FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 03:24 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: A minor glitch but still one I'm not sure how to resolve. Sprite 69 (in Zone Editor) / 68 (in usME) is my Wrexsoul stand-in (a static sprite; it was Inferno, the Kefka's Tower boss) is now my Wrexsoul stand-in, but I get this.

[Image: Playtesting_00017_zpsxcc48n6w.png]

Also, Gi, on the Umaro front - when I unequip all party members via the guy on the Falcon, it doesn't remove his stuff. And, how goes the magic?

For Umaro's equipment removal you'll have to include him (his character ID of OD) into the 'remove all equipment' event that NPC does, since he was not included into the routine since it's not a factor originally. I probably should have included that with the patch but at that time it did not come to mind. You'll have to do a jump in that routine or move it all together to get room for another or more characters equipment removed.
Check event: CC/3510

And about the magic, what are you asking exactly? Was I supposed to be doing something lol?

As for that NPC, some sprites/poses will require different checks set in the level editor like we talked about, try matching it up to how Inferno was set up in Level Editor. Check map 19A and look at NPC #0's flags and the way he's facing etc., then set up your NPC the same.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-08-2016

I checked a bunch of other NPCs, can't believe I didn't think to check Inferno itself. It's all good now, thanks. Smile

For Umaro's unequipment, here's what I have in the Hex.

[Image: Umaro_zpsp14ekqtx.png]

As for his magic, I thought you were looking at someone's Gogo patch to get Umaro's magic working properly?

Are you just showing me the hex of that event, or did you make any change to it in order to include Umaro and is not working? It still looks the same to me. If so, just showing me the hex is not going to help, you gotta go in and add Umaro to the routine as suggested. Is it that you're not sure how to do this? Check out in the event dump text how they do it, it's simple enough if you can B2 jump to some free space during that routine. For instance interrupt the routine near the end, right before the last character check (CC/3655) with a jump to some free space where you can put back in whatever you had to remove for the jump, and then the new check for Umaro, as well as the branch to the next character if there is any. Then have it return back to previous code with a nice FE byte.

And no sorry, that's not what I intended to do at all, it's a bit over my skill level actually. I could find and post the code he did though if that helps. It would be a great reference if one wanted to have Umaro or someone else (or Gogo of course) able to cast & learn magic properly. I /thought/ he had already posted that code but I'm thinking perhaps not.

I'm currently a bit busy doing some tedious work for a while with my infernal hack and not able to take on something like this I'm afraid =(.

P.S. Glad you got the NPC looking right! - yes be sure to check the actual NPC of the one you wound up using, like I say they are always a bit differently set up, those static ones.

Taken from GrayShadow's code (keep in mind for Gogo, not Umaro):

; Section 2: Teaching Gogo Magic
org $C2558C
CMP #$0D              ; Branches for Umaro and above rather than Gogo and up.

org $C25E5C
CMP #$0D              ; Branches if Umaro, rather than Umaro and/or Gogo

org $C256CC
CMP #$0D              ; Umaro branches to Gogo's former branch (Y = 0),
                     ; and then temporary characters will branch (Y = 2).

org $C25EB2
CMP #$0D              ; Branches if Umaro so that spells aren't learned.

You might try changing these values (C9 0C) to $0E instead of the vanilla range of $0C. This might just sort out his magic menu a bit from that garbage, although there's got to be more to it...like with RAM, in regards to proper spell learning. But I'm curious what all this change will do.

EDIT:

More for Gogo, this time in the menu regarding esper equipping:

; Section 3: Gogo in the Menu
org $C34D6F
CMP #$0D       ; This was originally a check for Gogo to disable
              ; the Espers option in the Skills menu. This increments
              ; by 1 to disable for Umaro instead.

org $C30D3F
CMP #$0D       ; BEQ Umaro, BCS temp character.

org $C350AA
CMP #$0D       ; BEQ Umaro, to build magic list from spells known
              ; by other characters.

Again, changing the values to 0E should give Umaro (and Gogo) access to espers.

Quote:Is it that you're not sure how to do this?

Hi, I don't believe we've met. :p

I'll give it a shot with what you provided, thanks. Sorry to bother you for this stuff, good luck with your project.

Lol, well, I thought we got that far in terms of event editing, but perhaps not. My memory banks are pretty unreliable. But yes be sure and check my previous, previous message I edited it a bit just now to explain what the process entails. But yeah, I have not the time today to go into explaining jumping to another address with the 'B2' command (event editing), it's another lesson, albeit a semi-easy one. If someone else doesn't beat me to it, I'm willing to explain that asap. Or just do this for you at another time soon-ish if you decide not to pursue learning/doing it yourself, get Umaro involved in that routine that is. Maybe I'll just update that patch instead so it does it. It's just changing things in the event code one can't be sure if the person applying the patch has the same free space, or any for that matter.

Well, the Gogo stuff did nothing at all. As for unequipping with the event, that scares the piss out of me because event editing breaks so easily and I'm not getting into that just yet. But I'll see what I can do.

EDIT - Well... guess it's time to learn event editing. And time to get this thread to 60 pages long in about 24 hours.

EDIT x2 - Actually, the original hack maker did some event editing. I'll see if maybe he could help out with this stuff.

(03-08-2016, 05:29 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: EDIT x2 - Actually, the original hack maker did some event editing. I'll see if maybe he could help out with this stuff.

You mean the creator of the original PF6, Quickfix is it?
I thought/heard he has been MIA.

Nope, he's commented on my project's DA page. I dunno if he'll remember how to do event editing after all this time but it's worth a shot.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 05:44 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I thought/heard he has been MIA.

At least he was not KIA or WIA but having zero APM does mean NFA. We need more LTMA hackers with a POA!