Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thanks, glad I asked! I was about to enter Kefka's Tower, too! Now I won't even go near it. I'll kill the Earth Dragon in the Opera House again, then. I did go into the tunnels beneath Figaro Castle and raided the chests, but I did not trigger the event in the Ancient Castle entrance past the underground save point. Hope that's still okay. Everything else I was supposed to do, I did. Got fifteen characters now.
EDIT: Do I need to avoid uncursing the Paladin Shield? I know you said there would be some sort of event that involved using that item later.
EDIT: I can't equip Umaro with the Rage Ring. But the description says, "Equip on a sasquatch and..."
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Oh yeah that reminds me, the Dried Meat was supposed to cure Rage status if I recall correctly, but it doesn't in the beta.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Status
None
Been playing through and I'm rounding folks up in WoR. Here's what issues I've encountered so far:

Moogle in Classroom has a typo: "Diverent Paths"
Cyan on Phantom train: "I believe we're stuck.!"
In the "Licentous Howler" scene in Nikeah during Sabin/Edgar scenario, Edgar's movement after being called a child happens too late (after an extra line of dialog)

Opera:
--Locke's line should be "That ribbon...it suits you." (there is an extra capitalized letter currently)
--Maybe change "You'd better check the score one last time" to "You'd better check the score again, even if you're sure you know it by heart." just to keep people from being caught off guard by the changes

Vector post Banquet:
Arvis says "Team up with the Empire to track down an Esper", maybe should be "track down the Espers"?

Floating Continent: Mog's sprite sheet is super busted when you get to the statues (position 3, party Terra/Leo/Mog)

Gau does not level balance in the WoR (I can't remember if this is normal though?)

If Gau is HP critical and doing a rage that includes "attack" he will sometimes do "limit"

Otherwise I've really enjoyed the changes! The Three Scenarios felt like it always should have been that way. Same with Leo's changes as a whole.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ranatalus for this post:
  • PowerPanda (01-25-2021)

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Don't worry about the Paladin Shield. The event won't happen when you uncurse it, but when you have it equipped at Banon's grave.

Good catch on the Rage Ring; I'll get it fixed. Note that in this hack Umaro can do his ally throw without the Rage Ring. The Storm is still locked behind the Blizzard Orb, since you may want to unequip it. The Rage Ring gives him a combo of True Knight/Zephyr Cape.

For the Dried Meat, it is working correctly on my rom. Can you open up your rom in FF3usME and check the item flags on it?

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • casualtom (01-25-2021), ranatalus (01-25-2021)

Status
None
Okay great, so I'm safe even though I raided the chests leading up to the Ancient Castle, beat the Master Tonberry and got the Gradius, etc. but did not trigger the event at the actual Castle entrance. If I was really not supposed to even raid those chests and get the Gradius, etc. then please let me know. Also just want to make absolutely sure - do not even enter Kefka's Tower. I had planned to defeat the goddess statues and just back out from there, but for now I have not even triggered the event that plays the first time you try to land on the tower. Sorry if I'm being annoying but just want to be absolutely clear on those two.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Oh, nevermind about Dried Meat not curing Rage, I just tested this more thoroughly. I think what might have happened was I tried to cure *Berserk* and the enemy just re-Berserked the party member I cured, and I just didn't notice lmao
That's my bad.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Scorcher for this post:
  • PowerPanda (01-26-2021)

Status
None
I found the source of the Mog issue. In the original game, Mog is actually written to slot $0D (Vanilla: Umaro, Divergent Paths: Leo). I had to change all of the events to write to slot $0A because Leo is introduced and named DURING Sabin's scenario.

At the end of the 3 scenarios, during the scene where everyone gathers in Narshe, the event (CC/B4DA) starts off by deleting all character objects and recreating them. I forgot to edit this scene, so it never deletes object $0A. So when Mog shows up on the screen, he shows up in the last pose he was in for an event, which is facing downards. It will be fixed in the next release, but note that the fix will not affect your save file; it will only fix it for new games.

(01-25-2021, 02:24 PM)ranatalus Wrote: Been playing through and I'm rounding folks up in WoR. Here's what issues I've encountered so far:

Let me respond in line.

Moogle in Classroom has a typo: "Diverent Paths" - Fixed. I actually removed the reference to the hack itself, for stylistic purposes.
Cyan on Phantom train: "I believe we're stuck.!" - Script does not contain this error.
In the "Licentous Howler" scene in Nikeah during Sabin/Edgar scenario, Edgar's movement after being called a child happens too late (after an extra line of dialog) - Not an error. Edgar should hold his shocked face for 3 seconds, even as the event continues. Time stopped for Edgar, but not for anyone else.

Opera:
--Locke's line should be "That ribbon...it suits you." (there is an extra capitalized letter currently) - Fixed.
--Maybe change "You'd better check the score one last time" to "You'd better check the score again, even if you're sure you know it by heart." just to keep people from being caught off guard by the changes - Interesting note, but I don't think I'll make that change. The wrong lines are so obviously wrong. Note that the lyrical changes are to the official English lyrics, re-written for the Distant Worlds series of albums.

Vector post Banquet:
Arvis says "Team up with the Empire to track down an Esper", maybe should be "track down the Espers"? - Fixed

Floating Continent: Mog's sprite sheet is super busted when you get to the statues (position 3, party Terra/Leo/Mog) - Fixed, I think.

Gau does not level balance in the WoR (I can't remember if this is normal though?) - Yes, this is normal, unfortunately. The developers cut a corner here, and made Gau's recruitment the exact same as simply recovering him from the Veldt.

If Gau is HP critical and doing a rage that includes "attack" he will sometimes do "limit" - This is not a mistake. It is intentional.

Otherwise I've really enjoyed the changes! The Three Scenarios felt like it always should have been that way. Same with Leo's changes as a whole. - I'm glad you're enjoying it. Now if I can only find time to finish it!

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • ranatalus (01-29-2021)

Status
None
Version 0.81 has been uploaded to the main post. Fixes in this version:

1. You can finish the cutscene at Gau's Father's house, getting Gau's Fight command. Previously, it would hard lock the game due to a bug.
2. I THINK Mog's field sprite is fixed, but it will only be fixed for saves that have not finished the 3 scenarios yet. Anything beyond that will remain how it is.
3. Rage Ring is now equippable by Umaro. This is a VERY good item for Umaro, giving him a combination of True Knight + Beads, plus some elemental protection.
4. There are various spelling and grammar fixes. This includes the Impressario not trying to give you Terrato over and over again.
5. Leo has been added to the cutscene where the world breaks apart, and also the cutscene where you enter Kefka's tower. He does not have a speaking part in either, so this is a minor change.
5. About half of the ancient castle has been finished. There is a barrier that will kick you out unless you have Leo and Terra in your party. You can go into the castle and loot it for treasures, but do not talk to the queen yet, as you will miss out on a cutscene that hasn't been built yet.
NOTE 1: The only items that cannot be obtained yet are the Illumina and the Odin Magicite. Otherwise, a full playthrough is possible.
NOTE 2: Please note that the 16th character is NOT finished yet, and is not obtainable in the beta. She will require extensive playtesting before she's ready for public consumption.

I want to give a shoutout to CasualTom, who has been doing a playthrough of Divergent Paths on Twitch. (He also did a ReCast Playthrough, btw.) His Youtube channel contains videos highlighting the some of the major changes, if you want to see what has been done.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...TrU0i4ad97

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • rhonryderz (02-04-2021)

Status
None
Hi all, having a bit of trouble applying the patch:

I've tried the FFIII US (Rev 1) and the FF III (U) V1.0 roms, added an empty header using NSRT Frontend.
Applied the patch with Lunar and SNESROMUtil.
After I patch it, it's crashing at the first encounter in Narshe.

Any thoughts? (apologies in advance if it's an obviously dumb problem)
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Here are the valid MD5 checksums for "Final Fantasy III (U) (V1.0) [!].smc":

Code:
headerless: e986575b98300f721ce27c180264d890
headered:   7161afb7730f462cb713f8380ca6e4ab (with 512 "00" added as header)

You can check the MD5 of your ROM here, if your headerless ROM doesn't match the headerless MD5 checksum, you have a bad ROM or a v1.1, if it's the same you have a problem with patching or adding the header:

https://emn178.github.io/online-tools/md5_checksum.html
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • crudhinatr (02-05-2021), PowerPanda (02-04-2021)