Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Coliseum normal battle

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Is there a patch that let us learn Lore, and maybe even Rage inside Coliseum?

But more importantly, seem like I have encounter a problem with Siegfried55, & Chupon64 [I had given him the formation 497 (Veldt Pack63, #1)], encounter them in the coliseum with the patch that will let it appear in the veldt, and yet I did not see them at pack60 & above, but instead just straight to pack1 Lobo.

Did I messed up somewhere, or did I misunderstood how this patch work? http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/hack/rage.htm

How do I mess around with Shadow Coliseum? I know his AI Script is located at 382, but does he used his character3 info as his stats, or is it located somewhere else?
  Find

Status
None
(04-07-2022, 08:47 AM)madsiur Wrote: It can be done by event. The colosseum fight is at $CB78E9, if you put a hook (B2 command) at $CB7972, you can do your restore/remove HP/MP/status there. It will work for every colosseum fight except the Shadow one, which the after fight event is from $CB78F4 to $CB796B. However there is a branch to $CB7972 if you exit the item choosing menu ($CB78DD) so you might want to copy the $CB7972 code elsewhere and branch to that for this case to prevent HP/MP restore by simply entering and exiting the item betting menu. There might be a better way to do this, idk.

Where is the code that help to remove negative status in the coliseum fight? Poison status was not removed before the fight.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Subroutine $CACFBD is the commonly used one that heals all HP/MP/Statuses except M-Tek & Dog Block.
That's the one you'd want to put into the code following Madsiur's example.
That subroutine goes to, you guessed it, CA/CFBD, which does all this:

Code:
CA/CFBD: 88    Remove the following status ailments from character $31 (Party Character 0): Float, Hide, Chant (Casting Spell), Morph (Esper-form), Instant Death Protection, Frozen, Rage, Death (Wound), Petrify (Stone), Imp, Vanish (Clear), Poison, Zombie, Dark
CA/CFC1: 88    Remove the following status ailments from character $32 (Party Character 1): Float, Hide, Chant (Casting Spell), Morph (Esper-form), Instant Death Protection, Frozen, Rage, Death (Wound), Petrify (Stone), Imp, Vanish (Clear), Poison, Zombie, Dark
CA/CFC5: 88    Remove the following status ailments from character $33 (Party Character 2): Float, Hide, Chant (Casting Spell), Morph (Esper-form), Instant Death Protection, Frozen, Rage, Death (Wound), Petrify (Stone), Imp, Vanish (Clear), Poison, Zombie, Dark
CA/CFC9: 88    Remove the following status ailments from character $34 (Party Character 3): Float, Hide, Chant (Casting Spell), Morph (Esper-form), Instant Death Protection, Frozen, Rage, Death (Wound), Petrify (Stone), Imp, Vanish (Clear), Poison, Zombie, Dark
CA/CFCD: 8B    For character $31 (Party Character 0), take HP and set to maximum
CA/CFD0: 8B    For character $32 (Party Character 1), take HP and set to maximum
CA/CFD3: 8B    For character $33 (Party Character 2), take HP and set to maximum
CA/CFD6: 8B    For character $34 (Party Character 3), take HP and set to maximum
CA/CFD9: 8C    For character $31 (Party Character 0), take MP and set to maximum
CA/CFDC: 8C    For character $32 (Party Character 1), take MP and set to maximum
CA/CFDF: 8C    For character $33 (Party Character 2), take MP and set to maximum
CA/CFE2: 8C    For character $34 (Party Character 3), take MP and set to maximum
CA/CFE5: FE    Return

If you wanted to remove just poison and nothing else, then you'd have to make your own subroutine that does that because there is no preexisting one that removes just poison...so hopefully you are okay with removing all negative statuses, and restoring max HP/MP. If not, the value for just poison is going to be $04.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(04-25-2022, 02:22 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Subroutine $CACFBD is the commonly used one that heals all HP/MP/Statuses except M-Tek & Dog Block.
That's the one you'd want to put into the code following Madsiur's example.
That subroutine goes to, you guessed it, CA/CFBD, which does all this:

Code:
CA/CFBD: 88    Remove the following status ailments from character $31 (Party Character 0): Float, Hide, Chant (Casting Spell), Morph (Esper-form), Instant Death Protection, Frozen, Rage, Death (Wound), Petrify (Stone), Imp, Vanish (Clear), Poison, Zombie, Dark
CA/CFC1: 88    Remove the following status ailments from character $32 (Party Character 1): Float, Hide, Chant (Casting Spell), Morph (Esper-form), Instant Death Protection, Frozen, Rage, Death (Wound), Petrify (Stone), Imp, Vanish (Clear), Poison, Zombie, Dark
CA/CFC5: 88    Remove the following status ailments from character $33 (Party Character 2): Float, Hide, Chant (Casting Spell), Morph (Esper-form), Instant Death Protection, Frozen, Rage, Death (Wound), Petrify (Stone), Imp, Vanish (Clear), Poison, Zombie, Dark
CA/CFC9: 88    Remove the following status ailments from character $34 (Party Character 3): Float, Hide, Chant (Casting Spell), Morph (Esper-form), Instant Death Protection, Frozen, Rage, Death (Wound), Petrify (Stone), Imp, Vanish (Clear), Poison, Zombie, Dark
CA/CFCD: 8B    For character $31 (Party Character 0), take HP and set to maximum
CA/CFD0: 8B    For character $32 (Party Character 1), take HP and set to maximum
CA/CFD3: 8B    For character $33 (Party Character 2), take HP and set to maximum
CA/CFD6: 8B    For character $34 (Party Character 3), take HP and set to maximum
CA/CFD9: 8C    For character $31 (Party Character 0), take MP and set to maximum
CA/CFDC: 8C    For character $32 (Party Character 1), take MP and set to maximum
CA/CFDF: 8C    For character $33 (Party Character 2), take MP and set to maximum
CA/CFE2: 8C    For character $34 (Party Character 3), take MP and set to maximum
CA/CFE5: FE    Return

If you wanted to remove just poison and nothing else, then you'd have to make your own subroutine that does that because there is no preexisting one that removes just poison...so hopefully you are okay with removing all negative statuses, and restoring max HP/MP. If not, the value for just poison is going to be $04.

Odd. Why is my CA/CFBD up to CA/CFF2 that remove status are only MagiTek & Interceptor? But more importantly, any change (ticking dark, poison, & etc) to these codes does nothing before the coliseum fight.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
That subroutine will cure all negative statuses, but it excludes MagiTek and Interceptor status because those statuses are intentionally set and not considered negative. The game still uses this subroutine while Magitek & Interceptor status is applied, so you wouldn't want to remove those ones, right?

I'm not sure what the second part of your sentence is describing. You want to cure negative statuses such as poison, dark etc. before entering a coliseum match? If so, then you would do some event-coding to add that subroutine in question before the match takes place. This is event editing and it's a time-consuming nightmare to try and teach someone simply over forum posts lol - it's not going to be a simple byte change, you'll have to know what you're doing basically. You could take a look at some tutorials on the wiki if that might help you learn:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...ial:events

And then ask questions as you go. Basically it involves using a hex editor and referencing the event dump document which is a disassembly of the entire event code.

Status
None
(04-25-2022, 05:05 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: That subroutine will cure all negative statuses, but it excludes MagiTek and Interceptor status because those statuses are intentionally set and not considered negative. The game still uses this subroutine while Magitek & Interceptor status is applied, so you wouldn't want to remove those ones, right?

I'm not sure what the second part of your sentence is describing. You want to cure negative statuses such as poison, dark etc. before entering a coliseum match? If so, then you would do some event-coding to add that subroutine in question before the match takes place. This is event editing and it's a time-consuming nightmare to try and teach someone simply over forum posts lol - it's not going to be a simple byte change, you'll have to know what you're doing basically. You could take a look at some tutorials on the wiki if that might help you learn:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...ial:events

And then ask questions as you go. Basically it involves using a hex editor and referencing the event dump document which is a disassembly of the entire event code.

I want to cure all negative status, but every coliseum match does not remove any negative status. I let Gau have poison & Dark status before enter a coliseum match, but no cure.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Well did you try to put in the aforementioned subroutine to cure the statuses? If not, then it will not happen...

Status
None
(04-25-2022, 05:05 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: That subroutine will cure all negative statuses, but it excludes MagiTek and Interceptor status because those statuses are intentionally set and not considered negative.

It can be done by event. The colosseum fight is at $CB78E9, if you put a hook (B2 command) at $CB7972, you can do your restore/remove HP/MP/status there. It will work for every colosseum fight except the Shadow one, which the after fight event is from $CB78F4 to $CB796B. However there is a branch to $CB7972 if you exit the item choosing menu ($CB78DD) so you might want to copy the $CB7972 code elsewhere and branch to that for this case to prevent HP/MP restore by simply entering and exiting the item betting menu. There might be a better way to do this, idk.

Ok. So I get that CACFBD remove all statues except those 2. And B2 cmd is the "Call Subroutine", so I will put CACFBD at $CB7972, right? However, the game screen does not return, so it remain black. 

But there was another objective I want to ask today. Where is the original healing code at the colosseum fight between $CB78F4 to $CB796B? The game clearly revive my KOed character, & max heal them (just not negative status), but where is that code within the colosseum codes? Is it $CB795C?

Edit: According to the FF Fandom on the coliseum. All statues should be removed except for Float, Poison, & Imp. But they didn't.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(04-25-2022, 07:53 PM)doofenH Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 05:05 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: That subroutine will cure all negative statuses, but it excludes MagiTek and Interceptor status because those statuses are intentionally set and not considered negative.

It can be done by event. The colosseum fight is at $CB78E9, if you put a hook (B2 command) at $CB7972, you can do your restore/remove HP/MP/status there. It will work for every colosseum fight except the Shadow one, which the after fight event is from $CB78F4 to $CB796B. However there is a branch to $CB7972 if you exit the item choosing menu ($CB78DD) so you might want to copy the $CB7972 code elsewhere and branch to that for this case to prevent HP/MP restore by simply entering and exiting the item betting menu. There might be a better way to do this, idk.

Ok. So I get that CACFBD remove all statues except those 2. And B2 cmd is the "Call Subroutine", so I will put CACFBD at $CB7972, right? However, the game screen does not return, so it remain black. 

But there was another objective I want to ask today. Where is the original healing code at the colosseum fight between $CB78F4 to $CB796B? The game clearly revive my KOed character, & max heal them (just not negative status), but where is that code within the colosseum codes? Is it $CB795C?

Edit: According to the FF Fandom on the coliseum. All statues should be removed except for Float, Poison, & Imp. But they didn't.

The one at CB/795C is for the encounter with Shadow only. You can see other Shadow-related things there also.

No you shouldn't put CACFBD directly over the existing code, you will need to use the B2 jump command to jump elsewhere so you can ADD the healing subroutine, which is B2 BD CF 00... as well as any previous code. How CACFBD becomes BD CF 00 will not make any sense at first - did you take a look at the event tutorials on the wiki? There's a whole section about how to use the B2 jump command in great detail, so I'm not going to waste a bunch of time trying to explain what someone else has done a detailed tutorial of.

So it seems that the Coliseum heals up the character's HP before a battle some other way than event code, I'm not seeing anything regarding healing the character before the battle. And it's definitely not that subroutine because it only heals the one person entering the battle, not everyone. The problem with healing all characters and statuses before entering a match, is that you can back out of the match just before... so you'd essentially be giving the player access to a free healing without even doing the battle. That's why it's done another way I bet. I'm not sure why they wouldn't also heal the status effects though.

If you wanted to do the healing and status curing anyway before a battle and don't mind the player cheesing it for free healing, you'd want to do it here:
CB/78D9: 5A    Fade screen at speed $08
CB/78DB: 5C    Pause execution until fade in or fade out is complete
CB/78DC: 9A    Invoke Colosseum item selection screen

This has the 4 bytes required to do a B2 jump to somewhere else there is free space, and is the best spot to do it. At the free space spot you would put:

B2 BD CF 00  (Heals all HP/MP/Statuses except M-Tek & Dog Block)
5A    Fade screen at speed $08
5C    Pause execution until fade in or fade out is complete
9A    Invoke Colosseum item selection screen
FE    Returns to CB/78DD to continue the code

This is an easy task once you understand how to do the B2 jump, which the linked tutorial covers.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • madsiur (04-25-2022)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Status
None
see C2/27A8, which also does heal some status ailments.