FF6 Hacking
X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Vector, Imperial Capital (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-58.html)
+---- Forum: Polls (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-61.html)
+---- Thread: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? (/thread-3070.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - Gi Nattak - 12-23-2015

In the cheerful spirit of Christmas, I thought of a fitting poll:
Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about, and why?

RE: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - Catone - 12-23-2015

I still say, Galuf went out like a boss going hulk on ExDeath so bad it made him wet his pants and run.

Tidus? Yeah the end was sad but technically he was already dead, just a dream if I remember correctly, same with Aaron wasn't it?

Leo's death was hard to watch, wouldn't have been, but the whole bowing down to the fake Ghestal and getting stabbed in the back. If not for that it wouldn't have been so bad, but he died on his knees instead of going down fighting for something like his character deserved.

Rachel's actual death was kinda sad, the event was anyway. There really wasn't enough behind it to get attached, enough backstory to make it sad but not really attached.

Aerith, sad because they made it sad. Sit and watch her get run through, being taunted, then the funeral afterwards. Eh, the sadness was played out in the game but short lived for myself. Maybe if the boss fight afterwards wasn't there for some vengence to soften the blow.

Zack's death in Before Crisis... that hurt. Maybe because you have to play through the whole thing. You already know how it's going to end yet you still don't want to give up. Sad even though he's kicking ass till the end.

RE: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - Tenkarider - 12-23-2015

Zack without a doubt.

RE: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - Rjenyawd - 12-23-2015

Wooooooah Spoilers! Aerith.......dies?!?!

...j/k. MERRY CHRISTMAS! lol. Can I do a 'resurrection' poll for Easter? ^_^

RE: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - CrumpledMedal - 12-23-2015

I am going off topic, Edge's parents in a boss fight in FFIV. Edge and party are fighting them and then they come to their senses and tell Edge they can no longer live as they were turned into monsters by Dr. Lugae, that's kind of sad. That's the hardest fight emotionally in the game for me. Aeris' death in FF7 is pretty tough too, because its the most graphic FF death up to that point, most of them were pixalated, this one is an FMV. Seeing her get impaled on Sephiroth's katana, is very emotional.

RE: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - Turbotastic - 12-23-2015

I agree that as far as NPC's deaths go, King and Queen Eblan's deaths were especially cruel. It's funny because between the translation and my inability to understand the details when I was a kid, I thought that they could have been saved if they had been taken to the Land of Monsters, since I had assumed that it was only in the Land of Monsters that monsters could be peaceful and not go crazy and attack people (which is also why Leviathan attacked the boat...the overworld air made him do it!). I wanted to make an alternate version where his were magically transported there by an NPC, then they would lend their power to Rydia as summons. They would never be able to return home, of course, but they would at least be alive (and since I shipped Rydia/Edge hard this would give him a reason to go back there with her).

Back to the topic at hand, as far as playable character deaths go, Galuf's hit me the hardest because of not only how long he was in the party, but because of how he went down. 0 HP and still standing, he REFUSES to die...until he does. Plus, even though he dies, the skills he develops still live on.

Aeris death would have been a lot more impactful if the storyline of Final Fantasy VII had made more sense. That moment was the instance where one of the most mysterious characters kills the other mysterious character leaving a cast of knuckleheads who are already trying to figure out one mystery. Part of the reason why I'm interested in the remake, despite FFVII being my least favorite Final Fantasy is that I could be clear on exactly is going on from an in-game perspective and not having to consult supplementary material to make sense of the game.
(12-23-2015, 03:46 PM)catone Wrote: Tidus? Yeah the end was sad but technically he was already dead, just a dream if I remember correctly, same with Aaron wasn't it?

Tidus was a physical dream, but he wasn't dead/unsent. He was very much alive and his own person, which is what made the ending of the cycle so poignant. If only FFX had touched more on the ethics of ending the cycle beyond the impact to Spira and questioned whether destroying the lives of summoned people because the summoner got out of control was right, but instead it took a very "Save Yuna, Save the World" approach.

Auron was dead all along, though.

RE: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - Cecil188 - 12-23-2015

Probably Galuf, because with the job system and how it worked, I thought, "they can't kill him off, a replacement party member won't have the AP to be useful!" Then, when Krile inherits all of Galuf's skills, everything that had just happened in the previous cutscene hit like a truck.

RE: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - Landmine36 - 12-23-2015

general leo for sure. he was a general and was betrayed by his own people, rather than by someone he was fighting all along, that's pretty sad when your allies kill you.

RE: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - Kugawattan - 12-23-2015

I'm so heartless, out of all those I only midly care for Galuf lol

Though I find somewhat hard to watch Madeline's death, she's just trying to save her child but Gestahl just kills her and kidnaps Terra. That was so low I almost always turn my head when it happens.

RE: X-MAS Poll! - Which FF death were you the most affected by/care the most about? - JWhiteLXXXIX - 12-23-2015

auron is technically dead i was sad about it, was cool meeting him in the underworld in kingdom hearts 2 tho lol