FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 01-29-2016

(01-28-2016, 04:04 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Ah yes, I forgot about the Guardian. Goodie.

Item work is done.

I'm going to spend the rest of the evening and Friday doing some sprite work, and then it's on to abilities and spells, starting with that backlog of Hex stuff to figure out. Smile

Also, a fine work of trolling - I replaced the Gem Box with a Tonic. The actual dungeon treasure now drops from MagiMaster. But imagine the fury of players when they open that chest... Laugh

Good news, Gau worked perfect! Laugh

Bad news, something happened with Terra's sprite. I was importing NPCs and stuff earlier, but pointedly kept double-checking to make sure the party sprites were okay. And they were, their palettes are unchanged. But in-game, well...

[Image: 2VBHQYSAvDCW]

And here's her palette - she looks fine on the field.

[Image: 2VBHwiHI3SeC]

Does she look like that on a new game as well?

Hmmmmmmmmm I'm not sure what to think yet, someone with spriting experience might probably know right away.
Have you been using some other program to re-color it before importing it? Somehow the colors are mixed up, I dunno.
I'm mostly writing this to help bump the thread for you since it doesn't show as new.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 01-29-2016

Yup, looks like that on a new game too. I've been using Paint, but I've been doing that all week and this hasn't happened yet. She's also the only character glitched, and when she Trances she looks fine.

Also, on Runic.

Quote:2) Sure, you'll need to check out the Runic Function in the C2 Dissasembly, specifically these lines:

C2/357E: A9 82 21 LDA #$2182
C2/3581: 8D A3 11 STA $11A3 (Set concern MP, not reflectable, Unblockable, Heal)

$11A3 is a set of flags for various effects, such as targeting MP, healing, and unblockable.
You need to clear the flag that targets MP. HP will be targeted instead. If HP isn't targeted, MP is, and vice versa.

In other words, you need to edit the byte that deals with those flags. (the A3 in that STA)
Looking at other examples in the Dissasembly, STA $11A2 seems like a good candidate to try instead.

I found the values you said in the positions you gave. What do I do the A3 value, though? I tried both FF and A2, and there Runic now causes Celes to take HP damage equal to the spell's MP cost.

I remember Poco Loco being adamant about using the 'relm editor', or ff3usme I suppose is fine to color the characters or something bad could happen - this might be that. I'm not exactly sure though like I say. Outside coloring programs seem to scramble the colors on the sprite when imported, contrary to what ff3usme shows...due to the new sprite format I think...something like that. As for correcting it, hopefully you have a working version of it that you can export/import back, if not I think it might have to be recolored manually.

As for Runic, damn. FF there is no reason to put, but I thought STA $11A2 would do it. I'll have to look into it more, I did it back in 2010 lol.

Okay. I do have a backup, I'll go back to it.

On the "changing field palettes" front, I went to the addresses in this doc, and it's not the data it says it should be.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/co0rb1i20hk2721/palette_locs.txt

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Badass - 01-29-2016

For the palette loc document... its the right spot but not exact location.  You gotta scroll to the right a bit and you will find the sprite number n palette assigned.   I remember I was having trouble with banon's.  

As for the sprite,  sometimes it can get jumbled around if you are exporting and importing from different programs.  It will 100% switch the palette order by using ms paint/paintshop etc, thus making it impossible to share palettes.   The way I sprite is by using FFSE atma one for spriting.. and ffusme for copying and pasting tiles that can be mirrored.  Keep in mind that exporting a sprite that doesn't have a riding image to a "new sprite sheet format with ffusme can also make it look funny.

So why does it look fine in the editor but not in-game? I've used Paint to edit sprites including this one all week, and this is the first time any glitch like this has happened. In fact, at one point I specifically given advice on how to edit in Paint and maintain the palette on import.

Quote:You gotta scroll to the right a bit

I can't scroll right on the doc or the hex editor.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Badass - 01-29-2016

I mean press the ->  arrow key (in winhex) a few times to scroll.  Would help if you will send a screen shot of what you are looking at.

Ah, the problem was the header. Found it.

(01-29-2016, 08:36 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Also, on Runic.

Quote:2) Sure, you'll need to check out the Runic Function in the C2 Dissasembly, specifically these lines:

C2/357E: A9 82 21 LDA #$2182
C2/3581: 8D A3 11 STA $11A3 (Set concern MP, not reflectable, Unblockable, Heal)

$11A3 is a set of flags for various effects, such as targeting MP, healing, and unblockable.
You need to clear the flag that targets MP. HP will be targeted instead. If HP isn't targeted, MP is, and vice versa.

In other words, you need to edit the byte that deals with those flags. (the A3 in that STA)
Looking at other examples in the Dissasembly, STA $11A2 seems like a good candidate to try instead.

I found the values you said in the positions you gave. What do I do the A3 value, though? I tried both FF and A2, and there Runic now causes Celes to take HP damage equal to the spell's MP cost.

Looking at my game here, I think actually leave the STA $11A3 alone, but try changing that LDA #$2182 to #$2101 instead (A9 01 21).

Okay, I changed Banon's palette in Hex to 06 instead of 03. In the editor it still loads his field palette as 03. Is it just that in-game it will now load 06 instead of 03, ie just edit him on 06 and it'll be fine?