FF6 Hacking
Break HP Limit for Party Members - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Magitek Research Facility (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Break HP Limit for Party Members (/thread-1669.html)

Break HP Limit for Party Members - gaje - 06-04-2012

I was thinking that it would be cool to have a patch to exceed the maximum amount of HP for your allies in battle.Maybe if we look into the break damage patch or monster HP patch it could work.

Just an idea

RE: Break HP Limit for Party Members - SSJ Rick - 06-04-2012

I'm sure it can be done, but I doubt it will look good due to the way the menu is set up

RE: Break HP Limit for Party Members - JCE3000GT - 06-05-2012

(06-04-2012, 11:30 PM)Gaje Wrote: I was thinking that it would be cool to have a patch to exceed the maximum amount of HP for your allies in battle.Maybe if we look into the break damage patch or monster HP patch it could work.

Just an idea

Possible? Absolutely. Practical? Not really.

First you'd need to locate the assembly code that caps the HP at 9999, this is the easy part. Then you'd have to rewrite the HP amount display routine to allow for 5 digits or use some sort of similar smaller numbers like the battle damage patch. You'd then need to rewrite the windows to allow for the increased space needed for the 5th digits.

However, the cool thing about this is you can increase the MP from 999 to 9999 and it will work perfectly. I did this for FF4 already on both with exception of me not coding to allow the game to display the 5th digit.

RE: Break HP Limit for Party Members - madsiur - 06-05-2012

(06-05-2012, 01:25 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: First you'd need to locate the assembly code that caps the HP at 9999, this is the easy part. Then you'd have to rewrite the HP amount display routine to allow for 5 digits or use some sort of similar smaller numbers like the battle damage patch. You'd then need to rewrite the windows to allow for the increased space needed for the 5th digits.

I was going to say the same thing. You could theoretically have a max HP of 32 000 but you would need aside of what is already mentioned either expand the leveling up system or allow a bigger HP increase at level up which is a simpler solution but then a game rebalance come into play. Adapting the different menus isn't so bad. There might be other stuff to consider that I am not at the moment considering.

RE: Break HP Limit for Party Members - carlpandated - 08-19-2015

Wait? assembly code... the hex...

RE: Break HP Limit for Party Members - dn - 08-19-2015

HP and MP have a hard functional cap at 15000 because the highest two bits are used for % bonuses on equipment. That's the highest you're getting unless you axe HP and MP boosts entirely. Also, 5-digit HP display in battle is far more complex than it appears. I've tried to do it and it screwed all of the number displays up.

RE: Break HP Limit for Party Members - carlpandated - 08-19-2015

What are the highest bits? High HP equip will have any character better have 14999 HP, a 5-digit... in this game it will be displayed 4995 HP.

What about MP limit?