FF6 Hacking
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Zozo Pub (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos (/thread-2950.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - Tenkarider - 10-04-2015

Honestly complaining for few switches i believe it's pointless, that's how the caves work: they're not made to find the shortest way, rather than explore, besides if you found monsters that defeat you in the first parts of the cave, maybe you should get some extra level and open more chests as well.

Large towns are big, but not that much annoying, besides they have chests inside and they are often a lot of chests(south figaro in particular)

The main point is that i believe here you're complaing because until now with narshe race you always tried to find the shortest pattern, do only what you need, skip all possible encounters, dodge the chests, etc: in other words you tried in all the ways to dodge randomization because it often slows the race; This time you can't do that, because the caves force you to deal with randomization, which is the real point of playing a randomizer.
On a side note when Abyss raced, i watched his run for most of the time because it was much more interesting, since he opened a lot of chests

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - abyssonym - 10-04-2015

If I didn't open so many chests, I might've won though, haha.

RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - MrEntity - 10-04-2015

I have a question about blitz. How do you learn new blitzes? Because Jack and I have played multiple times for hours with people with blitz and never had anything but pummel to pick from.

Also dances: I have fought on every possible land and only gained like 3 or 4 dances. What's up with that?

Blitzes are supposed to be learnable when party level increases but seems like there might be some bug, maybe in the ancient cave mode that is preventing that from happening.

All of the dances are learnable in the cave except Water Rondo and Snowman Jazz. Dusk Requiem and Love Sonata are the most common, Wind Song can be learned from rural town maps and outdoor airship maps, Forest Suite can be learned from the Phantom Forest and outdoor Phantom Train maps, Earth Blues can be learned from outdoor mountain maps, and Desert Aria can be learned from outdoor Figaro Castle maps. I think Snowman Jazz would be learnable, but none of the maps that have it are compatible with the ancient cave.

If you have GP rain (or other consumable using command) on your umaro character, does it actually use your GPs/consumable or does it act like mimic?

In FF6, mimicking GP Rain uses up GP, and I'd assume that it's the case with berserkers too. As for other commands that use up items, like Throw and Item, I don't think those will ever be used by the berserker and they won't end up in a berserker's battle menu.

What do pebbles do?

Absolutely nothing, just like in FF12.

Then why are they for sale all the time?

Also, can towns be dead ends?

Also, why are all the chests that are invisible gone?

Also, why doesn't remedy cure imp or zombie?

They replaced Tents and Sleeping Bags.

I dunno what you mean by "dead end", it's possible that you don't need to go through town to progress but probably unlikely.

I dunno what chests you're talking about, but in some cases if you get the chests on one map (ex: South Figaro WoB) they'll disappear from a different map (ex: South Figaro WoR).

Remedy (the item) was like that in vanilla too.