FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Tenkarider - 02-13-2016

I'll copy-paste what i wrote in shoutbox: (should had to read the thread before, but the first thing i do when i log in is to read all shouts i still have to read)

there's a problem in your script: red flash animation triggers when var 36 is greater or equal to 4, his death when greater or equal to 5... red flash must happen ONLY when it's equal or his death will never be triggered

and since i believe there's no only-equal value check you must put 2 conditions: >= 4 and < 5

PS. the AI script is read from top to bottom so the conditions above will always be checked before the others below, that's why in the current state red flash will always be triggered before his death can be checked.

If your game has ignore defense attacks there's a big risk that those defense boosts won't change really much the difficulty, but you'll probably make the player toss away the attacks that won't pierce defence. editing AI is the better way to change difficulty, and maybe some tweak to parameters.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 02-13-2016

There are defense-ignoring attacks, but they're limited to special abilities like Blitz, Tools, SwdTech, and some spells.

As for the AI, thanks. I'll move it around and see how it works. Though what you say doesn't make a lot of sense, it seems a lot of monsters have their death scripts at the bottom and use the same variables I do, and they work fine.

EDIT - Found the problem, the red flash doesn't like me - I changed the animation to the Kefka head and it all worked fine. Ah well, I'll just have him glow yellow some more.

Quote:As for the AI, thanks. I'll move it around and see how it works. Though what you say doesn't make a lot of sense, it seems a lot of monsters have their death scripts at the bottom and use the same variables I do, and they work fine.

You have 3 death scripts in the AI, which follows this order:
1) yellow flash
2) red flash
3) death
if both 2) and 3) conditions are met, the script will choose 2) because it's placed above 3)

Yeah, I just ditched the red glow for the screen shaking. Only issue now is finding out how to blank out the Kefka head sprite (which I'd need to do for Kefka himself anyway)

Speaking of Kefka, I tried to set it so that once and only once, he recovers to full HP on death. Will what I've done work for that?

Quote:FC 12 00 00 ; If following monster is/are dead:
FA 0D 01 00 ; Background gets darker, sounds like boss dying
F5 11 01 FF ; Monsters #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 are killed, disintegrates, background may corrupt, screen goes black (final Kefka's death)
FE ; End If and reset targeting
FC 12 00 00 ; If following monster is/are dead:
FC 0C 21 01 ; If variable VAR033 is less than to 1
F5 00 00 01 ; Monsters #1 , if hidden/dead, brought in with their HP restored, suddently
F8 21 81 ; 1 added to VAR033
FE ; End If and reset targeting

No, that won't happen because his death is placed above the code that revives him once... swap their positions.
On a side note i suggest you to use only vars 0-3 and var 36, many of the others store precious data and basically it's a minefield if you don't know very well what you're doing.

I saw some scripts used 33 and used that, is that one okay to use?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 02-13-2016

You should stick with VAR 000-003 as he recommended, if possible. Remember you can set 7 bits for each variable, and I doubt any boss would need more than 28 different variable changes.
This thread you might find useful:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2778&highlight=variable

P.S. I was able to knock out the head from the shaking screen, it is possible to do it by editing that animation script that you said is impossible. But I'll let you try to get it yourself first this time I think as a good practice. Here's a nice hint though: try to substitute the bytes leading up to what seems like the main command for the head to appear and screen shake (the 80 89 01) with some other byte that basically does nothing important for the animation code (1F). It's not the most authentic way of removing it, but the head does not show on screen and the shaking still happens.

Sometimes you should try and try before quickly dismissing something as "impossible". Smile

Just tell me what you did, plz.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 02-13-2016

I did.

So replacing 80 with F1 makes the screenshake but the head isn't there?