FF6 Hacking
Battlescript variables... - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Magitek Research Facility (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Battlescript variables... (/thread-2778.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Battlescript variables... - madsiur - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 09:47 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Is it happening again? I mean, even this time, like with call formation command there's no limitation after the last existing var and so you're gonna touch some value that involves something else? (and so risking to do huge damage?)

Yes.

RE: Battlescript variables... - Tenkarider - 01-28-2015

Anyway if i manage to expand the list of variables, then those commands will become handy (the range which exceed the actual number of variables, i mean...)

RE: Battlescript variables... - abyssonym - 01-29-2015

(01-28-2015, 08:18 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: The other thing i don't understand is... var 0-3 are restored to 0 after battle, the following 20 vars not... how 'bout all the others, until var 255?
Take a look at the code again.
(01-28-2015, 12:14 AM)LightPhoenix Wrote:
Code:
C2/49D5: A2 13        LDX #$13
C2/49D7: BD B4 3E     LDA $3EB4,X    (copy in-battle event bytes)
C2/49DA: 9D C9 1D     STA $1DC9,X    ( back into normal out-of-battle event bytes)
C2/49DD: CA           DEX
C2/49DE: 10 F7        BPL $49D7      (iterate 20 times)
The loop is executed only 20 times, and the block starts at $3EB4, not $3EB0. Therefore var 0-3 are skipped, and var 4-17 retain their values after battle.

RE: Battlescript variables... - Tenkarider - 01-29-2015

Well, Madsiur already pointed that out...

RE: Battlescript variables... - Tenkarider - 02-27-2015

It's stupid that i realized that just now... but if the highest var is 17,
then what is var 036???
Some vanilla boss use it too...

On a side note when i'll start to deal with AI, i'm gonna try some experiment on those evil variables...

RE: Battlescript variables... - Catone - 02-27-2015

Wait, rule bending, limit breaking bosses are not enough? Now your gonna use evil variables?
That might almost be considered cheating. Least it sounds fun though.

The curse is everywhere, in any shape... ;[

Btw my hack might be remembered even for how i actually managed to use battle variables, not only for the curse.

RE: Battlescript variables... - madsiur - 02-27-2015

Tenkarider Wrote:Btw my hack might be remembered even for how i actually managed to use battle variables, not only for the curse.

Actually, nobody will notice this except if they open your hack with the editor.

Well... someone should start to ask, when they'll find(for example) Carbuncle as a random boss encounter in WoB, walking in the grassland(and then it will never appear anymore) and be able to obtain the esper...

PS. anyone has any info about var 36? even Lord Envoy used it for Emperor Dragon and Godzilla...

RE: Battlescript variables... - Catone - 02-27-2015

Final Fantasy V did that with Shoat and Ramah. It was cool, long as you paid attention to npc telling you stuff like "dar be a weird critter in the woods"

Else you missed a small window of opportunity.

Still, doing it here would be a slick trick.