FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 09-18-2017

You can edit it with yy-chr actually (3BPP SNES format), it's at offset 146350 among the misc. spell animations. There's 3-4 parts to it I think, the top of the hilt, main part of hilt, blade, and tip of the blade.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-19-2017

Okey dokey. I asked Rydel, guess we'll see.

Any thoughts on the Desperation Attack stuff, namely making them happen more frequently? The chances are 1/16 or 6.25%, just doubling them sounds fine to me.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 09-26-2017

(07-30-2017, 08:25 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: True on Stare, but I could already do that, give her Shock and then make Shock into Stare to inflict Stop or Confuse, etc. The problem is it would make her, pardon the pun, a one-trick pony. "Is this enemy vulnerable to Stare? Welp, guess Fluttershy's just gonna be a beatstick for this fight."

About that, you're right. After some thoughts on the matter, a simple swapping of Party for Throw would work. Throw fits Pinkie Pie while Party would fit Fluttershy. I recall Pinkie Pie throwing cupcakes in one episode, and she has a canon where she shot stuff out of it. The command Dance is a mixture of Animals and Geomancy from Final Fantasy V. You could make the Party command into an Animal command which includes animals only spells within the set; Harvester, Antlion, Cokatrice, Wombat, Kitty, Tapir, Whump, Wild Bear, Pois. Frog, and Ice Rabbit. Other optional animals includes Chocobobop, Takedown, Wild Fang, and Lagomorph. The rest of the Dance abilities could be turned into enemy spells or Emulate exclusive spells.

I prefer this instead of the Animal command. Take the vanilla Dance command and rename it to Nature. Fluttershy getting help from Mother Nature (elements and animals) makes sense for her character. And for the Dances names, simply go for; Grassland, Forest, Desert, Town, Mountain, Underwater, Cave, and Snowfield. As for Stare, the Specter ability could easily be made into her Stare ability with a rename and changing it to inflict Stop instead of Confuse. The only thing left would be to make Shadow/Fluttershy the new dance learner instead of Mog/Pinkie Pie, because I'm pretty sure the Dance command is tied to Mog's actor ID. Gogo can't learn new dances.

Dragon/Vanish -> Runic causes the user a visual bug when these spells are absorbed. Both spells should not be runicable.
BT -> Bit: You can use # and turn it into "it". # only appears within the shop menu if I am not mistaken.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-27-2017

Mmm, I'd be more inclined to keep Dance/Throw as they are. Throw doesn't really any of the cast, but much like Slots, someone has to have it. That said I think the Party stuff works for Pinkie as-is with the elemental dances. While I do get the concept of the Nature command and it's not a bad idea, the attack animal stuff would be limited to just the spells you listed, most of which are defensive in some manner. There's approx a dozen animal commands, to be split up among eight Nature abilities with 3 or 4 different ones each. It'd be a very shallow movepool is all.

Though that being said, I could it working as a hypothetical command like Magitek, where Fluttershy has eight different attacks, one for each terrain. But that'd probably be way too difficult to code.

Check on the other stuff, I'll look into the Bit naming.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 09-30-2017

I think that the Slot command fits Rainbow Dash than any other ponies in the roster. She being a risk taker and all. If your talking about ponifying the abilities, than that's another story altogether.

*Lagomorph: Can be turned into her pet turtle/tortoise Tank. Regardless, Lagomorph is a rabbit, and they are know for their speed and Rainbow Dash is one of the fastest fliers in Equestria. More or less, changing the name and sprite doesn't really matter since it fits.
*Prism Rain: A prism can create rainbow colors. Even the vanilla name fits here. No need to change this one.
*Chocobop: More or less fit, I take it as a "nod" to the Final Fantasy series (something like that). I wonder if it would be possible to change the Chocobos into Black Chocobos instead, since they are know fliers compare to the other colors variants. If willing to ponify this, changing the Chocobo sprite into a generic member of the Wonderbolt who flies in groups of twos to hit all targets. I believe this would also affect the world map Chocobos sprite too, but renaming the Chocobo Stables to Wonderbolt Outposts where they fly (more like hover slightly above ground due to the extra weight they carry, and not able to traverse across the bodies of water due to fear of being dragged into the water) the party across the land. As far as story is concern, Spitfire left Rainbow Dash in charge of the trainees, but after the fleet was destroyed, she and the trainees created the Wonderbolt Outposts to fly ponies across the land. Regardless, the only thing that I do not like is the vanilla name; "Chocobop" should be renamed to simply "Chocobo" or maybe "Kweh Kweh".
*Dive Bomb: An airstrike, it fits. Could change the Blackjack into a generic Wonderbolt.
*Spike: I never got this combination, so I can't verify what happens. Firefly esper instead of Spike would fit better since Rainbow Dash was base on this G1 pony.
*Random esper: Gamble ability, can see Rainbow Dash taking a risk to get out of a situation.
*Joker Doom: Another combination that I never got, but if its the same as the vanilla... than it is the same as the previous ability. Except that this time, its all or nothing.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-30-2017

Funny you mention Spike, in the upcoming 2.0 it's a new ability, "Orbital FC." Rainbow laser shots rain down on enemies, hitting all enemies with a spell power of 79 and ignoring defense and split damage.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 10-22-2017

Notice quite a few things in version 2.0. Since My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic uses puns, a list of puns is documented on the mlpwikia. Others are inconsistencies or from the old vanilla FFVI.

1 - Wounded -> KO (main menu)
2 - Near Fatal (battle)/Near-fatal (classroom) -> Near KO: It was Wounded (battle) in vanilla, but renamed to Knock Out (Filly Fantasy VI).
3 - Imp status icon (main menu) -> Dragon status icon
4 - Whistler is flying backwards during the Sealed Gate sequence.
5 - Item Shop -> Weapon Shop: Canterlot's shop sells Weapons (Flash Sentry's command) which are sold in an Item Shop. They are sold in South Figaro in the Weapon Shop. Canterlot has two Item Shop, it should be one Item Shop and one Weapon Shop.
6 - Healing -> White; Attack -> Black; Effect -> Gray under the Config menu - Holy doesn't healing.
7 - BT to Bit (battle result/shop menu)

Location names;

1 - Serpent Trench -> Kelpie Trench
2 - Opera House -> Bridleway Theater or Carneighie Hall (My Little Pony comic book location)
3 - Cave In The Veldt -> Gelding Grotto (My Little Pony comic book location)

Enemies that have no name;

1 - All three of Sparkler's appearances.
2 - All nine enemies of Discord's gauntlet. I view them to be aspects of Discord; Insanity (Short Arm), Mayhem (Long Arm), Strife (Face), Madness (Tiger), Havoc (Tools), Imbalance (Magic), Crazy (Hit), Chaos (Girl), and Disorder (Sleep).

Miscellaneous;

1 - Swine -> Mule (Narshe)
2 - Grandson -> Grandfoal (South Figaro)
3 - Meoooow -> Meoooow!: It doesn't have a punctuation.
4 - "fairy tale" -> "old ponies' tale" (Griffonstone - 3 times)
5 - Olde Ponish -> there are two dialogs that mention ancient text. Could mention they are written in Olde Ponish for extra pony lore.
6 - "Hey, losers! Remember me? I owe ya one for screwing up my mission with Zecora!" -> "Gilda: Hey, losers! Remember me? I owe ya one for screwing up my mission with Zecora!"
7 - "Yea!! We're back!" -> "Yeah!!" (Rainbow Falls Village)

Everyone to Everypony;

1 - "Come on, everybody!" (Cadie's line)
2 - "Fancy: Everyone's worried about the Esper." (Neighshe)
3 - "Soldier: The enemy! Get ready, everyone!" (Imperial Camp)
4 - "Discord poisoned_everyone_" (Neighshe)
5 - "Everyone here?" (Griffonstone)
6 - "Everyone does." (Opera House)
7 - "Everyone's gone_" (Cadie's line)
8 - "They keep petrifying everyone who goes in to help." (Vanhoover)
9 - "Now I know they're all alive! We need to find everyone!" (Vanhoover x 2)
10 - "We thought everyone was gone_" (Vanhoover)
11 - "Everyone here calls" (Starlight Village)
12 - "The light took everyone_" (Starlight Village)
13 - "but now everyone has locked their doors and fled" (Fillydelphia)
14 - "Good, everyone's here!" (Dreamscape)
15 - "Everyone's askin' 'bout that!" (Crazy Stallion's House)
16 - "Everyone's calling me." (Ending)

Walk to Trot;

1 - "I can barely walk." (Cadie - South Figaro)
2 - "& Ere I walk away," (Opera House)
3 - "I went out for a walk" (Night Light)
4 - "walk past me like this_" (Imperial Palace - Talk to imperial soldiers)

Run to Gallop;

1 - "Can't run" (attempt to escape from bosses)
2 - RUN!!! (Commander defeated in Fort Appleloosa)
3 - "With them runnin' scared" (Fort Appleloosa)
4 - "come on out and don't run this time!" (Imperial Camp)
5 - "We can't run off!" (Luna - Imperial Camp)
6 - "Ah can't run!" (AJ)
7 - "run and live to fight another day." (Luna - Imperial Camp)
8 - "There's nowhere to run!" (Ghost - Phantom Train)
9 - "Run" (Luna's scenario - Fluttershy recruitment)
10 - "Pincer attacks prevent running and increase damage taken." (Classroom)
11 - "Nowhere to run_" (Ghost - Phantom Train)
12 - "she'd turn and run before she gets hurt" (Trixie - Phantom Train)
13 - "pegasus running with a herd of beasts" (Starlight Village)
14 - "I'm not gonna run!" (Scoots - Narshe battle)
15 - "You can run but you can't hide!" (Discord)
16 - "If I were you and I met it, I'd run away" (Crystal Empire)
17 - "Run! NOW!" (Floating Island)
18 - "Help!!! Run!!!" (Starlight Village)
19 - "After I kept running away?" (Colosseum)
20 - "No more running!" (Colosseum)
21 - "Some pegasus is out there running with the monsters_" (Cave In The Veldt)
22 - "I turned and started to run." (Crazy Stallion's House)
23 - "I'm not going to run." (Fluttershy Ending)
24 - "Run from some battles by pressing (and holding) both the L and R Buttons." (Classroom)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 10-23-2017

Eh, I don't think so on the puns. The show does use a lot of pony puns, some rather painful, but words like walk, run, and everbody/everyone are still used coloqually. But the misc stuff sounds good, and I'll have a look at the other stuff.

Okay, I haven't had to do text editing in hex in a while so I'm not sure - which table file do I load to be able to see the menu text, so I can change stuff like the Config menu's entries for magic names and so forth?

And an unrelated question - the end credit names for the cast, like "Sabin Rene Figaro," is it possible to edit those in hex like normal text, or is in a type of compressed graphic?

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - madsiur - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 01:46 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: Okay, I haven't had to do text editing in hex in a while so I'm not sure - which table file do I load to be able to see the menu text, so I can change stuff like the Config menu's entries for magic names and so forth?

This would be the regular table. I also have tables made by either Novalia Spririt or Lord J labeled as "menu_a", "menu_b" and "menu_c". For battle menu it would be the battle table. Best bet is go to the offset of the text and try them.

(10-23-2017, 01:46 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: And an unrelated question - the end credit names for the cast, like "Sabin Rene Figaro," is it possible to edit those in hex like normal text, or is in a type of compressed graphic?

See the FF3us Ending Names document here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php?id=ff3:ff3us:doc:game

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 10-23-2017

Well, I think I found the offset, but none of those table files seem to produce text I recognize and can edit.

http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VI:ROM_map/Assembly_C33#C3.2F3FFD_setting_magic_order

Check on credit names, thanks. I'll pass though, would need to move around data and redirect pointers to accomodate the longer pony names and I've bad experience trying that from the Blitz stuff. Works as-is though, "Twily as Terra Branford" in the sense that Twilight plays Terra in the hack.