FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-21-2016

Thank you for going through the effort for me. I'll try playing with some of those scripts and see what results I can get.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 09:29 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Thank you for going through the effort for me. I'll try playing with some of those scripts and see what results I can get.

No problem. When it's something that takes up 10 minutes of my time I don't mind doing it in last resort.

So far having no success. I've replaced various bits of code with 1F, to various effect. Alexander's sprite moves a bit, parts of the attack animation vanish, the animation timing is thrown off. But that damn viser has not budged. :/ Gonna keep trying, but yeah.

EDIT - As I say that, progress!

Quote:D0/4FC2: CD FF set bg1 animation palette color addition to 31 (white)

Putting 1F in for CD gets rid of the beam and the visor. So that helps point me in the right spot.

EDIT - Okay, given the amount of time spent trying to do this (reaching 90 minutes, for those keeping score at home), I've decided... the beam can go. I don't mind not having the beam. So, the visor is gone and so is the beam. Getting rid of the former is much more important than getting rid of the latter.

Also on a positive note, I've noticed doing this that my new Alexander sprite loads okay. So that's good.

[Image: Demo%20Test_00012_zpsyzqxzrk7.png]

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 10:27 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: [Image: Demo%20Test_00012_zpsyzqxzrk7.png]

Good job! : )

Also, can't remember which one, but one effect got rid of the white glow but kept the flames. So the beam swept and blue flames blasted up, and that was it. Actually thought maybe I'd keep that.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-23-2016

Okay, enemy sprites are all imported! I have to spend tomorrow adjusting the molds and renaming them, but come Wednesday... it's play time, honey! Laugh

And now I pray to God that any glitches I find are easily fixed and nothing game-breaking occurs...

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 02-23-2016

(02-23-2016, 12:40 AM)DrakeyC Wrote: And now I pray to God that any glitches I find are easily fixed and nothing game-breaking occurs...

I hope too. This is a good test for the modified FF3SE, I never had any comment about it or someone to test it fully, i.e. more than just a few sprites.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-23-2016

One last thing - setting up the encounter with my bonus boss.

The trigger I was is that, once the Warring Triad is defeated, talking to Gestahl's portrait triggers the fight.

I know ZoneEditor is unreliable, so which event editor would be best for this?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 02-23-2016

Zonedoctor is actually the only editor currently capable of event editing. Besides this, I'm afraid the only way is the good old fashioned way of hex editor and event dump document.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Lockirby2 - 02-23-2016

Directly editing the hex is my event "editor" of choice. There's a tutorial for that around somewhere on this site.