FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-13-2016

Nope, I put in another monster and it looks fine.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 03-13-2016

Is your sprite bigger or does it use more colors than the one you replaced that works?
I forget how exactly it works, but with the Magitek Armors in battle they need to use up some of the RAM for graphics/colors used on the screen. So it sounds like your sprite is too much for it in conjunction with the Mtek Armor, while the other sprite is not.

Well, this is the sprite, the third one. But it has a 15 color index and I've changed the molds, and using 15-color soldiers never affected things before. I changed the formation to three of the spear-holding enemy, which are obviously more complex and just as big, and it was fine.

http://sta.sh/229codvu73x

EDIT - Yeah, something about this sprite. Other folks are reporting glitches with its palette swaps.

It's pretty iffy, I can't be sure exactly what to pin the issue on with the sprite, other than yes the actual sprite is the culprit, for whatever reason. Either too many colors, too big, or just not sitting in the mold correctly in the sense that certain parts of the mold need to have the sprite taking up - we (James n I) encountered this when doing new sprites, we had to move it up to the top left I think it was in order for the game to show it correctly. Meaning if you can bring up your sprite so it sits in the mold at the top instead of the bottom (if there's space) then do that.

Okay, I'll try that.

EDIT - Woohoo, that worked! One problem down.

I'm glad I don't have to axe it because those sprites look awesome. Smile

Nice, nice. Glad to help resolve that. Took me and James a day of frustration to get that figured out. Something with the vram I think? Empty space at the top of sprite the game says nope!

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-17-2016

Okay, before I do event editing, there is a hurdle with the Magitek Armor. A friend who's doing sprites is making an entirely separate Magitek Armor vehicle sprite. The problem is I don't know how to change the Magitek Armor's palette.

So, a couple questions.

- How do I do that?
- I see changing Palette 7 does not change the in-battle armor, so how do I do that?
- If I do overwrite Palette 7, is it used for anything other than the Chocobo and turtles?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Tenkarider - 03-17-2016

Quote:- If I do overwrite Palette 7, is it used for anything other than the Chocobo and turtles?
don't you trust me? Sad i'm pretty sure that those 3 are the only ones that use palette 7 as map sprites...

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-17-2016

I just want a second opinion. Wink

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Catone - 03-17-2016

I don't have anything other than those 3 listed as palette 7. If anything else it will onpy be a back ground item like a funny rock or something, should be safe to test.

As for the magitek, looks like you got your real issue worked out but just for the record, I'll explain this yet again (not just for you btw)

Monster graphics are on a 128x128 grid, divided into 32x32 chunks picture this:
X X X Y
X X X Y
X X X Y
X X X Y

Those "Y" are the 32x32 pieces Magitek armor uses to display itself. Any monster using them will have some sort of overlap/glitch with magitek armor. Using a 60x60 monster 3 times will/should still fall into that strip of Y's and the monster thats trying to use it will have graphical errors. This iswhy some people always just say "some molds glitch with magitek". No, they only glitch if they attempt to share that strip.

The reason you can only have three PC's in Magitek armor in battle goes back to the Magitek overwriting one PC's battle palette with the one it uses. In other words, you can have four PC's in Magitek armor in battle but one will be displayed with Magitek armor's color palette.

Not sure this information helps you at this point, just fyi in general. I actually did a good bit of study on that subject and that's still the best explination I come up with, so if someone does know it better, please correct me. Even better if someone figured out how to correct that. I know last I tried I could fix all but about 30 something vanilla formations to work with magitek by just shuffling them around, never could figure out a "fix" though, Magitek will only display correctly if monsters stay in the 96x128 area of the grid.