Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Relm's Sketch edit

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Anyone know how to edit the sketch cmd to use the target's LV instead of Relm, or use Relm stats (Magic, Vigor & etc) instead of the enemies?
  Find

Threads: 4
Status
None
What convenient timing!  I could use this as well, is it possible to use the targets Vigor (since it's around 60 and unlikely that the player will build Relm's Vigor higher) but Relm's Magic Pwr. ?  Though, I think the base battle pwr. for enemy sketch/control commands is low so even with good Vigor it won't be dealing much damage...
At least the spells could become decent.
  Find

Threads: 4
Status
None
Just letting you know, Seibaby posted some .asm code that can be turned into a patch for this issue.  It's a thread titled "How to make Sketch not suck".
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
Yep, Seibaby did indeed list the ASM coding for that. The only issue is newbies don't know how to apply ASM coding.

Here's Seibaby's thread to make Sketch not suck. https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3478.html

And here's a youtube link for how to apply ASM coding to patch ROM's with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu8Jr1-QRY8
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Robo Jesus for this post:
  • doofenH (01-16-2020)

Status
None
(01-14-2020, 07:05 AM)Robo Jesus Wrote: The only issue is newbies don't know how to apply ASM coding.

And here's a youtube link for how to apply ASM coding to patch ROM's with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu8Jr1-QRY8

I watch the youtube, but some corruption happened to the rom. 

I 1st copy & paste the patch code onto a notepad, and then turn the "txt" into "asm". 

I did the youtube 1st method, and the game work. However, once I enter a fight, the screen turn black and nothing move. What went wrong?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
(01-16-2020, 02:49 AM)doofenH Wrote: What went wrong?

Anyone's guess really. I'm going to guess that the ROM you're patching the ASM to probably has a header, in which case you'd want to remove the ; character from the ASM file at the top where it says ;header. The ; before the header is saying that it is not headered, which would cause it to patch 200 bytes off causing...bad things. Or, alternatively you can remove the header with a hex editor or SNEStuff and try the ASM patch again. If you're not sure what a header is, to quote the wiki:

A header is 0x200 bytes of padding at the beginning of the ROM. There's not really a functional difference between a headered and an unheadered ROM, but you have to take into account the extra bytes when you are hacking. We suggest you use none and apply one only when you are applying a patch requiring one or use an editor requiring one. It will simplify your life. You can add / remove headers with an utility like SNEStuff.

If this is not the issue of your crash, I am not sure. Shrug

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Found the problem. It is because I used version 1.1, instead of 1.0. No idea why that make the different as I'd been playing & hacking with 1.1 from the start.

Any patch for 1.1?

Or a guide on how to do it myself?
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Version 1.1 has some added code, which shifts nearly ALL code to different addresses. You need to use 1.0 for most patches (some patches have 1.1 version, most don't).

Do yourself a favor and switch to using 1.0. Nearly everything hacking-related is done on 1.0. You'll save time in the end.

By the way, if you want to use my patch, but want Sketch to use the TARGET's Level, Magic, or Vigor, all you need to do is look for these three lines in the code:

Code:
LDA $3B18,X     ;Level
[...]
LDA $3B41,X     ;Sketcher's Mag.Pwr
[...]
LDA $3B2C,X     ;Sketcher's Vigor * 2

Change the X to Y and it'll load the target's stats instead.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • doofenH (01-18-2020), Robo Jesus (01-19-2020)