in slots 0, 2,3, and 4, while the modified one has the enemies in slots 0, 1, 2, and 3, and might use a different mould.

I don't know much about Moulds - is there documentation on them somewhere, especially how they are stored? Is it possible something in the mould controls which slots appear in front of each other?

I've since changed it from the screenshot to use Mold 7, and the enemies are in the same slots as vanilla now. Here's a direct comparison to the vanilla formation.

[Image: Air%20Force_zpsxi9cbcgu.png]

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - m06 - 04-13-2016

Maybe they layer based on Y position (or X/Y position) so anything higher on the screen will be drawn first and have the lowest layering priority.

I've not used monster formations much so I'm guessing here based on that everything else seems in order.

EDIT: I did some quick tests. Sprites closer to the bottom will overlap (has priority over) sprites closer to the top. If sprites have the same Y position their X priority will be first monster in data overlaps latter monsters in data.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-14-2016

(04-13-2016, 11:15 PM)Rydel Wrote: is there documentation on them somewhere, especially how they are stored?

All the Molds data are in bank C2. Just search for "mold". However, I don't know where this data is used (in code) or what the actual mold data means...

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-14-2016

(04-13-2016, 11:58 PM)m06 Wrote: I did some quick tests. Sprites closer to the bottom will overlap (has priority over) sprites closer to the top. If sprites have the same Y position their X priority will be first monster in data overlaps latter monsters in data.

So in other words, these sprites with the attachments at the top of the Air Force sprite just won't work?