Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Coliseum normal battle

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Anyway to turn some of the coliseum battles into a normal one? The battles I had in mind are Chupon & Siegfried using their battle scripts. 

What are the battle formation # for those two inside the coliseum?

Or how about turn off the random command inputs, & instead we input normally but only with 1 character? If can, then can I still prevent some commands like Items & Control?

Or, anyone got an alternative coliseum mod?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
HatZen's True Duel patch makes it so you can input commands: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1099/
It's just a 1-byte change but does the trick!

The formation of all Coliseum battles is index 575, it is labeled as 'Pugs' but that's actually just a placeholder for any monster to be used in it, which is handled elsewhere in the actual Coliseum code.

You can put Siegfried or Chupon in another formation to battle them outside of the Coliseum, but you'll need to add more to their AI script to make it interesting - as it is, they have just one attack they can use. The Coliseum makes it seem like they have more, but that's because the Coliseum fights use the monsters' Control commands, for instance Siegfried uses Battle, HyperDrive, Shrapnel, and Battle.

All Coliseum battles use the Control commands and not the actual AI script. This patch also by HatZen called Selectable Script can allow for the Coliseum battles to utilize their AI script instead of the Control commands: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...ol+command

Keep in mind HatZen's patches require the ROM to be headered.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(04-05-2022, 02:28 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: HatZen's True Duel patch makes it so you can input commands: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1099/
It's just a 1-byte change but does the trick!

Weird. I know for sure that my "mod" rom is 1.0 & with header, but the game crash. And when I try randomly, by off on header, it did not crash, but nothing happened. 

According to the file's note pad, the changed 1-byte is this. 

C2/0932 D0 00 BNE $0934

It maybe a while since I used HxD, but I did go to hex 020932 (once I unheader the rom), and change 32 10, to D0 00, but crash (after return to header). The same is true, when I edited header rom with HxD, & it still crash, 32 29.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Open up a hex editor and go to C2/0933 and change the byte to $00, so that the instruction becomes D0 00 (BNE $0934).
You still had the header applied when you went to C2/0933 evidently... Are you maybe confusing when the ROM is headered and when it's not? Use SNEStuff to apply or remove the header to be positive: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/841/

[Image: VeUtOzL.png]

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • doofenH (04-05-2022)

Status
None
(04-05-2022, 03:49 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Open up a hex editor and go to C2/0933 and change the byte to $00, so that the instruction becomes D0 00 (BNE $0934).
You still had the header applied when you went to C2/0933 evidently... Are you maybe confusing when the ROM is headered and when it's not? Use SNEStuff to apply or remove the header to be positive: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/841/

[Image: VeUtOzL.png]

Got it. The rom was unheaded when I was using the HxD & SNEStuff. Unfortunately, I did not spot the D0 part until a few hex down the line until later. (sigh)

But anyway how to remove item or other commands that were originally cannot be used?
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Not without some further and most likely extensive assembly hacking. What this change does is simply make it so the character acts like normal and can use whatever commands they normally have access to. It won't block off or remove the commands that were excluded when it was set to random, because that code is no longer being utilized.

Status
None
Is there a script that allow the K.Oed character, or under status (like Imp or Poison) to fully restore their HP, MP, & remove all negative status, after they win or lose the coliseum battle?

Does anyone have a better coliseum events codes, or ideas where save scumming is NOT encourage? Like no wages are lost. Or auto-save before the battle.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-07-2022, 12:54 AM)doofenH Wrote: Is there a script that allow the K.Oed character, or under status (like Imp or Poison) to fully restore their HP, MP, & remove all negative status, after they win or lose the coliseum battle?

It can be done by event. The colosseum fight is at $CB78E9, if you put a hook (B2 command) at $CB7972, you can do your restore/remove HP/MP/status there. It will work for every colosseum fight except the Shadow one, which the after fight event is from $CB78F4 to $CB796B. However there is a branch to $CB7972 if you exit the item choosing menu ($CB78DD) so you might want to copy the $CB7972 code elsewhere and branch to that for this case to prevent HP/MP restore by simply entering and exiting the item betting menu. There might be a better way to do this, idk.
  Find

Status
None
Will moving Sr Behemoth (Undead), Marshel, Allo Ver, & Gigantos to above 255 slot, but also update its monster formation 452 for the boss fight, prevent them from appearing in veldt? I'm sure it is the monster formation that appear in veldt.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-09-2022, 03:04 AM)doofenH Wrote: Will moving Sr Behemoth (Undead), Marshel, Allo Ver, & Gigantos to above 255 slot, but also update its monster formation 452 for the boss fight, prevent them from appearing in veldt?

This is how monster appear on the veldt:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid11024

First it will never brach in that function if the "Don't appear on Veldt" proprerty is checked (which can be done in FF3usME). Then it will check if the monster number is over 255. If it's the case the monster is considered as a boss and the formation won't appear on the veldt unless unless one of the other monster of the formation as a number below 256. Then it will check if the formation number of the monster is over 511. If it's the case, the formation won't appear on th veldt, no matter what number the monster has.
  Find