Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Reward Display

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Great patch HatZen, nice work.

Tenka, you've been around long enough, YES, the "version" you listed is outdated. You should be using "YOUR" version. If you see commented code that is not commented in your version, then add the comments to "your" versions. Haven't done it yet, but I'll be viewing this readme without a doubt. Okay, soon as I figure out why my damn phone always downloads HatZen's files as a damn .txt file...

Anyway, again awsome patch, thanks for sharing the greatness. And Tenka, quit being a slacker.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
very well done.

didn't take long at all to take our feedback and make changes O: seems perfect now.

...unless you wanted to break it down further, and display opponents name aswell.. though that might be just a bit too much per-line, and make everything look crampt if it was even possible.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-16-2016, 11:52 AM)Catone Wrote: And Tenka, quit being a slacker.

LOL. Instead of always give him links to documents I sent him my whole FF6 documents library thinking it would lower the number of questions regarding documents he was asking but it almost did the opposite. XD
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Seems to work perfect for me now, regarding the item descriptions. I suppose I might have added the header to another ROM and patched over a headerless one... Anyways, awesome patch!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Quote:...unless you wanted to break it down further, and display opponents name aswell.. though that might be just a bit too much per-line, and make everything look crampt if it was even possible.

I don't believe it is possible. The items screen is at its maximum horizontal size and the fonts size can't be changed. With this configuration, to display two items consumes almost all available text space. Only one extra character is available, and it is used by the ':' character as a delimiter between the bet items and the reward items. Without to cut or remove one of the displayed items, its is impossible to add any more text in a line.

I considered to use the right upper window to display text. It is the window with the string 'select an item'. Perhaps, it could be used to display something useful like the enemy name or items quantity. However, i couldn't implement it.

The mentioned window is static and it only is setup in the Colosseum start up. When the items are selected, that windows is never updated. I can put any string in that window but it is useless because it never will be updated for the selected item.

One option should be to update that windows with the window used to display the item descriptions for the selected item. However, its is a totally different routine with a totally different code. I don't consider it friendly. By now, it is something i can't implement.

Quote:Is it possible that there's an updated version of that disassembly? the file i own is named "FF6_Bank_C3_Disassembly_V3"

I don't believe my disassembly file is too much different from yours. If you asked for my notes about the original code related to the patch, they are more like a messy leftover from the patch creation. I doubt they will be marginally useful to you. But you can send me a pm, if you are interested.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:LOL. Instead of always give him links to documents I sent him my whole FF6 documents library thinking it would lower the number of questions regarding documents he was asking but it almost did the opposite. XD
You actually lowered the questions i made: i just moved from generic questions about document's existance to specific questions about documents i own.

When i make a thread i usually ask stuff because i wanna implement some dark new feature or something, this time was not the case.(that disassembly sector just lacks of commentary, hence the question)

Quote:I don't believe my disassembly file is too much different from yours. If you asked for my notes about the original code related to the patch, they are more like a messy leftover from the patch creation. I doubt they will be marginally useful to you. But you can send me a pm, if you are interested.

No thanks, while it might be interesting to know what exactly does the code, i doubt i'll ever touch that zone of the rom in CotG, so it's ok... it was just curiosity.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Can someone hook me up with version 1.1? The link is not working for me. I get a malware alert then after that it just loads a text page.

Edit: nevermind, got it now.
  Find

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Quote:Ok, I updated the hack. The new version 1.1 is here: http://www.bwass.org/bucket/025_reward_display_11.7z

Link not working. Can I apply this after using the 1.0 version in the meantime?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(04-22-2022, 09:13 PM)doofenH Wrote:
Quote:Ok, I updated the hack. The new version 1.1 is here: http://www.bwass.org/bucket/025_reward_display_11.7z

Link not working. Can I apply this after using the 1.0 version in the meantime?

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3312/

I'm not sure about applying it over the previous version, maybe give it a shot and if nothing breaks in the Colosseum menu, then you're probably safe. HatZen might come back to answer this for sure, but that's what I would do in the meantime.
Alternatively, if you still have the previous version patch laying around, you could make an anti-patch and revert the previous version that way to be safe.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • doofenH (04-22-2022)

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(04-22-2022, 09:25 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3312/

I'm not sure about applying it over the previous version, maybe give it a shot and if nothing breaks in the Colosseum menu, then you're probably safe. HatZen might come back to answer this for sure, but that's what I would do in the meantime.
Alternatively, if you still have the previous version patch laying around, you could make an anti-patch and revert the previous version that way to be safe.

It work. I had already apply V1.0, and then after applying V1.1, nothing wrong occurred with the reward display on the right too.
  Find