FF6 Hacking
Final Fantasy VI Randomizer - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Magitek Research Facility (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Final Fantasy VI Randomizer (/thread-2672.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Final Fantasy VI Randomizer - dn - 09-22-2014

I would simply redirect Possess's routine to utilize the normal Death routine, except bypassing most immunity and probably hardcoded to not affect any boss creature (index 256+, narshe guard captain, magitek-armor, holy dragon) and make it remove the character in the same manner as Pep Up.

There would also need to be a check at the end of battle to ensure one person is present and alive, and to trip the game over routine if not, in case, say, Terra were to spawn with it at the beginning of the game.

RE: Final Fantasy VI Randomizer - Tenkarider - 09-22-2014

"and some of the dragons"?

What do you mean? Surprised
Which ones ones of the dragons make you have some problem due to using possess and why?

RE: Final Fantasy VI Randomizer - Lockirby2 - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 09:38 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: "and some of the dragons"?

What do you mean? Surprised
Which ones ones of the dragons make you have some problem due to using possess and why?

Well, if you use it on the Holy Dragon, or the Ice Dragon, you'd still have bosses to fight afterwards with only three party members, if you didn't want to exit/return. Using it on the Blue Dragon would result in you having to exit the Ancient Cave without your forth party member, thanks to Warp being unavailable there. There would be a couple other bosses that fall into similar categories too, like Tritoch and the Dream Stooges.

oh, that... i thought you mentioned a game crash situation Laugh

PS. i took a look to the link of the other randomizer... looks like it can randomize a lot of stuff... but i see only a pile of python language files Sad

Don't tell me that you have to set 'em in the ROM on your own... is there an exe file inside that link??

RE: Final Fantasy VI Randomizer - RaikouGilgamesh - 09-22-2014

I was wondering about that too, Tenka, but I didn't wanna bring it up, for fear of looking like a fool. So, yeah, I can't figure the silly thing out either. lol

RE: Final Fantasy VI Randomizer - madsiur - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 01:32 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: PS. i took a look to the link of the other randomizer... looks like it can randomize a lot of stuff... but i see only a pile of python language files Sad

From the readme file:

Usage:
python randomizer.py
python randomizer.py < ROMFILE > < VERSION >.< FLAGS >.< SEED VALUE >

You need all the .py files in the same folder.

RE: Final Fantasy VI Randomizer - dn - 09-22-2014

I dabbled in it a small bit. It's extremely randomized, Monster sprites, stats are slightly randomized. commands can be entirely replaced with nearly any slot in the ability index (you can see the exemptions if you look at some of the files). starting stats are randomized, I believe. all equipment, including starting equipment, equipment stats and bonuses, equipability flags, esper spells, possibly the espers themselves as events. monster names and palettes, even.

RE: Final Fantasy VI Randomizer - RaikouGilgamesh - 09-22-2014

Are you saying, that all we need to do, is make a folder, and put all the files in the folder with the game? Do we need to zip it up?

i already did it... all files in the same folder... i open the DOS and try to type
python randomizer.py <...>
but it always end up into a Syntaxerror: invalid syntax ;[

I don't really understand where's the problem... could someone tell me what i have to type exactly(perfect syntax), where to use space and what i have to write into <ROMFILE>??
In other words it would be great if someone tests it on his own and posts what he wrote in order to make work the program

RE: Final Fantasy VI Randomizer - madsiur - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 07:01 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: i already did it... all files in the same folder... i open the DOS and try to type
python randomizer.py <...>
but it always end up into a Syntaxerror: invalid syntax ;[

You need to have python installed.