FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 03-02-2016

(03-02-2016, 07:49 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: The issue is the static sprite is sprite 70. It's a single sprite. So the game is trying to load Chupon's side-facing sprite and skips to sprite 71, Owzer.

How do I just make it load the static sprite?

Sprite 70 is the Umaro's Cave boneclub object, so look on that map (11B) how they set it up to be shown correctly, and you will solve this issue.
Needs to be sprite 71, facing north, flag 8.5 set.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 03-02-2016

I meant 77. I'll try the flag thing, though.

Also, previous post.

Hmm sorry, *no idea on that laser bay thing.
You tested it earlier and it worked? Or you just mean other things in general...?
Yes, this is what testing is for my friend, hang in there lol.

What exactly is wrong with the laser bay sprite, the positioning or the color being off?
*If it's the color thing, I actually do remember having the same issue with that very boss a long time ago. It's an issue with how many monsters are there on screen and the palettes they use, something like that. Do you still have the Speck monster involved in that formation? A formation with 4 monsters can only have 3 unique monster palettes going on I believe, or maybe it depends on the molde...? Since I can't remember exactly, I'd say try to mess around with removing a monster from the formation just to test, do some kinda test with it anyway, try to figure out what is the cause of it messing up the palette. All I know is I had to have both the laser cannon and the other one whatever it's called using the same palette, in order to have the speck also be there, and the main boss of course.

Thanks for letting me know about the palette thing. These f**k**g hidden rules are killing me...

As for the Chupon thing, nope, still Owzer. I think there must be an event going on or something, because even when I changed the sprite, it's still Owzer, and looking at the event in an unedited rom show it having one of the Esper sprites there. So, yeah.

I just want to get this stuff all sorted out and call it a night. I was gonna announce the beta release this weekend pending the game up to the World of Ruin working fine. So of course now all this crap comes up in one day as I start making plans for the release...

Well the only event that is going on there should be the normal IAF event, unless you mean something else. Again, if you could post up a pic of that NPC highlighted in the LE showing all it's flags, I'd probably be able to see something off with it.

EDIT: It might just be something in the event code that needs to be changed actually, for it's movement although I'd think since it was used as a static sprite before basically... - I'd really have to see it in-game, like floating by lol. Is it flickering between sprites or just staying a static Owzer? Maybe a video is in order as well as a pic to be sure.

[Image: Chupon_zpsmgrq3j8z.png]

Hmm, wait I thought you changed the Umaro skull/bone club npc to be the new static Chupan?
Edit: oh okay I see your post there about it is 77... this rapid fire q and a can be easy to miss some things lol. One sec then.

No, I mistated the sprite. Sprite 77 is the new Chupon. 77 in the USme, 78 in Zoneeater.

So to be sure and on the same page, you're using the rat esper thing from the magitek factory, correct?
If so yeah that should be okay and it looks from the pic you've got it set up how I'd suggest. Looking here in the event code it seems like it doesn't need any editing there... Without going hands on with this I can't give a for sure answer other than it's going to be some combination of either using sprite 76, 77, or 78, which way it's facing, and what flags are set. You should see your new chupon sprite show up correctly there in the level editor once it's set up right.

These static ones are tricky sometimes because of this, usually looking at an example of it in the LE will give the answer, but in this case it seems it needs to be set up a bit different that it is normally, for some reason I cannot fathom atm. I'd have to do a few trail and errors myself before figuring it out.

Are you offering to have a look yourself, then?

On the upside, the palette trick worked for Air Force. The sprites look like total shit, but then that's true for a lot of the sprites I'm using as placeholders.