FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 02-25-2016

(02-25-2016, 04:53 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Only thing I dislike is how I need to change all the NPC sprites now. It always bugged me how the original FF6 was using the merchant sprite for the soldiers. Apparently because they had to for the full range of movement the Doma soldiers have. :/

Yeah that is a shame. Thankfully Edrin discovered a miracle work-around of sorts for expanding sprite sheets, so that you could expand any sprite sheet to become a full one:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2329&highlight=expand+sprite

It is a bit difficult to understand on a beginner level, but it's well explained and totally worth it.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-25-2016

Ah, wonderful! Thank you. I'll give it a shot now.

Crap. My Hex isn't matching his. The data he's copying for Terra, and my data in the same location, are different.

I've one guess for where mine might be. Fingers crossed.

Well your Terra data would be different since it's a different sprite sheet now. Unless I'm missing something here.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-25-2016

No, I mean, my stuff is totally different. :/

As I said, trying it. I will almost certainly fail though, so feel free to post help suggestions I'll be needing in about five minutes.

EDIT - After an hour's work, at least the sprite is changed, but not to what it should be. Somehow, instead of the new sprite sheet (which I put at F1B300), it's now loading Sprite 69 (the things Odin chops in half), which is at D7DA20... how the heck it could be doing that, dunno. But I'm gonna keep troubleshooting.

EDIT - Got it at last! I'd just messed up the original binary dump of the sprite. Re-dumped it, re-imported, there's my sprite! Laugh

Awesome, good work. I can't help but feel a bit proud for you! Smile

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-26-2016

Okay, an error with AI script, should be easy to fix but I'm not sure how.

This is the Dadaluma fight, in Zozo. Basically I scripted him to talk and run away when he dies. He does so, but the two enemies he calls in don't run with him (that is, no diagonal animation), and then they just vanish.

http://pastebin.com/sUvscVNv

Also, on a creative note - instead of two Iron Fists, he calls in two of the Harvesters. You know, the guys that use Potions on each other and throw daggers? Makes the fight far more difficult than you may think at first.

EDIT - May have found a workaround, will test.

EDIT x2 - Yup. I need to have more faith in myself.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-28-2016

Tried a couple ways to get this but wasn't sure how to do it, so - what's an easy way to put a text box in the start of a battle and have it go one time? I checked other AI scripts but they all seem to use out-of-battle variables.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 02-28-2016

Code:
if var000 has the following bit cleared:0
Call Text
Var000 set bit:0

Putting this at the beginning of the script make the text appear only once. If your monster already use bit 0 of var000 for something else, use another bit or another variable that reset after each fight.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-28-2016

Thanks, worked great. Smile

One more question. The Expanded Town data patch for an expanded rom. There's some stuff already in the F0 bank, and it's there in the unexpanded, unedited Rom, too. Is that just always there? I don't remember if I've done anything in the F0 bank or not.

Barring that, if I can find enough room in another bank, can I apply the patch and move the text space to that bank?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 10:03 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: The Expanded Town data patch for an expanded rom. There's some stuff already in the F0 bank, and it's there in the unexpanded, unedited Rom, too. Is that just always there? I don't remember if I've done anything in the F0 bank or not.

the F0 bank is at offset 0x300000, past normal ROM size. If you have a header, normal size is 0x3001FF. This is the size of the unedited ROM. If you have something else, you ROM has been altered.

(02-28-2016, 10:03 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Barring that, if I can find enough room in another bank, can I apply the patch and move the text space to that bank?

Yes, but the changes need to be done manually. You could apply the FF3usME patch to a clean ROM, create an IPS patch, apply that patch to get a report and cross-reference the report with the disassembly (excluding data move in F0 if any). Regardless, you'll have to do a few ASM edit, at best a few bank number change. It's a good novide ASM task.