FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-12-2016

Yes, that was it. Assembler worked, got my new rom.

Went to SNEStuff, Created IP patch. Selected my Morph Rom first, selected the vanilla rom second, applied the resulting patch to a test patch. Now when I Morph in battle, it freezes. Double-checked they all have headers and did when I made and applied the patch.

EDIT - not even Morphing, I think when it was Terra's turn, it just crashed.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - m06 - 04-12-2016

(04-12-2016, 04:54 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: ... applied the resulting patch to a test patch.

I hope you meant "... applied the resulting patch to a test ROM." - patches always need to be applied to ROMs

Yes, that.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-12-2016

if your ROM had a header, did you have the header instruction enabled in your ASM file?

Presuming that's the "; header" line at the top, yes.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - m06 - 04-12-2016

(04-12-2016, 09:56 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Presuming that's the "; header" line at the top, yes.

I think that semi-colon ( ; ) is a comment indicator. So this line is skipped.

Try removing the ; symbol at the start of the line?

Removed the semicolon, remade it all and tried again. Same effect as before.

EDIT - I do find it very interesting though that one of the Morph glitch effects being caused is resetting the battle...

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - m06 - 04-13-2016

I looked at the code.

I guess GrayShadow's patch is slightly dependant on HatZen's Resiliant Morph:
Code:
; Commented out for compatibility with Hatzen's Resilient Morph
; org $C25E3F
; ADC $1E3A

; org $C25E46
; STA $1E3A

I assume these lines need to be commented back in, since we are not using Resilient Morph.

Madsiurs suggestion only allows you to remove stuff so we need to do more. I guess this is just 6 bytes so doing it by hand in a hex editor is fine.

In hex:
Code:
C2/5E3F:  6D 3A 1E       ; (ADC $1E3A)

C2/5E46:  8D 3A 1E       ; (STA $1E3A)

EDIT: Perhaps it might be best to have your own copy of GrayShadow's patch where you comment out the compatibility code and assemble the patch yourself.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-13-2016

Added in the commented-out bits you specified. Same result as before.

At this point, I'm considering just using Resilient Morph. It's not something I'm strongly against having, against the difficulty of all this stuff, it may be simpler. Admittedly I haven't even tried it out so it may be fine.

EDIT - Even with Resilient Morph applied, Terra is still staying Morphed indefinitely. The patch is applied, because it's taking her MP and a full turn to do it.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - m06 - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 01:07 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: EDIT - Even with Resilient Morph applied, Terra is still staying Morphed indefinitely. The patch is applied, because it's taking her MP and a full turn to do it.

Then I would think the Gogo Magic patch is glitched. You have a modified version of the patch right? Can you do a long copy/paste into a codeblock here on the forum?