FF6 Hacking
Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Pony Fantasy VI Remake (/thread-3106.html)

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 08-02-2017

I keep forgetting to write this every time I post in this tread, Anyways I don't know why Ted Woosley translated Sleep to Psyche since psyche is a Greek term for soul or spirit. Psyche -> Sleep because its obvious that it's Sleep with those z's. Zephyr Cape calls the status Sleep, in-battle it is called Psyche, and in the Classroom in Narshe, refers to it as Psyche. To keep things consistently with each other.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 08-02-2017

Oh, is that what Pysche is? I honestly never realized it was Sleep. Thanks.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 09-03-2017

Scan - I recall using Scan a total of three times on bosses and I couldn't scan them. The Frozen Sparkler and the Founders are the ones I used it on. I don't know if all bosses if not all are non-scanable like the vanilla version of FFVI. More, if not nearly all bosses should be scanable, but some bosses like the superboss Sombra and the Final Boss Discord should not be scanable. The spell is already limited in used, might want to make it less limited.

Fix Ponyville's shortcut that is found in between the cider man's house and café/inn in both the World of Balance and World of Ruin. This is where the river runs through. This allows the player to skip some of Flash's scenario.

Air Blade -> Moonsickle/Lunate: I got this from wiktionary, to moonify Luna's abilities.

There's quite a few in-battle text box that are unused in vanilla FFVI, such as the eight dragons, etc. You could use these to make enemy boss(es) talk at the beginning and the end of battle (upon being defeated). This is to bring life to these opponents, such as Robo Gilda whom the party fought twice previously as simply Gilda.

Dischord -> Prism Glow or something else: The effect looks all rainbowy, so I went with Prism Glow. The reason I'm suggesting the change is due to resembling the name of the enemy/character Discord and the status Discorded. When I learn this ability, I thought I would be able to zombify targets with it. Yeah, I know the vanilla ability is named Dischord, but there's no Discord and Discorded to provide said similarities in name between them.

Moonlight -> Sunlight: The palette looks more like sunlight than moonlight, and the moon stuff is already present in Luna's Alicorn abilities. The palette for this ability is yellowish and golden, more fitting for sunlight.

Lore -> Gem: Since Rarity's cutie mark is gems, it fits better than Lore. As far as story is concern, simply add that 24 of her most precious gemstones became magical and she can seal/record/capture "special" magic into special/ancient gemstones and reused the captured magic as she wants. Anyways, there's lots of opportunity for explaining, or expanding Rarity's gemstones origin/or her story. Such as after Discord's raid on Rainbow Falls, the "Gungho" event (forgot the pony name). The Ebot's Rock/Thamasa/Gungho event in the World of Ruin.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-04-2017

Yup, most bosses are Scan-able, with only the stronger ones and bonus bosses being immune.

I actually don't mind that hidden shortcut, and it doesn't ruin too much with Flash.

Oooo, Moonsickle sounds nice.

I do add a couple more in-battle dialogues in the next update.

I presume you mean Moonbeam? If so nah, I like the moon theme, Moon = Holy in this hack and that works for that move.

Dischord is removed in the next update anyway.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 09-10-2017

Sabre Soul & Star Prism: Would it be possible to make it deal damage like the other desperation attacks instead of inflicting instant death. Since the desperation attacks are rare to use, you might want to make them worth while by dealing damage instead of inflicting instant death which many enemies/all bosses are immune to. A space between the two words would be nice; SabreSoul to Sabre Soul.

The Frozen status effect is blank within battle when under it.

Restoring the Gerad and Sabin dummied out line. A patch was created by Leet Sketcher. You might want to check it out.

Another patch by Leet Sketcher which displays Blitz's ability names on the menu. The patch is named "Blitz Screen", I don't know how much you modified your rom, so I'm wondering if its compatible with your mod.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-10-2017

Yup, that'd be easy for the Limit Breaks, they're just like normal Spells.

That would hypothetically be an easy fix, but I'm not sure which blank status slot is Frozen. I can find it by trial and error though so yeah, shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure either but I'll look into it, thanks.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Fenrir - 09-10-2017

The Final Fantasy wikia has all the status listed, so the Frozen status is right after Life 3 in the FF3 Multi Editor.

Magiburst is Runicable, and yet it yields 0 MP. The player should be able to absorb 20 MP since all other enemy spells cost 20 MP.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-12-2017

I'm more of the mind it shouldn't be Runic-able.

So, I'm doing some redesigning to the Desperation Attacks to make usage of them actually interesting and desirable (some will be changed to really good healing or buffing spells). I figured out from another old Desperation Attack thread how to increase their likelihood, now what I want to do is remove the time limit on how long the battle has to go before they can be used. How would I go about that?

Code:
C2/15C8: C0 08        CPY #$08
C2/15CA: B0 44        BCS $1610   (No DA if monster)
C2/15CC: AD 3F 3A     LDA $3A3F
C2/15CF: C9 03        CMP #$03    
C2/15D1: 90 3D        BCC $1610   (No DA if time counter is 767 or less)
C2/15D3: B9 E5 3E     LDA $3EE5,Y
C2/15D6: 89 02        BIT #$02
C2/15D8: F0 36        BEQ $1610   (No DA If not Near Fatal)

EDIT - Also, it seems some of them have their targeting hardcoded? Changing the targets in usME to target entire enemy parties doesn't work, they hit single targets still.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - Gi Nattak - 09-13-2017

90 3D BCC $1610 (No DA if time counter is 767 or less)

EA EA this should do it is all, it would then skip/remove that check for the time counter.

RE: Pony Fantasy VI Remake - DrakeyC - 09-13-2017

Yup, thanks. Any guesses on the targeting?