Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
(10-13-2021, 03:06 PM)Joshua H. Wrote: Are there fan-fic out there about Banon and Gestahl being brothers on the internet?  I’m busy retooling the vanilla script and could make use of a story thread like that.  It’ll work perfectly for a rewrite of Divergent Paths I plan on porting the script over to...

I've never heard that.  Banon's canonically from South Figaro so it seems unlikely he and Gestahl are brothers, especially given their wide gap in age.  It's not impossible but it's highly improbable.  Someone (possibly Fathlo, I can't recall) suggested that players could pretend that Gogo was Banon driven mad after the world unzipped; there was also talk about Banon falling into the research facility after the banquet (I think Catone pitched that one), but I can't think of any other narratives for him.

Most people steer clear of Banon because he's a wildly unpopular character.  Not sure why... probably because of his game-over flag and low stats (The opposite of the General Leo effect).  It's funny how gameplay can impact a person's impression of a fictional character.  Doesn't help that the game itself just forgets about him shortly after the banquet.  PowerPanda's move to shoulder Banon with the repeated blunders of the new magitek war (Open the gate, agree to help the emperor, believe the emperor's promises, and hand the espers over to Gestahl yet AGAIN) was actually a really good move... it turns into the swerve of Banon being a hateable character.  He tries to redeem the outcome but the effort is too little and too late; Divergent Paths shifts the failure of Thamasa off Leo's shoulders onto Banon.

Good for Leo, bad for Banon, but it does reduce the impact of the character death.  Given PowerPanda's goals with the hack, though, I'd say it's a worthwhile trade.

The only other person I can think of who ever did anything different with Banon (in a vanilla plot context) is me.  I think--again--that his low stats and his game-over flag have left a lingering stink on him and it's difficult for veteran players to see him in any other light than 'dead weight'.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • Joshua H. (10-14-2021)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hhhhmm...thanks for this. I know I’ll have to rewrite the Thamasa dialog when I port my script over, but now that you mention it, Banon’s presence as a character may be to damaged to clean up with back story/lore. I’ve been excited about some of the clean up work I’ve been doing in regards to the world building of the vanilla script and will post that later - on my own thread. Almost done with my first edit of the second draft.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Happy Thanksgiving. Version 1.2 is released! All of you can thank Gi Nattak for this, as without his help, it might not have happened. He's the one that cataloged the bugs, offered solutions for around half of them, and then did the testing on the final release.

MAJOR FIXES
* Gi Nattak believes he has figured out and fixed the Mog Sprite glitch, where Mog is stuck facing forward, and his bottom half looks like MissingNo. Both Gi and I have played through the World of Balance, and neither of us has seen the sprite glitch. Fingers crossed, it is fixed. Note that this glitch affects the save file itself, so it will only be fixed on new games. The Save File Archive included with this release does not have it fixed.
* The calculation for Desperation Attacks (Limit) has been corrected, so that they will only occur 25% of the time when you are low on health. The 2nd DA (LimitBreak) that some of you found is still in the game, but it is much harder to trigger.

MINOR FIXES
* Opera Lyrics don't run over if you fail to make a selection for the 3rd stanza.
* Celes does not sometimes get stuck facing left in the Razing of Vector intro scene.
* The Ultros fight in the Espers Cave (Relm's intro) plays boss music, and not the normal battle music. This is a bug from vanilla.
* Banon doesn't start KOed if Kamog falls in the Moogle Battle.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (11-25-2021), TBranford (11-25-2021)

Threads: 1
Status
None
Hi Power Panda,

Awesome!!! Thank you for the update!!!

It's really impressive the love you, Madsuir, Gi Nattak and the other members of FFVI Hack community bring in your projects!

I think the FFVI fans this year had the joy to play two amazing projects, Divergent Paths and T-Edition full English translation, thanks to you and Tomato (lol I love his nickname).

FFVI is a game that I really love and is so good to have opportunity to replay with passionate projects like yours.

I'm currently playing T-Edition for the first time, but I know I'll probably miss the changes you added in the game, specially Leo. You did such an amazing job with his character. I'll probably replay DP again soon with the new version to check it out!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving and thank you for your commitment!!! =)

PS: I still ship SabinxTerra really hard... Lol
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Is there any way to recruit Mog in the world of balance with the Divergent paths hack?
  Find

Status
None
(01-09-2022, 11:41 PM)Tibrious Wrote: Is there any way to recruit Mog in the world of balance with the Divergent paths hack?

Yes. Mog recruitment has not changed from vanilla.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Okay then I have finished the Thamasa scenario, and I am now at the floating continent portion of the game and yet when I go to the frozen esper in Narshe, I am not able to confront lone wolf or Mog, What am I doing wrong?

Never mind I'm a moron, I forgot you had to look for the locked treasure chest first... It's been a while since I last played the game, I was just paranoid about missing out on the extra content in the world of ruin. If squaresoft or square enix or skynet or whatever in the future decide to make a director's cut version of this game they ought to bring you on as a consultant, because I am enjoying this thus far. Between this and the general Leo edition it's like I'm playing a brand new Final Fantasy 6.
  Find

Status
None
I'll note that if you DID miss Mog, you'd still be able to learn Water Rondo in the World of Ruin. lThe "Aquatic Caves" patch, which turns the cave to the ancient castle into a Water Rondo battleground, was one of my first FF6 hacks.

Projects:
  Find

Status
None
Also I just thought of something where do you find the relic to grant general Leo the shock and awe ability?
  Find

Status
None
Leo has a sidequest in the World of Ruin. If you open all of the chests in that sidequest, you'll get it.

Projects:
  Find