Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tower of Fanatics Warp

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Anyone found a way to warp out of the Tower anytime with an exception on getting the Gem-Box to trigger MagiMaster fight, or put a NPC on top of the tower that warp the party out of the tower? Because naturally, backtracking is a total buzzkill.
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
You can enable Warp on all the maps except in the treasure room at the top, and move the Magimaster event trigger to just outside the door (so you'll automatically trigger the event when exiting the treasure room). That way, you can warp at any time before getting the Gem Box, and at any time after fighting Magimaster.
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
IIRC using warp in Fanatic Tower will cause you to not get your commands back so you have to work that out before having a working Warp in that place.

Find

Status
None
How about a shortcut, or a door at the very top of the tower that teleport the party in front of the entrance within the tower? That way, we can just press down and leave the tower naturally.
  Find

Threads: 20
Status
None
(05-11-2021, 09:38 AM)Warrax Wrote: IIRC using warp in Fanatic Tower will cause you to not get your commands back so you have to work that out before having a working Warp in that place.

Fedorajoe allowed Warping in the Fanatics Tower in the General Leo Edition, but unfortunately you have to walk one step back inside the tower and one step back outside to get your commands back.  It works, but it's an ugly hack. An exit from the top of the tower might actually be nice.  It's too nerve-racking walking back down the tower after successfully killing Magi Master and all. That is if you beat the tower the normal way without the Moogle Charm (which I always choose to do). Another option would be a save point at the top of the tower after beating Magi Master.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
You could, alternatively, change the Magimaster battle event to do 1 of 2 things:
1. Offer you a dialogue box with a chance to warp to the bottom.
2. At CC/5583, it reloads the roof as a shortcut to get rid of all of the NPCs. You could change this to instead place your party at the foot of the tower.

One other possibility is just to edit the Warp subroutine, from CA/0108 to CA/0153. At CA/0138 and CA/013E, there are "special handlers" for warping out of Kefka's Tower and the Phoenix Cave. clearing all of your parties and setting Setzer as the lead character. (Note that the Phoenix Cave one is fully functional, but dummied out because the Phoenix Cave maps have the "can warp" flag unset. Setting those flags will allow you to warp out of Phoenix Cave.) You could add another check in here that checks for the event bit that replaces the Fight command, and have a special warp subroutine that removes that bit (the hex to remove that bit is "B9 38"), then places you on the world map. Actually, there would be little harm in just adding B9 38 to the subroutine in general, as there's no way to be somewhere OTHER than the Fanatic's tower with it set.

EDIT: I tried the method in the 2nd paragraph, adding "B9 38" to the warp subroutine, then enabling warp in all places of the Fanatic's Tower except for the roof and gem box room. It worked. It required 7 bytes of free space in the event blocks (CA-CC) though.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • doofenH (05-11-2021), madsiur (05-14-2021), Warrax (05-11-2021)

Status
None
I'm going with the CC/5583 method, and it work. I done it by using FF6LE to find the ID, & just up 6c to 6a for the entrance. However, I can't seem to find a doc that convert $016c to hex, so I don't get how 6c= $016c.
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
(05-11-2021, 01:15 PM)Lightning Wrote: Fedorajoe allowed Warping in the Fanatics Tower in the General Leo Edition, but unfortunately you have to walk one step back inside the tower and one step back outside to get your commands back.  It works, but it's an ugly hack. An exit from the top of the tower might actually be nice.  It's too nerve-racking walking back down the tower after successfully killing Magi Master and all. That is if you beat the tower the normal way without the Moogle Charm (which I always choose to do).  Another option would be a save point at the top of the tower after beating Magi Master.

I'm not a fan of half-assed changes so I kept warp disabled for Fanatic Tower in my hack and had a teleport instead, indeed this place is annoying to come back down. What PowerPanda suggested is much more proper and clean.

(05-11-2021, 01:27 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: EDIT: I tried the method in the 2nd paragraph, adding "B9 38" to the warp subroutine, then enabling warp in all places of the Fanatic's Tower except for the roof and gem box room. It worked. It required 7 bytes of free space in the event blocks (CA-CC) though.

I added B9 38 to the Warp subroutine at CA/0144 and it worked, awesome! Is there actually room in CA-CC? I had to move the subroutine to EF.

Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(05-11-2021, 10:12 PM)Warrax Wrote: I added B9 38 to the Warp subroutine at CA/0144 and it worked, awesome! Is there actually room in CA-CC? I had to move the subroutine to EF.

The 7 bytes come from having to relocate other code and put a "Call Subroutine" (B2, 4 bytes) in its place. I chose to create a subroutine that disabled $1CC, $1CD, and the Fanatic's Tower event bit, which was 6 bytes plus a 7th to end it with an FE. In the original routine, I put the Call Subroutine in place of the $1CC and $1CD event bits. There are 18 bytes available in vanilla that you COULD use for this. I have tons of leftover space from all of my rewrites though, so I used that. The other possibility is to replace the section of the warp routine that checks if you are in the Phoenix Cave, though I would imagine that if you're enabling warp for the Fanatic's Tower, you've already done so for the Phoenix Cave too.

doofenH, the $016A is already in hex. You replacing the 6C with a 6A is all you should need to do.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find