FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 02-17-2016

You can assemble the code mentioned in first link with an assembler such as ASAR or xkas. You just need to put the code in a text file and give it an .asm extension.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-17-2016

Well, a notice - your "ASAR" link on the Hacking External Links page is a download for Xkas.

That aside, okay, got my .ams file, put it in the folder. No clue what to do now. Ran the .exe and nothing

EDIT - .asm did nothing, either.

I'll grab Asar and try it.

EDIT - Found Asar was already in my Downloads... and from there I feel intensely stupid. Because the folder has a .asm named "Spells" in it, along with a Rom from January.

I'm guessing I did this once before, then lost it during one of my glitches that made me go to a backup, and forgot I had done it.

Thank you, again. I am such a derp.

xkas is a command line utility.

Crapola, it just occurred to me...

With the sprites glitching due to the expanded sprite patch, how do I choose a properly sized mold for my new enemy sprites I'll be doing?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Catone - 02-17-2016

So you got the code assymbled and installed?

Which expanded sprite patch and which sprites are glitching? Didn't know there was one that effected monster sprites and molds.

As for which molds, all depends on what sort of formation they are going to be used in. Monsters are drawn on a 128x128 square grid. So if you wanted two monsters side by side they couldn't be bigger than 64 wide. (64+64=128=good , 96+64=160=fail) Also if the monsters are going to be used while MagiTek is worn, they have to fit on a 96x128 grid (96 wide by 128 tall), because magitek uses the right 32x128 stip of the grid.

Sorry if I'm completely misunderstanding that. I'm about to fall out just typing this...

Yeah, the weapon stuff is fine.

For the monster expansion, it was something to make more room for custom sprites, I don't have a link handy but I remember it needed a modified SE to use, too. It worked, but in US now the sprites are glitched, so when I start replacing them, dunno how I'm gonna assign them molds without able to see how big they are accurately. Your grid talk confuses me, though. Don't some enemy sprites in FF6 overlap with no problem?

As for falling out, sorry if I said something stupid.

(02-17-2016, 11:05 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: It worked, but in US now the sprites are glitched, so when I start replacing them, dunno how I'm gonna assign them molds without able to see how big they are accurately.

If the monsters are glitched before starting replacing them, it's probably something you did wrong when moving the data manually rather than a mold problem. Otherwise, a 64x64 monster cannot fit in a mold smaller than 64x64 but could fit in the 128x128 mold. Same is true for width and height taken separately (e.g. 32x48 cannot fit in 32x32 but 32x32 can fit in 32x48). Sizes can be smaller than the actual mold, meaning than a 24x24 will use the 32x32 mold or bigger but optimized one will be 32x32.

(02-17-2016, 11:05 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Don't some enemy sprites in FF6 overlap with no problem?

This never happens.

I didn't do anything to the data, it was installed for me. Anyway, I was told that just happens with how this patch works. The sprites show up fine in SE and in-game, it's just US that doesn't like them.

As for overlapping enemies, it happens all the time, I thought. Chadarnook, Vectaur, bosses with parts.

Here it is - https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1221&highlight=expanded+monster

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 02-18-2016

(02-17-2016, 11:20 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: The sprites show up fine in SE and in-game, it's just US that doesn't like them.

FF3usME has hard coded pointers for graphics this is normal but you can still edit formations even if it looks like garbage.

(02-17-2016, 11:20 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: As for overlapping enemies, it happens all the time, I thought. Chadarnook, Vectaur, bosses with parts.

It depends of your definition of "overlapping". Chadarnook is a sprite switch on the same mold, no? Bosses with parts use separate molds that are not overlapping I think. I could be mistaken but I don't think there are examples of formation in vanilla game where molds are overlapping, though I could be mistaken. It cost nothing of trying.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - dn - 02-18-2016

I'd imagine attempts at overlapping sprites would cause flickering or even garbage.