Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Song instruments locations?

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
Sneak
Hi. Firstly, I would like to apologize if my question doesn't make sense and I'm just overlooking something obvious.

So, what I want to do is to simply change the instruments in the song "Kids Run Through the City".

According to Gi Nattak's General Music Hacking guide: "there are two banks in the ROM we are going to look at. The first one determines the instruments used in each song. That exists at Hex Address:  "054195" through "054C34". There are 32 available bytes for each song's instruments. Each instrument assignment uses 2 bytes thus allowing for a total of 16 instruments."

Ok. So, it seems that all I need to do is to go to that section (054195 through 054C34), find the song "Kids Run Through the City" and change whatever instruments I want there. 

The problem is; how do I find the song I want among all the others? I don't think it should be hard to find the locations, but if so, someone has probably written a document about it and I just couldn't find it.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
You have the song indexes here. You need to do $053F95 + (song ID * $20) to get the right offset. $053F95 is the base address if your ROM is unheadered.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • tomilho (03-21-2020)

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
Sneak
(03-21-2020, 11:07 PM)madsiur Wrote: You have the song indexes here. You need to do $053F95 + (song ID * $20) to get the right offset. $053F95 is the base address if your ROM is unheadered.

Wow. This answer was quick. Thanks!   Victory
  Find