FF6 Hacking
FF6 Steam Version - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Vector, Imperial Capital (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-58.html)
+---- Forum: News (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-59.html)
+---- Thread: FF6 Steam Version (/thread-3027.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

FF6 Steam Version - madsiur - 12-02-2015

[Image: logo.jpg]

Late in November, PEGI's website updated to include references to Final Fantasy 6 on PC, stating the port's release date was scheduled for the 26th of the month. However, the game has yet to be released on Steam or any other digital PC formats.

Square Enix declined to comment when approached by GameSpot.

More here.

My two cents: Hopefully not a port of the iOS version or a cheap SNES/GBA Steam port with achievements.

Thanks Mac68 for giving me the info! Hello

RE: FF6 might come to PC - Kugawattan - 12-02-2015

As long as they keep the green hair on Terra I'm good.

RE: FF6 might come to PC - Rjenyawd - 12-02-2015

I don't know.... the ios version has some bigger sprites. ...They're hideous, but LARGER. Think of the possibilities. We can get in there and retex thoes things to high-heaven.

I'd love a remake, (and it's probably in talks, tbh. After Square-enix once again realized that their company is a JRPG maker, and that's what their costumers want from them, they began considering remaking their old SNES erra titles.)

Anywho, I'd LOVE a remake...but anything I can break open and make prettier will work! an IOS to PC version would have the upscaled backgrounds, tiles, and dialogue portrait support, AND it'll be pc files... which means it might have easier access.

...I'm excited!

RE: FF6 might come to PC - Lockirby2 - 12-02-2015

I'm expecting IOS here.

RE: FF6 might come to PC - madsiur - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 08:34 PM)Rjenyawd Wrote: the ios version has some bigger sprites. ...They're hideous, but LARGER. Think of the possibilities. We can get in there and retex thoes things to high-heaven.

iOS monster sprites are really nice IMO. Please define "retex" lol

(12-02-2015, 08:54 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: an IOS to PC version would have the upscaled backgrounds, tiles, and dialogue portrait support, AND it'll be pc files... which means it might have easier access.

I'm a PC game hacking noob but I know the era where you just extract all the game files (audio, code and graphics) in right format by doing a few manipulations is over. Also assuming the game goes on Steam, I think it would be harder to hack if the game use some of Steam client functionalities... I have no idea if previous sentence is right as I never used or read much on Steam.

(12-02-2015, 08:54 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I'm expecting IOS here.

On second thought maybe here too lol. My 4 biggests drawback of the iOS / Android port were:

1) Characters sprites. (That wouldn't be fixed in a port)

2) Boner menu [/quote some guy on ID]

3) Unable to do any kind of LLG (mostly because unable to flee fast enough from random encounters because of boner menu iirc...)

4) Using a touch screen (valid for any phone game)

Technically, all points except #1 could be fixed in a port.

RE: FF6 might come to PC - Catone - 12-02-2015

Being a PC title would open a few doors as to hacking/modding. The Steam portion of that would remove all of it. I have a handful of Steam using games, pain in the @$$. I log it in, it forces me to wait several days while it checks for updates, downloads every single one (you can't play during this time btw, and you damn sure can't decline the update) and if one file gets moved, it goes batchit nuts saying the game is corrupt, redownload the entire thing before you can play it, have a nice wait.

Not to mention, finding where Steam even saves the game files is an effort before you even start thinking about modding.

Yes I hate a severe hate for Steam. Once it lets me finally open the game, Steam never sees the internet again until I'm done with that game entirely. So FF6 on steam wouldn't perk my interest at all. Let alone anything that resybols that IOS thing.

RE: FF6 might come to PC - madsiur - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 10:03 PM)catone Wrote: Not to mention, finding where Steam even saves the game files is an effort before you even start thinking about modding.

In the sky! It's a cloud service.

RE: FF6 might come to PC - Rjenyawd - 12-03-2015

Quote:Please define "retex" lol

lol. I meant redraw. lol. ...namely better shading and proportions. And throw some pixels back in there for heavens sake!

[Image: bettershadeterra.png]

5-minute example though. Don't judge. Laugh

...Damn Steam! ...Maybe if we go the Mass Effect/Fallout rout and create a duplicate data folder and a dummy link to the .exe to bypass the Steam launcher? That way, starting the game never even goes through steam, and you don't have to worry about it "updating" your mods because something is 'corrupt'.

RE: FF6 might come to PC - Catone - 12-03-2015

I actually started doing that sort of thing with Fallout3, bought legit content and couldn't use it. Had to resort to "pirate" methods to even play content that I had bought and payed for, that was the beginning of my hatred for such things.

Have a similar opion of "clouds" too, but that's another story.

Now, getting it through steam, then cutting it free for proper use? That I can back. It would still have to be pretty good stuff to bother with though. Almost think just ripping and converting the PSX version for hacking/modding would be a better option. With the proper tools those games are almost PC like in files (look at FFT).

For the time being think I'll stick with molesting the snes version though.

RE: FF6 might come to PC - Rjenyawd - 12-03-2015

Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about. Just PLAYING the game away from steam, not actually pirating it. lol. That'd be super counterproductive. I want them to make more games. (just better quality ones...Smile )

Quote:Almost think just ripping and converting the PSX version for hacking/modding would be a better option. With the proper tools those games are almost PC like in files (look at FFT).

This is true. Graphically at least. as long as you have to tools to convert the condenced images into an editable format, the 2d art is super easy to change. Also, FF7 is another good example.

UNNNGH THOUGH! I wanna upscale the sprite work in the ios version! lol. Too bad I JUST FOUND THESE though. Someone beat me to the punch. ..with Terra at least.

[Image: pepespritedreference.png]

These were done by someone named pepeztyle over on the Spriters Exchange. He did different versions of Terra. and bonus Kefka. If the Ios sprites were re-shaded like this, with the other graphical updates....I'd be in content.

the link to the exchange spritesheet:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/70091/