Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Return of the Dark Sorcerer 2.0 Released

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
The popular FFVI hack has been updated! Version 2.0 has been worked on since February 2018. It includes many new events, sprites, dialogues, two new soundtracks and a lot more! You can see the changelog here and the readme here. There's so many new things that it should be a refreshing experience event for returning players! Thanks to everyone who is involved in the project!

[Image: 1.png] [Image: 2.png] [Image: 3.png]
[Image: 4.png] [Image: 5.png] [Image: 6.png]
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • break (02-02-2020), Ivalice (05-24-2020), Tenkarider (02-03-2020)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Awesome work everyone, saw the list of "Credits" from everyone who work on this update (on Romhacking.net).
It is amazing that over 30 people can work on and complete such a big project together !
I believe the last update I played was version 1.6.0 (back in August 2016)
Playing it really opened my mind to what is possible with ROM hacks.
Also might not have been inspired to learn more about hacking without being introduce to the trailer "Lockirby2" made back in 2014 for "Gi Nattak" YouTube channel.
Again, it has been a joy to follow how this hack has continued to elevate itself through out the years
So thank you, everyone, for your hard work and passion with this project.
I do hope someone creates a cool trailer for version 2.0 !
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to break for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (02-02-2020), JWhiteLXXXIX (02-02-2020), madsiur (02-02-2020), SSJ Rick (02-02-2020)

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey there can I post a patch request on here? Looking for cloud from rotds patch for vanilla game.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Hi there! Hello So who would Cloud be replacing? There is a fairly large issue with the Cloud sprite going to vanilla and that's that his palette, palette 1, while similar, is not the same as vanilla palette 1... so it will effect all the NPCs that also use palette 1, such as the soldier, merchant and others. So without recoloring them to look good again, they will look slightly jacked up. I'll attach the sprite sheet and portrait instead of a patch, so you can insert it yourself with FF3usME (sheet) and FF3SE (portrait). If this is not an option than let me know who you'd want to replace for Cloud, and just know that it will effect whichever palette that character is.

Be sure to credit ScarabEnigma for the 'Record Keeper Cloud', and James White (a.k.a. phunbaba) for the portrait, should you ever release it to the public.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.png  Cloud_port.png (730 bytes, 51 downloads)

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Seifer (06-30-2022)

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thanks for reply nattack sent u a pm.
  Find