Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thanks, got it working!

Assassin, good job on this patch; I can't believe I never noticed the lack of MP critical hits with the Illumina and Genji glove/Atma Weapon. There are quite a few bugs this patch fixes (I verified them all). I will definitely be including this in my mod!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Patch is looking good so far, no issues whatsoever.

I had to change B3 back to B2 for my hack (The "extra2" section in the ASM file) because otherwise it reduce the incentive for Melee-type characters to stay in the front row when using proc-based weapons. Procs doing half damage in back row might not make sense but it keeps balance in check. In Vanilla this is not a problem since 1. Illumina already ignores row 2. There's other things that are even more overpowered and 3. Game is extremely easy but this becomes a problem in hacks like mine where the focus is on balance.

Find

Status
None
(10-02-2018, 05:08 PM)Warrax Wrote: Patch is looking good so far, no issues whatsoever.

I had to change B3 back to B2 for my hack (The "extra2" section in the ASM file) because otherwise it reduce the incentive for Melee-type characters to stay in the front row when using proc-based weapons. Procs doing half damage in back row might not make sense but it keeps balance in check. In Vanilla this is not a problem since 1. Illumina already ignores row 2. There's other things that are even more overpowered and 3. Game is extremely easy but this becomes a problem in hacks like mine where the focus is on balance.

Eh, I missed that extra section 2.  What exactly does it change in the back row?  I don't know what Procs is...

Edit: Oh, are you talking about spellcasting weapons doing full damage in the back row? Actually, I kind of don't want that fix either. Warrax, can you tell me what you changed in the patch to get rid of this part of the patch?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
He said he changed the B3 value to B2 in the extra2 section of the ASM file, which must be this:

tsb $b3 ; next strike will default to no "Automatic Critical" and
; no "Factor in attacker row"

Changing it to B2 I guess leaves out the flag in question.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
I see now, but changing B3 to B2 will also mean the Illumina once again causes critical hits with Pearl. I would prefer full damage on back row spells than have the Illumina cause 6,000+ damage with a spell.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure it would actually, at least comparing it to the code Madsiur posted there which uses B2 in what appears to be the same kind of deal, and does no crits with weapon procs. Will have to see what someone who knows for sure says about that though, I'm not too confident lol.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(10-02-2018, 09:29 PM)Lightning Wrote: Eh, I missed that extra section 2.  What exactly does it change in the back row?  I don't know what Procs is...

I see now, but changing B3 to B2 will also mean the Illumina once again causes critical hits with Pearl.  I would prefer full damage on back row spells than have the Illumina cause 6,000+ damage with a spell.

Yes that was the section in question, sorry for lack of precision.
Proc is a term I got in World of Warcraft, it mean an attack triggered randomly.

You're right about the change I did, I wonder if there's a way for the proc to factor in attacker row while not being able to crit. This is not much of a concern to me tho because no weapons in my hack have "Use MP to inflict mortal blow" but yes, this is a problem when the weapons always crit.

Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Shell
Changing b3 to b2 is the wrong fix.
If you want to turn off ignore row, change the lda #$22 to lda #$02.
You can see what the various bits in b2 and b3 do on the wiki here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...battle_ram
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Subtraction for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (10-03-2018), Warrax (10-03-2018)

Status
None
I had my doubts on LDA opcode. I just tested the change and it works perfectly! Huge thanks!

Tho I fail very hard at reading the RAM page, I don't understand the difference between LDA #$02 and #$22
and what the"r" in front of "ignore attacker row" means ( r: ignore attacker row )

If anyone care to explain or have a guide to share.

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-03-2018, 11:56 AM)Warrax Wrote: If anyone care to explain or have a guide to share.

Code:
$B3 vgrm?ucb
        v: ignore vanish
        g: gauntlet is equipped ??? (Bat.Pwr *= 7/4)
        r: ignore attacker row
        m: ignore damage multiplier
        u: don't retarget, undead attack ???
        c: automatic critical hit ??
        b: blitz input failed

This is only a way to differentiate the bits, see vgrm?ucb as 76543210 (8 bits on a byte, reading from right to left). Each bit from right to left have a value of #$01, #$02, #$04, #$08, #$10, #$20 and #$40. So if you want to set two flags, like auto critical (#$02) and ignore attacker row (#$20), you do #$20 + #$02 = #$22. Setting all flags of the bytes would be LDA #$FF. TSB will set those flags to the byte while TRB would clear those flags.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Warrax (10-03-2018)