Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Vanilla palette sprites

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
Sneak
So, here are some sprites that i've done in last days. They use the vanilla palettes, what is pretty cool.

[Image: uT16V1w.png]

So, this one is pretty simple, and it uses palette number 4 (Setzer's palette). Not much to say here :p

[Image: UkJ1p3x.png]

This one is a bit more complex, it uses Locke's palette.

Small size (palette bar on the top):
[Image: FG9nZpf.png]
[Image: JRo8UNl.png]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tomilho for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (01-04-2019)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Those are pretty cool! Good job!
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
I love how someone else does that [color palette at the top] so things go in order if you upload them.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
wow these aren't bad at all I'm impressed Smile

you did a good job using the limitations, I also like the attention to details despite the color limits, very nice

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 9
Thanks Given: 5
Status
Sneak
(12-22-2018, 04:28 PM)madsiur Wrote: Those are pretty cool! Good job!

(12-23-2018, 09:18 AM)Odbarc Wrote: I love how someone else does that [color palette at the top] so things go in order if you upload them.

Yeah haha, i had a lot of palette problems with the second sprite btw, so i think it's fair to facilitate the things a bit to you guys.

(12-23-2018, 10:55 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: wow these aren't bad at all I'm impressed Smile

you did a good job using the limitations, I also like the attention to details despite the color limits, very nice

Thanks man, Setzer's palette is pretty annoying since colors are almost all dark. Glad you like  Victory
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Splendid work sir.

I have a few custom sprites "on ice".

My only problem is, when I go to transfer them over to the Sprite Editor from GraphicsGale, I lose the colors I assigned them with. I do what the tutorial says about putting all of the color swatches in the proper order on the first pixel line - but they still come out wonky.

Can anybody point out things I can be doing wrong?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-04-2019, 09:46 AM)Quikdraw7777 Wrote: My only problem is, when I go to transfer them over to the Sprite Editor from GraphicsGale, I lose the colors I assigned them with. I do what the tutorial says about putting all of the color swatches in the proper order on the first pixel line - but they still come out wonky.

This technique work with FF3SE only. I think FF3usME has another way of assigning the palette, so if your colors import in the wrong order, chances are you don't respect the palette order used in FF6.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (01-05-2019)

Status
None
(01-04-2019, 01:13 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 09:46 AM)Quikdraw7777 Wrote: My only problem is, when I go to transfer them over to the Sprite Editor from GraphicsGale, I lose the colors I assigned them with. I do what the tutorial says about putting all of the color swatches in the proper order on the first pixel line - but they still come out wonky.

This technique work with FF3SE only. I think FF3usME has another way of assigning the palette, so if your colors import in the wrong order, chances are you don't respect the palette order used in FF6.

Which method would you recommend?
(aka is the easiest lol)
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-05-2019, 08:48 AM)Quikdraw7777 Wrote: Which method would you recommend?

First make sure your palette is in the order described here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...g_palettes
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • CrumpledMedal (01-05-2019), Quikdraw7777 (01-06-2019)

Status
Mental-Break
If there is a palette set in the image already, this will take precedence over the first line swatch. In other words, image imports must be either in 24bit color with a swatch, or in lower color depth with a properly ordered palette. FF3usME does not seem to load 24bit images saved by GraphicsGale in my experience, so setting up the palette order properly is the way to go.

Most reliable way in my experience to get things working smoothly is:
- Draw the swatch
- Set image to 24bit color (all frames -> color depth -> 24bpp/truecolor)
- Set image immediately back to 16 color (all frames -> color depth -> 4bpp/16 color)
- Save and import into FF3usME

Setting to 24bpp will remove all existing palette data in the image, since 24bpp is not a palettized format. Then returning to 16 color mode will create a new palette by reading the colors in the image, starting left to right at the top and moving down. The first thing it encounters is the swatch, so it populates all those colors first, in order.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to emberling for this post:
  • madsiur (01-06-2019)