Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Right...I see what you’re getting at...I could just repurpose the check.

Well, I've got even better news today. I patched in the Complete Graphic Uncensored hack over your DP build and it worked. I may have been using a dirty rom before... The graphics aren't totally perfect, battle sprites are pretty corrupted, but it only seems to be affecting uncensored sprites, and it only happens during battles (so far). Plus, I've expanded the rom, so I can import my new appended script when I'm finished with it. Now I just need to figure out how to patch in the Restored Ability Names without the whole thing exploding in my face.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I've added Shadow to the ending cutscene. It was a lot more difficult than I anticipated. The game actually sneaks in a spot where Shadow is removed from the party. I found out it does that to prevent a graphical overflow with the number of sprites in memory. Adding him back in caused an overflow, and all of a sudden the flying birds towards the end turned into Terra. Anyway, I removed Mog instead, since he's not on the deck of the airship in Divergent Paths. I've got a couple more small tweaks I'll do this afternoon, like touching up some dialogue, and then I'll put out a new patch.

EDIT: Version 1.3 added on the first post, and submitted to RHDN.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • rhonryderz (02-27-2022)

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
X-Zone
(02-27-2022, 11:34 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: I've added Shadow to the ending cutscene. It was a lot more difficult than I anticipated. The game actually sneaks in a spot where Shadow is removed from the party. I found out it does that to prevent a graphical overflow with the number of sprites in memory. Adding him back in caused an overflow, and all of a sudden the flying birds towards the end turned into Terra. Anyway, I removed Mog instead, since he's not on the deck of the airship in Divergent Paths. I've got a couple more small tweaks I'll do this afternoon, like touching up some dialogue, and then I'll put out a new patch.

EDIT: Version 1.3 added on the first post, and submitted to RHDN.

Finish the game. I finally view the ending scene. I would like to say that this is the BEST hack ever.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rhonryderz for this post:
  • PowerPanda (03-03-2022)

Threads: 11
Status
None
I won’t lie, stories about the sheer amount of work you’ve had to put into this game, terrify me just a little bit. Even simple changes I’d like to make to the vanilla FF6 seem like heroic tasks in my mind. Hopefully, I’ll be up to the task once I start messing around with your build of FF6.
  Find

Status
None
If the game had intended 16 characters from the start, it would have been simple. Adding it in after the fact was much harder than I ever anticipated. Had I known how much work it would take from the start, I don't think I ever would have started. That's part of why I don't want to put out any more updates. Some of Madsiur's recent work is amazing, and I'd love to include it. However, I have almost no free bytes left, and I don't want it to break anything else. That being said, I'm very proud of what I was able to accomplish with this hack.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Joshua H. (03-04-2022)

Status
None
The tiniest of tiny updates today. I forgot to fix the checksum when I released v1.3. Does it matter? No. Will it bug me if the last version ever release has a wonky checksum? Yes.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
@powerpanda

So I finally just finished Divergent Paths today.
The short review: This is the DEFINITIVE version of how FF6 should have been finalized. To me this wasn't a hack, this was someone finishing the game for the team. AND that get me rock hard.

Slightly Longer Review:

Gameplay: Loved the changes to characters abilities. I had seen some people complain that Edgar's tools were disposable, BUT I LOVED THAT! This made me preplan my runs with Edgar and forced me to Buy 10 of whatever tool I knew I was gonna use more. Changing Sabin's Suplex to "Down, Up, Down" *Chef's Kiss*. Fixing Cyan's Bushido timer IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Same with Gau learning from all encounters rather than from just the Veldt.

Audio: Having William Kage make Leo's Theme song was wonderful. He really nailed the music and sound fonts for FF6.

Overall: A must play by any FF6 fan. This is truly how the game should have been released , storywise.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to General_Leo for this post:
  • PowerPanda (09-19-2022)

Status
None
Announcement

I am releasing 2 more patches for Divergent Paths. 1 will come pretty immediately, and 1 will come later on.

Version 1.4 - Bugfixes and Attack Animations
* Fixes 2 softlocks: One in Leo's recruitment if you recruited Cyan first, and the other in the Auction House if you bid on Golem without sufficient funds.
* Damage Overflow Fix (affects Gauntlet, Bracers, Earrings, Atlas Armlet, Hero Ring, and Atma Weapon)
* Atma Weapon can be used with both Bracers and Gauntlets.
* Ragnarok's levelup bonus corrected to "MP+50%" (it was "Speed+2")
* Animation changes for Enhancer, Rune Edge, Master Fist (renamed to Pummel Fist), and the "Limit" Desperation Attack. (Thanks, DrakeyC!)

Version 2.0 - Improvements and Community Hooks
--save files will be compatible with any 1.0 version--
* Improve Sketch and Control to use the caster's stats
* Improve Colosseum item display
* Improve Desperation Attack calculation to take into account how many characters are standing. IE - all 4 characters standing is a low chance, but only 1 character standing means it's virtually guaranteed.
* Implement the International Signs patch

* Import the dialogue script revisions from TWUE
* Add MSU-1 Audio Support
* Launch Retro Achievements

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
There was another insufficient funds event bug, I don't know if you've caught it yet. When Gau steals Banon's pouch with 500 g in it (in Gau's treasure cave on the Veldt), if you don't have enough money the game branches to the drop off cutscene at the bottom of Barren Falls. It was present in version 1.1.
Code:
CBC55F: {85-F4-01}            Take 500 GP from party [Go ahead and replace this with FD FD FD too]
CBC562: {C0-BE-81-B4-C5-01}   If ($1E80($1BE [Insufficient funds]) [$1EB7, bit 6] is set), branch to $ CBC5B4
The problem is CBC5B4 is in the middle of an event that was reworked. (Could just replace the branch with six FDs, since Banon's gold isn't really PARTY gold)

Excited about the shop signs and the Colosseum changes.
  Find

Status
None
Oh, dang! That's been a problem since the original release of the 3 scenarios in 2017! That was early on in my days of event editing, and I didn't understand how everything worked at that point. I think I'll probably just dummy it out, and not remove the 500GP.

EDIT: I did a search on the event bit that is set if you do not have enough money, and checked every single branch in the game to make sure there were no more hidden errors. I found one, which is that I had kept the wrong GP deduction for purchasing Sraphim. In Divergent Paths, he does not sell to you in the WoB, and in the WoR, he charges you 3000 GP. However, the old code was left, and he actually only took 10 GP from you. All the rest of the branches were correct.

Projects:
  Find