FF6 Hacking
General Leo's Legacy - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Patches, Bugfixes, Tweaks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: General Leo's Legacy (/thread-2015.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

General Leo's Legacy - Ghost XIII - 03-24-2013

Title: General Leo's Legacy (Lion Armlet Relic)
Author: Ghost XIII
Download

This patch replaces Setzer's Coin Toss relic with a new relic available to Celes in the WoR found on General Leo's grave, the "Lion Armlet." The Lion Armlet grants a slight boost to Strength, Speed, and Stamina, and a 50% protection from fire, as well as replacing "Runic" with "Shock." This may be pretty game breaking, but I personally found I never used Runic once I reached the WoR and felt like seeing if I could replace the skill changing functions and this seemed like a fun thing to try.

[Image: lar1.png] [Image: lar2.png] [Image: lar3.png]

Here are the hex changes to change this yourself without a patch. You can swap out other skills by using their corresponding hex value.

Code:
(Data - commands that can be replaced with other commands thanks to Relics)

C2/5452: 05   (Steal) [Thief Glove Relic]
C2/5453: 0F   (Slot) //Change 0F to OB (Runic) [Coin Toss Relic]
C2/5454: 0D   (Sketch) [Fake Moustache Relic]
C2/5455: 02   (Magic) [Gem Box Relic]
C2/5456: 00   (Fight) [Offering Relic]

(Data - commands that can replace above commands due to Relics)

C2/5457: 06   (Capture)
C2/5458: 18   (GP Rain) //Change 18 to 1B (Shock)
C2/5459: 0E   (Control)
C2/545A: 17   (X-Magic)
C2/545B: 16   (Jump)

Hex values for skills:
Code:
Fight - 00
Item - 01
Magic - 02
Morph - 03
Revert - 04
Steal - 05
Capture - 06
SwdTech - 07
Throw - 08
Tools - 09
Blitz - 0A
Runic - 0B
Lore - OC
Sketch - 0D
Control - OE
Slot - OF
Rage - 10
Leap - 11
Mimic -12
Dance -13
Row - 14
Def - 15
Jump - 16
X-Magic - 17
GP Rain - 18
Summon - 19
Health - 1A
Shock -1B
Possess -1C
MagiTek -1D

RE: General Leo's Legacy - SSJ Rick - 03-24-2013

its an interesting patch

if you can post some screenshots

RE: General Leo's Legacy - darkanx - 08-17-2013

I love this patch, for the most part (will get to that in a sec). This really gives Celes a breath of new life in the second half of the game. Runic is handy, but only something I break out on special occasions. Giving her shock is fun and useful. I, personally, wanted to balance out this patch a bit. I changed shock to do damage equivalent to Bolt 2 and made it non-elemental. To beef up Leo's version, I just slightly doubled his Magic stat, making his damage output with shock in line with the original.

For the big problem, now. This patch appears to be combined with a number of other patches, making it rather incompatible with many large-scale patches, such as FFimprovement. I would love it if you could make a trimmer patch with just the changes needed.

RE: General Leo's Legacy - Scorcher - 03-01-2014

There is one thing that just pisses me off about this patch, it makes it so I can't edit dialogue with FF3usME

RE: General Leo's Legacy - Vanya - 03-02-2014

That's a pretty good idea. I was going to suggest more or less the same thing darkanx did.

RE: General Leo's Legacy - SSJ Rick - 03-02-2014

for the bigT you should always create your dialog and make a separate patch that way you can always make your changes and not rely on changing at after applying patches

RE: General Leo's Legacy - Scorcher - 03-03-2014

Okay, so what you're saying is edit the dialogue BEFORE adding the patch?

RE: General Leo's Legacy - Synchysi - 03-03-2014

I think what he's saying is to keep a separate ROM with your dialogue edits. That way you can make a patch off of that ROM and apply it to another ROM that has the rest of your changes.

RE: General Leo's Legacy - Ghost XIII - 03-03-2014

Anytime you are making changes to a rom and also applying patches be sure to make those changes and create a patch so you can just add several patches at once. It's the easiest and mess free way to do anything. With this hack there were only a couple of changes which were made: the dialogue of the child in Thamasa, the Coin Toss item, removing the coin toss from the chest in the Esper cave, and some hex editing which altered the coin toss to change "Slot" to "GP Rain" to instead switch "Runic" to "Shock." I can include the hex code in the main post so it is easier to do yourself if you'd like.

RE: General Leo's Legacy - Locke0075 - 03-12-2014

I can't seem to get it to work can I turn slot to magitek ?