FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-06-2016

Oh. I just merged the two screenshots for ease of showing the info here.

Bugfix patch

https://www.mediafire.com/?5ozb439gg0q8x7z

- A glitched encounter formation in the Phantom Train has been fixed.
- A glitch regarding the encounter with the Esper has been fixed.
- The World of Ruin up to Darill's Tomb and Mobliz, Jidoor, Zozo, the Veldt, and the Phoenix Cave, with related quests, has been fixed.
- A minor graphical issue in the Narshe battle classes building has been fixed.
- The Thief Shoe has been added to the Ponyville item shop. Players that sell theirs are able to purchase a new one to properly complete Flash's scenario.
- Some sprites have been changed.
- Some typos have been fixed.

So, Umaro can equip Espers, but nothing else - he's berserk in battle and cannot be equipped. I re-applied the Functional Umaro patch to be sure, and tossed in Equippable Umaro when that didn't do it. Nothing.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Catone - 03-06-2016

I never looked into the details of functional Umaro or removing the auto/berzerk status but I thought you still yad to go back and add the actual battle command list for him after applied.

As for equipping, there are three different lines. One for equipment, one for relics, and another for espers. Each code has a value that when set allows every character that number and below, to equip the relevent thing. In othere words, would need to check each type of "equipping" to be sure what is and is not working in that area.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 03-06-2016

Which functional Umaro patch did you use? The one I made or MasterZed's?
If it's mine you shoulda shoot me a PM, since I'm here all the time and the patch does indeed work, contrary to your experience. Only thing I could think of is, once again, a header issue. Needs to be applied to a headered ROM. In which case if you applied it wrong, you'll need to fix that.

EDIT: The patch is very simple if you want to do the change manually:
C2/0B27 (changes the 0D to FF)
C3/206F (changes the 0D to 0E)

Yours. And yup, it was headered, and I gave him proper commands.

The IPS patch is the latest one, if you wanna take a look at it and see what's wrong.

This time, I don't. I know the patch works and I just tested it and looked at the code. You tested from before recruiting him? Look at your data from the two addresses I listed to see if it's been changed correctly.

EDIT: The patch is very simple if you want to do the change manually:
C2/0B27 (changes the 0D to FF)
C3/206F (changes the 0D to 0E)

These addresses are with a header btw.
C2/0927 and C3/1E6F without.

There we go, the manual changes worked, thanks Laugh

Before that, tried the patch again... and suddenly Umaro's normal attacks (when fought as a boss) were inflicting Zombie and Poison... yeah.

I'm not sure what could possibly be conflicting if that's what's going on, but glad you got it worked out. Smile
Just to be super sure, I'd check addressess C2/0927 and C3/1E6F (with header applied) and see if they are indeed correct still, just to be super sure it wasn't applied to a non-header ROM on accident as it happens even if you're sure.

Huh? But, it's fixed. Doesn't that mean it's correct?

To clarify, I tried the patch again, got the status stuff. Then from an un-patched backup rom, did the manual fix, and that works.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-08-2016

A minor glitch but still one I'm not sure how to resolve. Sprite 69 (in Zone Editor) / 68 (in usME) is my Wrexsoul stand-in (a static sprite; it was Inferno, the Kefka's Tower boss) is now my Wrexsoul stand-in, but I get this.

[Image: Playtesting_00017_zpsxcc48n6w.png]

Also, Gi, on the Umaro front - when I unequip all party members via the guy on the Falcon, it doesn't remove his stuff. And, how goes the magic?