FF6 Hacking
My Yoshi sprite (color fixed) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Owzer's Mansion (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-23.html)
+---- Forum: Player Characters/ NPCs (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-46.html)
+---- Thread: My Yoshi sprite (color fixed) (/thread-2611.html)

Pages: 1 2

My Yoshi sprite (color fixed) - Ishimaru Chiaki - 06-25-2014

Hello,

When I made these sprites, I didn't know someone already made one sprite sheet here for I didn't find it on Google.
I discovered it only a few minutes ago while searching on this board (gosh, why didn't I think about searching on this board earlier while on a PC rather than on a smartphone ??).

So, I was hesitating to post my version, knowing my level in spriting isn't the same (back off, anxiety, BACK OFF !!!) but I'll post it anyway.

Here's the current versions:
[Image: Ishimaru-mario-yoshi-1.png] [Image: Ishimaru-mario-yoshi-2.png]
Color taken from different FF6 sprite sheets.

Older versions, so you can see the progress as I got advices on the other board (but it took a little while before they take FF6's actual style into account while giving advices...)
https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/fuuuu.png

I know the level isn't the same compared to the other one but I want to improve it.
I probably won't be able to post any sprite update before next Wednesday because I already have something scheduled tomorrow evening then I'll spend a long Canada day weekend in our camper traiiler, and the wifi really sucks where we camp... and anyway, there's no much place for a desktop PC with all its peripherals in a camper trailer.
But I can read and reply in the meantime, from my phone.

see you later.

EDIT : I took some time to make Yoshi's portrait :
[Image: fuuuu.png]

Based on this pic

EDIT2 : Finally took time to fix my sprite sheet by removing the yellow on boots of front and rear walking poses and replacing the tent, in order to keep the nb of colors below 12.

EDIT3 : The nose on side view was really bugging me, so I tried something to make it look better, and I think I succeeded, even thought it looks a little big compared to the front and 3/4 ones. . It was a little harder for the two with the head bent forward.

[EDIT4] Tonight, I kept on working on my Yoshi sprite. Even though the nose on the side view was looking better, it was a little too high, so I adjusted it, so it will be the same height as in the front view.

Here's the updated sprite :

By the fact that I shrank the nose's height by the bottom, I wonder if I should move the arms 1px up.

[EDIT5] Yet another update ! I finally moved his arms 1 pixel up. At the same time, it balanced between the arms up poses.

Now I don't think there's any other point to improve, unless if you want his arms stance more human-like rather than T-rex-like (ex: in Brawl)

RE: My Yoshi sprite (not the same level as the other one thought) - SSJ Rick - 06-26-2014

please put the images in this [img]link to the image[/img]

that way it'll show up on the forums

so far from what I see, your work isn't bad, I can see and tell you right now that they won't be able to be imported into the game (idk if that was what you wanted to do)

what you need to do (if you want your sprite sheets in the game) is use either FF3USME, FF3SE, or FinalFantasy3SpriteEditor (which in my opinion is the best editor to use when making sprite sheets)

if you need help with spriting feel free to shoot me a message

RE: My Yoshi sprite (not the same level as the other one thought) - Ishimaru Chiaki - 06-26-2014

I'd hâve put them in img tags if it actually worked in the first place, I told it in my post édit !

Cpncerning the import, is there any Linux version of one of them ? Or at least, do they run fine on Wine ? Because I totally removed Windows XP when I updated my Ubuntu installation and it's out of question that I use my parents' PCs !

Anyway, I viewed the tutorials and guidelines only after I posted so my first réaction was "outch, lot of things to do ! :S )

Édit : ok... it decided to work this time ! Surprised

Ediit2 : wtf ??? Surprised Not working again !!! I'll leave it as is this time !

RE: My Yoshi sprite (not the same level as the other one thought) - SSJ Rick - 06-26-2014

I'm not 100% sure if they work with the linux but I think they might, I mean there is only one way to find out lol

RE: My Yoshi sprite (not the same level as the other one thought) - Ishimaru Chiaki - 08-13-2014

Sorry for my absence for the last weeks. Since the arrival of a new e-learning French site based on open source philosophy (Zeste de Savoir), I'm busy updating my GIMP course in order to publish it on the new site. On the same time, I spend my weekends in our camper trailer, with only my mobile to access the Internet, so I can't gimp when I'm not at home.

But tonight, after I made some buttons for a request, I took some time to gimp Yoshi's FF6 portrait.

Here it is

Based on this pic

RE: My Yoshi sprite (not the same level as the other one thought) - Cyprus - 08-14-2014

Nice! Very well done. Kungfu!

RE: My Yoshi sprite (not the same level as the other one thought) - Ishimaru Chiaki - 08-26-2014

Hello,

I finally took time to fix my sprite sheet by removing the yellow from Yoshi's boots on front and rear poses and replacing the tent.

Here's the new revision :

RE: My Yoshi sprite (not the same level as the other one thought) - CrumpledMedal - 08-27-2014

I like your Yoshi, reminds me of the Yoshi figure that came in Taco Bell meals back in 1998 and I always have envisioned doing an RPG with Yoshi as the main man. It don't look bad from the side, but you did a good job with what you had. I think it's pretty good.

RE: My Yoshi sprite (not the same level as the other one thought) - Cyprus - 08-28-2014

Man, I thought I was the Only one who cherished that.

RE: My Yoshi sprite (not the same level as the other one thought) - CrumpledMedal - 08-28-2014

It's a small world.