FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-09-2016

Okay, in addition to the mold problem, what defines how long Morph lasts? It otherwise works properly but never runs out.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-09-2016

(04-09-2016, 06:59 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: what defines how long Morph lasts? It otherwise works properly but never runs out.

It's a counter. Relevant code start at C2/0B18. You should try with a debugger to see if it's properly executed up to C2/0B35.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-09-2016

Comparing it to an unedited Rom, yeah, things are significantly changed. 0B18 through 0B35 is all Morph and only Morph?I'd presume the easiest fix is to just revert it to the unedited Rom's data for that section.

In other news, do you have any ideas on the mold issue?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-10-2016

(04-09-2016, 10:32 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Comparing it to an unedited Rom, yeah, things are significantly changed. [...] I'd presume the easiest fix is to just revert it to the unedited Rom's data for that section.

It won't be as simple as that. The Gogo's magic ASM file does change some morph code, the following and some other lines as well. I would first check if you got the right values (3 bytes) at all three places. If it's correct your problem will require debugging in the area mentioned in previous post to see what is really going on.

Code:
org $C20B1B
LDX $1E3A

org $C20B3B
LDA $1E3A

org $C20B46
LDA $1E3A

(04-09-2016, 10:32 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: 0B18 through 0B35 is all Morph and only Morph?

I don't understand what you mean here.

As for the mold issue, I don't think there is an easy workaround or fix aside of changing the mold slot of the character you want up front thus reducing its size to fit it.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-10-2016

I meant the code you specified from 0B18 to 0B35 isn't used for anything other than Morph. But as you say, it won't be as simple as changing it back.

The three bytes you specify are all correct, I believe. $C20B1B is AE 3A 1E, $C20B3B is AD 3A 1E, and $C20B46 is AD 3A 1E. The only difference from vanilla aside from those three is that C2/0B27 is changed from C9 in vanilla to FF in the hack. Everything else between the hack and vanilla is identical, up to C2/0BA0.

If I do need to do bug testing, then, what is needed?

With the mold issue, the molds are big enough for the sprites. They just aren't appearing over each other properly. This enemy is the Air Force, so the two smaller enemies, the attachments, should appear in front of its sprite, like Air Force's do. But for some reason they're behind the Air Force sprite and are obscured. I changed it to use the same mold as Air Force originally did, but same problem.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 01:46 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: If I do need to do bug testing, then, what is needed?

You need a debugger. bsnes+ or snes9x debugger can do the job. First I'd set an execute breakpoint at C2/0B18 then step into/over until you reach C2/0B35. You should first check than the instructions are the same as the C2 disassembly except the change of the morph timer being on $1E35. If everything match then you gotta look more in depth if $1E35 is actually decremented and if all instance of it have been replaced and other changed morph code works properly (see asm file of Gogo's magic hack).

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-11-2016

I dunno how to use those breakpoints (I know I tried before but I had no idea what I was doing with them), but I checked the disassemblies.

One thing that stuck out, I have $C20B46 as AD 3A 1E, but the dissasembly has it as 8D F6 1C. I know the 3A1E/F61C is the address where it's jumping to, so maybe the AD I have should be 8D? That said, if I understand this right, the Morph timer originally looked at C2/1CF6 to work, and the Gogo magic stuff moved it to C2/1E3A? Because if that is so, what I have at 1E3A is completely different from vanilla's 1CF6.

However, I do believe I found the problem - as usual with me, it was something dumb. The Gogo Magic disassembly refers to it being made to go with HatZen's Resilient Morph. In my ignorance I never applied that but forgot to remove the compatibility stuff when I applied the patch. However, reading what Resilient Morph does, I have no interest in applying the patch, so how do I reverse the compatibility now?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 12:26 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: However, reading what Resilient Morph does, I have no interest in applying the patch, so how do I reverse the compatibility now?

If I understand, you applied resilient morph compatibility code from gogo's magic patch but never applied the resilient morph patch?

You'll need to do the following:

1) Apply only resilient morph compatibility code to a clean ROM (comment everything else in the ASM file or write the bytes manually)
2) Make a patch with your modified ROM as clean ROM and a clean ROM as modified ROM.
3) Apply the patch to your hack

This should revert the unwanted changes.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 04-11-2016

I'm sorry, I cannot brain today - how do I use the assembler?

As I remember, I save the Notepad file as a .asm, put it and my rom in the same folder as asar.exe, run that, put in "Name.asm" and then "Name.smc" I think? Because that gave me an error message.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq156/DrakeClawfang/Error_zpsrefuieba.png

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 04-12-2016

It seems you have commented the morphExit2 label at the bottom of the code block where it is used twice. I'm not sure of the morphExit error on line 80 since I dunno what is at that line and it's not a label used anywhere. Maybe you removed the "2" from the label by mistake?