Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello,

Is there a readme somewhere of the mechanical changes of the game? Specifically, just looking for information about what stats affect what things and how. It gets tedious savestating, testing an ability, eating a bunch of tabs, then testing again to figure out what affects what when it would be a lot easier just to have a list of abilities and what stats affect them. It helps with character building as well.

Thanks in advance,
CWolf
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Hi there, and welcome! Aside from the readme/credits listing what patches were used and coding changes, which are indeed quite vague in terms of what they do exactly just by the name, I did include a .txt in the hack package 'info' zip file called 'School of Learning', which I added some gameplay changes to what those scholar NPCs already say in the vanilla School of Learning, but I'm sure a lot of important stuff was left out. I will make an effort to update it with more useful hack-change info before the next update.

I'm not too sure what I'd say about stats though, they are basically the same as the vanilla game...except they work as intended lol.
Magic will raise magic-type attack damage.
Might is just a renamed Vigor increases Physical Damage.
Speed is speed, makes you faster lol.
Stamina has received the most attention, as the formula relating to damage/healing was tweaked, and also helps with blocking % on Sleep, Slow, and Drain spells. Also the higher the Stamina stat, the more HP will be gained upon level up. ALSO, the higher the stamina the more HP you will gain by walking around in places that allow you to 'step-heal', which is a feature of the hack.

I could elaborate more on which stat effects what character skill, either individually or as a whole, that's what I believe you mean now that I think about it... for that I probably wouldn't put it in the 'School of Learning' .txt document just to avoid character spoilers, but a separate document could be created for it. Someday we place to possibly create a legit strategy guide/instructional booklet with all possible info (and art), but that is most likely far off still.

Anyway, hope this helps some!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Could you provide a SHA256 hash for the correct ROM to be patched? I can provide instructions for how to do this on Windows 10 via powershell.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Sure, here is what I have for the ROM patching info:
CRC32 A27F1C7A
MD5 E986575B98300F721CE27C180264D890
SHA-1 4F37E4274AC3B2EA1BEDB08AA149D8FC5BB676E7
SHA-256 0F51B4FCA41B7FD509E4B8F9D543151F68EFA5E97B08493E4B2A0C06F5D8D5E2

Pretty sure this is the Final Fantasy III (U) (V1.0) [!].smc, which is the correct ROM to patch to.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello good, I love your game, I have already spent it more than once and I am always attentive to updates, but I wanted to know, is there any way to use again some characters that join temporarily? Example Hector, or climson blades
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-27-2022, 07:42 AM)Crislago Wrote: Hello good, I love your game, I have already spent it more than once and I am always attentive to updates, but I wanted to know, is there any way to use again some characters that join temporarily? Example Hector, or climson blades

Those are guest characters in slots 15 and 16. In the World of Ruin, those two slots are used by Reaper and Astral (?) you can get with the doll items. Sadly you can't have more than 16 characters.
  Find