FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 06:02 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 05:44 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I thought/heard he has been MIA.

At least he was not KIA or WIA but having zero APM does mean NFA. We need more LTMA hackers with a POA!

Lol! Zero APM sounds like me playing Warcraft 3 stoned. APM = actions per minute.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-09-2016

Another AI script oddity. With this guy, he's supposed to use one attack pattern normally, but when he's hit enough times, he glows, gets Safe and Shell, and switches to a stronger attack pattern. For some reason the glow and related changes aren't happening.

http://pastebin.com/P1DjknAh

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 03-09-2016

Try this at beginning:

Code:
FC 0D 01 07    ; If variable VAR001 is greater than or equal to 7
F8 02 01       ; Set VAR002 to 1
F8 01 00       ; Set VAR001 to 0
FB 0B 16       ; Monster gains hidden status: Safe
FB 0B 15       ; Monster gains hidden status: Shell
FA 0C 01 00    ; Monsters palette flashes to yellow briefly
FE             ; End If and reset targeting
[continue script]
FC 0C 02 00    ; If variable VAR002 is lower than or equal to 0
F8 01 81       ; 1 added to VAR001
F0 0A 0A 0A    ; Rand. spell: <MB>Bolt 3 or <MB>Bolt 3 or <MB>Bolt 3
FE             ; End If and reset targeting
FF
[end]

Edit: I gotta fix those quote blocks... :/

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-09-2016

Nope, now he's using the "hit enough times" script automatically.

Also, updated version.

https://www.mediafire.com/?bwd47v9k84tl6t8

On my end, priority 1 for now is solving the Umaro magic problem.

That aside, I'll be upfront - would anyone be willing to do the event editing for me? I don't need a lot done, it's a short list:

- Add Umaro to the characters the airship guy unequips
- Add some rocks to the Locke flashback with Rachel (for story reasons - Locke is a pegasus so why would Rachel be worried about a bridge collapse?)
- Add a bit to Shadow's ending sequence where he flies away (again, pegasus)

My concern with event editing is that it's all compressed in linear in the Hex. I know I have to use coding to make the event jump to a blank spot where I can do my event, then it jumps back, but I don't know how to do that. I'd use Zonedoctor to teach myself how to do what I want, but I don't know how to do the jumps.

Okay, trying event editing on my own. I've successfully relocated the Sombra's Letter event to another spot in the data and made it into a battle initiation, so yay for that settled. There's some more stuff to do with that but that can come later.

For now, I'm trying to do Locke's flashback. I specifically relocated the part where Rachel falls, as that's the part I'll be changing. This is specifically what's been moved.

Quote:CC/6B11: 58 Shake screen ($F3):
(Intensity: 3))
(Permanance and ???: 0))
(Layer 1 affected)
(Layer 2 affected)
(Layer 3 affected)
(Sprite layer affected)
CC/6B13: 73 Replace current map's Layer 1 at (37, 53) with the following (4 x 3) chunk, refresh immediately
CC/6B18: $01, $50, $01, $0B
CC/6B1C: $60, $0B, $4D, $0B
CC/6B20: $2A, $0B, $01, $3A
CC/6B24: 10 Begin action queue for character $10 (NPC $10), 5 bytes long (Wait until complete)
CC/6B26: C7 Set vehicle/entity to stay still when moving
CC/6B27: CE Turn vehicle/entity down
CC/6B28: C4 Set vehicle/entity's event speed to faster
CC/6B29: 9E Move vehicle/entity down 8 tiles
CC/6B2A: FF End queue
CC/6B2B: 94 Pause for 60 units
CC/6B2C: 01 Begin action queue for character $01 (Actor in stot 1), 6 bytes long (Wait until complete)
CC/6B2E: C6 Set vehicle/entity to walk when moving
CC/6B2F: C3 Set vehicle/entity's event speed to fast
CC/6B30: A2 Move vehicle/entity left/down 1x1 tiles
CC/6B31: 83 Move vehicle/entity left 1 tile
CC/6B32: 09 Do vehicle/entity graphical action $09 (kneeling)
CC/6B33: FF End queue

And this is how I've done it (for now the relocated stuff is identical to the original event; one thing at a time, I figure).

The original event location with the jump to the relocated data.

[Image: Original%20Event_zpsmfhczehf.png]

The relocated data.

[Image: Relocated%20Event_zpsifyrc4zs.png]

The event with Rachel falling goes normally, but Locke doesn't continue the event after running to the edge - I think the jump isn't jumping back to the original data. And I'm not sure why. I've troubleshot various things (including a jump back to the original event location in various ways), but this is the best result I can get.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 03-10-2016

Is it just me or is the relocated data hex pic identical to the 1st one there?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-10-2016

My bad, the right image is up.

In other news - when it rains, it pours. A lot of more technical glitches coming in and I have no idea what could be causing any of them.

- The intro cinematic with the frozen Esper destroying Terra's armor is glitching again. Where are battle events located?
- It's been reported that SwdTech charges at different speeds when facing different enemies.
- When fighting Atma Weapon, a player was wiped out by it but the fight ended, Atma was gone on the field, and the bit proceeded with Shadow leaving and the party at one HP. I didn't touch the Atma Weapon event in any way and nothing in its AI script says this could happen.

I did not encounter any of these glitches on my end and have no idea what could have caused them. So, other stuff like Umaro and event editing are stalled, major glitches are more important. Where should I even start trying to sort these out?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 03-10-2016

(03-10-2016, 05:46 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: My bad, the right image is up.

In other news - when it rains, it pours. A lot of more technical glitches coming in and I have no idea what could be causing any of them.

- The intro cinematic with the frozen Esper destroying Terra's armor is glitching again. Where are battle events located?
- It's been reported that SwdTech charges at different speeds when facing different enemies.
- When fighting Atma Weapon, a player was wiped out by it but the fight ended, Atma was gone on the field, and the bit proceeded with Shadow leaving and the party at one HP. I didn't touch the Atma Weapon event in any way and nothing in its AI script says this could happen.

I did not encounter any of these glitches on my end and have no idea what could have caused them. So, other stuff like Umaro and event editing are stalled, major glitches are more important. Where should I even start trying to sort these out?

1) this is the thread pertaining to battle events:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1049&highlight=all+about+battle+events

2) hmm, sounds like your custom sword tech speed edit/code is not stable...

3) not sure about that man, if it's just happening in Atma's script/battle and not others...well, I don't know. And if it's not happening to you or anyone else. Not sure, they are your testers though see if they can provide a save state and try and solve a mystery. It sucks, I know. If the script is the same as before I can't imagine why that battle event triggered, and in such a way. =X Other than something might obviously not be right... Have you applied the Shadow Can't leave patch? Lol, that would be a way to solve it, but not all the other crap that happened along side it. Honestly, it sounds like that tester might have been using save states in battle and who knows wtf could happen. If no one else is reporting this, right? I'd guess something is amiss, but if it's random it'll be a b*t*h to figure out.

4) sorry to hear about this, but yes this stuff is to be expected, gotta work through it. I personally am not sure where to start, if you're asking and not rhetorically, probably with the graphical stuff since that seems like an ongoing thing that keeps resurfacing. Gotta try and figure out wtf is doing that - hopefully you have a close backup where it's working. I mean, it was all working for you when you tested it, so I'm not sure what to make of it... But alas, it's your hack my friend, you are gonna have to be the one to fix it up and figure out what these issues are caused by, unless of course someone might know.

Could SRAM interfere with any of this? I've been saying "here's a new version, just copy the .smc over the old, it'll be fine," but maybe not?

Not the intro, that's hosed. Gonna go through back-ups to find a working version and troubleshoot from there.

And I got files for the Floating Continent to investigate SwdTech and Atma, so yay there.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 03-10-2016

(03-10-2016, 07:18 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Could SRAM interfere with any of this? I've been saying "here's a new version, just copy the .smc over the old, it'll be fine," but maybe not?

This would only be a problem if you made changes that affect or relocate SRAM values between two version.

Okay, I think the glitch with the intro scene with Tritoch is a problem with graphics, somehow. A backup I had played through just fine, and a comparison of the Hex event shows they're identical. The graphics is all I can think of, then. Are spell graphics grouped in a specific place I can compare the two ROMs and see what's changed between them?

EDIT - Can also confirm SwdTech is glitchy, but the Atma Weapon revival didn't happen.