FF6 Hacking
VGM game - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Zozo Pub (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: VGM game (/thread-2881.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

VGM game - madsiur - 06-12-2015

I've attempted this before, with more or less success. I'm attempting it again.

The rules of this game (not subject to discussion) are as follow:

1) Rate the song of the previous person (mandatory) on 10 and comment if possible your rating. We all know rating are subjectives, so bear that in mind please.

2) Post a VG song, remaster, reorchestration, cover, etc... , as long as the song is related to a video game.

3) The next person does the same. Please don't comment if you don't do the first two steps. Hit

Here's my first song, obviously I have no song to comment since I'm the first:

RE: VGM game - Tenkarider - 06-12-2015

I'll start saying that almost for sure my tastes about the type of music used for the remixing the song(I remember it was Within the Giant, probably it has many names)
Will affect the judge...
My judge is... 6.5/10
Mainly because the starting part of the remix steals too much time to the whole song(~2 minutes, which is more than 50% of the whole time) and honestly the most important part to hear remixed i believe it should be after 2:10.
Finally i feel like it sounds less epic than the original one...

How 'bout this one?

Remixed version, which follows the style used for SOTN (Sega Saturn)

RE: VGM game - Gi Nattak - 06-13-2015

Well I give that one a 10/10 but hey whatever.
Herrr'es my favorite town theme in exitstance =

I like it cause its simple yet dance-ible and I like pan flutes.

RE: VGM game - Lockirby2 - 06-13-2015

Man, that song sounds great! It's pretty lively and has a nice tune. I'll give it a 9/10. I didn't comment on the last couple because they're a little outside of the music genres/instrumentation that I generally like, but this song is right up my alley.

As for mine:

RE: VGM game - madsiur - 06-13-2015

I really like 600 A.D. Probably my favorite CT song with Frog's theme. I like the part where the melody is changed a bit, it gives an original touch to the song. 9/10 for me.

Welcome to the 40's:

RE: VGM game - Gi Nattak - 06-14-2015

How can I not give that one a 10/10? So 10/10. Thanks for turning me on to this remix! Sounds like Mighty Mighty Bosstones kinda =D
Since this is seeming like a remix/remaster songs preferred, here is one from my youtube favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d81qFaoe010&index=204&list=FLTO-KTyy-O23mgO1x4fYdzw

RE: VGM game - Lockirby2 - 06-16-2015

Hahaha, so cute! How could that not be 10/10? I would consider anything else to be animal abuse. Hold on

Madsiur's legitimately sounds like something you'd hear in an old-timey building.

No clue what you all will think of this one. Tongue

RE: VGM game - madsiur - 06-18-2015

Very nice tune, could be a town theme in a RPG. I'll give a 8/10.

RE: VGM game - Cyprus - 06-20-2015

Nice, I would give 9/10. Um, for some reason I felt like crying while Listening to the song. I don't know why, but it made me feel really emotional. Cover

Anyways whenever I start this game up, I like to turn off all the lights in my house and then turn the Volume up high, and then just lay on the couch listening to the title screen music. It makes a spooky atmosphere, and I just dig that kind of shit. Laugh

RE: VGM game - Lockirby2 - 06-20-2015

Eh, I'm not a huge fan of songs that are largely atmospheric noises. And at the very least, I'd have to hear a song like this in its proper context to get any real impact, which I really never will because I hate the horror genre. And that in itself factors in as well.

So I'd have to give it a 4/10, moreso because it's not really my thing than it being terrible or anything. I'm really digging Madsiur's song though, it has a lot of emotion.

Random remix that I found 30 seconds ago specifically just for this thread!