Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Version 1.4 has been released! Discord has convinced me to move a couple of features from v2.0 to v1.4, so the list of changes is:

* 2 softlocks fixed: One in Leo's recruitment if you recruited Cyan first, and the other in the Auction House if you bid on Golem without sufficient funds.
* Damage Overflow Fix (affects Gauntlet, Bracers, Earrings, Atlas Armlet, Hero Ring, and Atma Weapon)
* Atma Weapon can be used with both Bracers and Gauntlets.
* Ragnarok's levelup bonus corrected to "MP+50%" (it was "Speed+2")
* Animation changes for Enhancer, Rune Edge, Master Fist (renamed to Pummel Fist), and the "Limit" Desperation Attack. (Thanks, DrakeyC!)
* Sketch now uses the caster's stats, instead of the target's stats, allowing it to get stronger as Relm and Gogo level up.
* Control still uses the monster's stats, but now, upon successful control, the caster will get a free turn to use the monster abilities.

ALL SAVE FILES FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS ARE STILL COMPATIBLE

Thanks especially to Seibaby, Stroglog, and CDude for their help on the things that were vexing me. Version 2.0 is now in development, but that will be focusing more on quality of life features.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (10-07-2022)

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Did any Blitz command (except the suplex) get changed too?

Any way to play FFVI D.P. v1.4 on bsnes v.115? Didn´t load the game only black screen (snes9x worked)?
The problem is snes9x got problems when we use 2 gamepads. Or is there any other good & working snes emu?
  Find

Status
None
(11-11-2022, 09:10 AM)tb80 Wrote: Did any Blitz command (except the suplex) get changed too?

Any way to play FFVI D.P. v1.4 on bsnes v.115? Didn´t load the game only black screen (snes9x worked)?
The problem is snes9x got problems when we use 2 gamepads. Or is there any other good & working snes emu?

Pummel was replaced by Tiger Break, and it has its own input. You can always just check the Skills menu when in doubt.

I was just able to load version 1.4 on BSNES v.115. Make sure you're patching over a clean rom, and not patching on top of v1.3.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Are sabins Skills limited to his lvl?

I used the same clear rom and patched it to 1.4. No problems starting it in snes9x (but snes9x doesnt Work good when using 2 Xbox360 Wireless gamepads, 1 ps4 gamepad fixed that).
Bsnes Had No Error starting the Game but screen remained black.
-> I got it working on bsnes v115 but only bsnes 32bit and only if you start emulator first. Strange.

Do all characters have the same Limit now or did you change it again?

I missed the wounded soldier on veldt. Any changes because of Leo Story?
Where did the chainsaw go? Maybe someone in Zozo said: There is no chainsaw! Wink Lie?
  Find

Status
None
Most of the questions you are asking are covered in the PDF manual or the various readme files.

1. Wounded soldier does not show up until after the scenarios are done. You cannot start the letter sidequest unless you have Leo in your party.
2. Chainsaw is freely available for purchase in the WoR. The Debilitator is the special Tool that you get in Zozo, and it is unbreakable.
3. All characters have the same limit, but I changed the animation. Everyone now uses Terra's "Riot Blade".

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 11
Status
None
So, I take it v2.0 is on the way? Is v1.4 the last update?
  Find

Status
None
(11-20-2022, 12:23 PM)Joshua H. Wrote: So, I take it v2.0 is on the way?  Is v1.4 the last update?

Yes 1.4 is good to go
  Find

Status
None
2.0 is coming at some unspecified point in the future. I wanted to get 1.4 out to fix some obvious bugs before too much time went by. 2.0 is going to be more about presentation improvements than anything else. Things like merging Divergent Path's changes with the TWUE script and adding MSU audio support. You will get the full experience if you play 1.4 now.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 11
Status
None
You should seriously consider adding a new game plus at some point.
  Find

Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
Could I have the discord link to discuss this mod? I'm already in ff6hacking and ng+.
  Find