FF6 Hacking
FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Dragons' Den (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project (/thread-2755.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project - JWhiteLXXXIX - 10-07-2015

looks pink and white to me, the thing above his black pants. nothing is too small for an outline man, if u want it to look real legit an outlines a must check the original ff6 sprites, oh and adding light from the top left is the best way to shade. im pretty impressed with the pose tho

RE: FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project - Tenkarider - 10-07-2015

Oh well... that's not the belt, it's just part of the dress, what i hate most of that sprite are violet rhombus which i really can't represent in their actual size: too much small to make rhombus with more that 1 pixel fit in the sprite... ;[

About the outline i tried before finish it, but i think it's out of my range managing to not skrew the sprite after put an outline.

The other improvements of the sprite will be done later, eventually.

not hard bro just outline the whole thing with the darkest color u got it wont screw it up and for future reference do the outline first its the easiest way. but yeah shade from the top left and try for an outline and u gots a good sprite here.

So you say that this should work better?

[Image: aqt6k8e4h41gxt2zg.jpg]

PS. since it's a screenshoot you'll see pixels this time, with the video that doesn't happen.

looks better to me dude! wayy better part from it needs to be shaded from top left

hope this guys gonna have at least 20 questions to ask Smile
the cat thingy from ix would be cool 2 the gimme cat or whatever its called

Uhm, i guess some pixel for shade wasn't enough to be noticed... should the shade involve the outline as well?

Surely it will have at least 16 questions, if i'll put more questions i still have to decide it,
That nasty cat? Dunno... it has no use and in the case i'd need to create Diamond or something for him; Due to vanilla game there wouldn't even be the surprise effect for giving him what he wants...
Ragtime will be incredibly useful instead, since in my hack you'll probably lack of resources, getting some free money without dealing with the curse is great.

RE: FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project - JWhiteLXXXIX - 10-08-2015

basically the light source comes from the top left and the dark bits would be bottom right u should shade accordingly.
lolfair enough

RE: FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project - Tenkarider - 10-08-2015

I guess i won't improve it further after this one, or maybe i'll use the version of the previous screenshot(this one has something which don't convince me completely)

[Image: 7eplvwfbhg3markzg.jpg]

Actually the image is made from an image already shaded(the original image), so i have some trouble in mixing colors more than how i did in this screenshot

PS. i believe the light in the original image comes from another direction, it should be in the center and slightly above the Ragtime

RE: FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project - JWhiteLXXXIX - 10-08-2015

it may do in the original man but if ur still using vanilla sprites as well ut might not hurt to color it in such a way. its more about where ur highlights are/dark areas then how u mix colors.. this shit sounds confusing when i try to explain it huh lol maybe ill make a monster tutorial or something for shading an stuff, so did u basically convert that image to 16 colors and then tweak it?

RE: FF6 Curse of the Gods - full game hack project - Tenkarider - 10-08-2015

No, it was something like a ~240x240 jpeg, hence i opened it on paint and shrinked it to 25% of his original size, obviously the resolution fucked up, then i put the original image(not skrewed) in the left half of the screen and paint in the right part, then i manually used the pencil and gradually redrawn above it, using the skrewed image as model to know his shape, position and combination of colors...
I picked the 16 colors from the skrewed sprite which looked to me the most representative and eventually tweaked/eliminated them when i wasn't convinced or when i realized i picked some extra color.

That's why he's already drawn with the shade of the original image.

Ps. i must say that since i outlined the sprite i was already satisfied with the result... despite it might disappoint you a bit i guess that the first screenshot will be the official version, for now.