FF6 Hacking
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Zozo Pub (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos (/thread-2950.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - MrEntity - 10-04-2015

I mean chests like the ones in the magitek facility horizontal capsule room where you can't actually see the chest, but its there.

And yeah, I just spend an hour going through a town only to find out it was a loop.

Also, I just cast cure on myself only to have it effect the enemy. What's the deal with that? It keeps happening. No reflect.

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - abyssonym - 10-04-2015

There's two versions of that room. If the capsules are broken, it's the version that appears in Kefka's Tower and there's no chest.

The enemy probably has innate Runic status.

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Jackimus - 10-06-2015

Myself and MrEntity did a practice speedcave for awhile tonight, and schwas good times. We had many a guy with grand train, and good moves. MrE screwed up and died and gave up, I killed some dragons and elected to finish the seed another time as the race was effectively over.

Andrew won at being the drunkest.

Highlights include;

-An enemy move called "Ball Flying" (though still not quite as amusing as Booty Land)
-Andrew being the drunkest

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - MrEntity - 10-06-2015

I'm the winningest!

Are we going to be trying to do a race this weekend?

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Lockirby2 - 10-07-2015

It's Thanksgiving, so that might be awkward not only for Cecil and I, but perhaps Madsiur as well. The guys in the states wouldn't have an issue though. Tongue

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - MrEntity - 10-07-2015

Oh right, we're Canadian. Man, f**k Canada. Next weekend perhaps?

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - madsiur - 10-07-2015

I just learned we have a 3 days weekend Laugh

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Cecil188 - 10-07-2015

I should have at least one 4 hour span somewhere. If everyone else can make it work, I bet I can as well.

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - MrEntity - 10-09-2015

Having done so many practice runs and races that I am pretty sick of the speedcave I really need to put forth the following suggestion based on thorough experience of the scenario:

The race should really be until the first person presses the 3 buttons that lead to the second half.

Here are some reasons:
1 - After that point there is an immediate and RIDICULOUS jump in difficulty which makes it virtually impossible to proceed without grinding for levels.
2 - It takes less that 4 hours to get there. In my experience between 2 and 3. This is having explored 95% of the map (basically everywhere except places I got confused ny pathing and forgot.)
3 - There is basically no reason that not everyone will have ALL of the towns before the buttons. This will pretty much result in a tie unless someone somehow manages to find a town after the buttons (which in my experience (with many many seeds) is almost completely impossible without a grindey level spike or a ludicrously lucky set of abilities.)
4 - If you enforce exploration (which having to find all the towns does) the game takes longer and is less fun due to added tedium.

And probably some other stuff I could rhyme off if I weren't drunk and about to go to bed.

Any thoughts?

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Cecil188 - 10-09-2015

Have you played the Ancient Cave type as well? I've played a couple runs, and I've noticed a small difficulty jump around the switch point as well. I was wondering if you could compare the two cave types around the switch room, seeing as I've never actually played Speedcave.