FF6 Hacking
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Zozo Pub (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos (/thread-2950.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - MrEntity - 10-18-2015

Exporting a second txt file on generation with only coliseum info in it should be a matter of minutes to program in.

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Tenkarider - 10-18-2015

@Madsiur: you have to type "Colosseum" or when you'll reopen your eyes you'll see no words found and right after see by accident who's terra Laugh

On a side note even if you type the right word, it will warp to colosseum list, but you'll also see all the info about Char 14 on the top side of the file... Sweat it's a less important clue than char 1 ones, but if you see him among the first 6 chars you might be able to consider certain variations to odds about who's female in the starting party... quite nerdish but it's exactly what i'm trying to figure out Tongue

@MrEntity: the fact you didn't clearly refused my only colosseum guide propose... could that mean that in the case you might be agree with consulting only colosseum?

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - abyssonym - 10-18-2015

yeah it would be easy to do but c'mon, running BC creates enough clutter as it is

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Jackimus - 10-18-2015

I think if guides are allowed for races, they shouldn't be looked through until the timer starts (IE: you sacrifice time to gain knowledge)

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Catone - 10-19-2015

Jackimus seems to have a pretty good idea there, in the very least it would be something to try once.

As he said, you'd have to decide if the time spent was worth the knowledge gained, and up to the racer to decide WHAT knowledge would be worth it. Could add an interesting twist.

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Tenkarider - 10-19-2015

Deeeeeeeeeeeepends...
There's some info inside that guide that compared to a minute(even 5) spent to read it, it makes you save so much time to be unfair... besides i believe that it ruins the randomizer race the more you read the guide and not in a proportional way...

I'd still suggest only colosseum guide as info readable... i can also say that reading it before the race won't impact to much on your time: the best you can obtain in a reasonable time should be elemental shields and anything priced less; if you ask for something even slightly(or equally) strong, most of the times the enemy will be at LV 43 or more (in a speedcave the worst thing i saw was fighting White dragon(lv 71) for Fixed Dice) and i'm pretty sure they are unbeatable since we're talking about racing.

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Catone - 10-19-2015

Granted, sure it could greatly shorten the overall race, but for instance if you took the time to look up if one boss had a weakness and found nothing, then the other guy that didn't look would be ahead. Similarly, if you looked it up and found out it was weak vs death, vs the next guy just fighting it, you would be ahead.

Lastly, it couldn't be unfair if all racers had open access to the information. Would only be an issue of who made the best use of their time, read it all at the start, or as a referance on the fly.

Again, it sounds like it would be an idea to try once, if anything just for some variation to keep things from getting stale. Course, a quick program that randomly chooses the rules in effect, vs choosing before hand would be another way to keep it jumping.

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Cecil188 - 10-19-2015

Using the coliseum guide is probably as far as I'd go, just because it would cut out a lot of flak, and nothing super interesting. Also, now we're thinking about randomizing the rules as well? That's pretty meta, or something...

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Jackimus - 10-19-2015

randomise the racers too! While we're at it, randomise the randomised game!

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - MrEntity - 10-19-2015

Let's all just roll some dice at each other.