Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
EA won't work here, this is not ASM it's a script language like events. Unless EA is dummied like FD in events, but then again it's not a proper way to do this.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Gotcha. It shouldn't be hard to put this into a quick IPS patch. I've just run out of time for today. I'll get to it sometime this week, and I'll test it first.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thanks for looking in to this, Panda!  What exactly do you mean when you say these changes will break the throw command?  Are you only referring to the throw command when it is used with the Bolt Edge and Fire Skean?  Because the throw command is still used in my mod, but Fire Skeans and Bolt Edges no longer exist (nor do ninja stars or shurikens). The throw command in my mod is now only for Setzer, and he can only throw swords and knives that you want to get rid of (or blow a lot of money on). Gogo can also use throw. I just want to clarify before I apply the patch myself!  Thanks.
  Find

Status
None
(09-05-2018, 12:38 PM)Lightning Wrote: Thanks for looking in to this, Panda!  What exactly do you mean when you say these changes will break the throw command?  Are you only referring to the throw command when it is used with the Bolt Edge and Fire Skean?  Because the throw command is still used in my mod, but Fire Skeans and Bolt Edges no longer exist (nor do ninja stars or shurikens). The throw command in my mod is now only for Setzer, and he can only throw swords and knives that you want to get rid of (or blow a lot of money on). Gogo can also use throw. I just want to clarify before I apply the patch myself!  Thanks.

I mean that the Bolt Edge and Fire Skean will no longer work with the Throw command. Remember, the underlying issues are that (a) there are 2 copies of the Water Edge; one for Shadow's Throw, and one for the Ninja Rage, and (b) creating duplicate animations for the Fire Skean and Bolt Edge would be very difficult. So I've simply changed the Bolt Edge and Fire Skean to work with Rage and not Throw. For good measure, I also removed the step forward/step back from the Water Edge Rage and Throw animations, for consistency's sake. Here's your IPS. Tested and working. It applies to a 1.0 headered rom.

Attached Files
.zip  Scroll Animation Fix.zip (53.88 KB, 4 downloads)

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Hey Panda, I tried out your patch, and although it seems to work - it starts giving FF3usME a bug that makes the battle script editor fail to run. It says something like "FF3usME cannot compile Battle Scripts that are overlaped, have shared pointers, or that are switching banks. Battle Script Edition will not be available."

I did only have about 7 bytes free in the Battle Script editor last I checked, so perhaps your code uses up more bytes? I'm only speculating here.
  Find

Status
None
Does anyone know how to stop life spells and phoenix downs from killing certain undead creatures? The only way I have found is to disable the undead box of the monster in question, but that also changes how Gau uses the rage, among other things. For example, it doesn't make any sense for Didalos NOT to be undead, but it's too easy to be able to kill him with a life spell or phoenix down.

Edit: Also, another request: One thing that really bugs me about the General Leo Edition is the old colosseum music being replaced by the Empire music. I understand that federajoe was trying to set the mood with Leo, but I really miss the old colosseum music. Does anyone know how to have the Empire music play until Leo is recruited, then play the old colosseum music?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
You could change the targeting for said spells and items so they can't target monsters, that's a quick and simple solution. There's still some off-chances that the character can do it though if confused, I think. But there might be a patch or fix of some kind floating around somewhere to fix that as well, I forget. Anything beyond this would require custom code I'd imagine, to check for certain monster IDs..

Sounds like fedorajoe simply changed the song of the map from Johnny C. Bad to the Empire via level editor. For what you'd want, you'd want to set the song there to 0 (current music) and then you'd need to add an event bit check for the maps' 'entrance event', having it check for an event bit if Leo is recruited, play Johnny C. Bad, otherwise play Empire.
The Colosseum map doesn't have an entrance event normally, it's just set to 'simply return', the default one of 5EB3 (CA5EB3), so you'd need to create your own entrance event for it, to do the bit check/song change. I'm not sure how fluent you are with event editing, so this may or may not be a really easy task! Am willing to assist further if need be.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Lightning (09-15-2018)

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Indeed undead are laughable if you don't fix them, they already have great legitimate weaknesses to take advantage of (Fire, Holy and healing). The fix is to make spells/items one side only which can be changed in FF3usME.

The patch in question is the Muddle/Smoke Bomb fix.

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Warrax for this post:
  • Lightning (09-15-2018)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(09-15-2018, 12:46 AM)Lightning Wrote: Does anyone know how to have the Empire music play until Leo is recruited, then play the old colosseum music?

If the map song is the Empire music, you need to set a free event bit in the Leo recruit event. Then at the end of the entrance event of the Colosseum map (which you can find in FF6LE), before the return ($FE), check if that Leo bit is clear, if so branch to the return (or $CA5EB3 would do), otherwise play the old Colosseum music.

Using free event bit 002, in Leo recruit event:
Code:
D0 02

Then before the entrance event return ($FE):
Code:
C0 02 00 B3 5E 00
F0 XX                       // change XX to your song ID

Edit: You won't have place to add directly this code, you'll need to use the B2 command in both places to call the custom code in another place in the ROM.

Edit: I just saw Gi Nattak's answer and it is a better way to do this.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Lightning (09-15-2018)

Status
None
(09-13-2018, 07:39 PM)Lightning Wrote: Hey Panda, I tried out your patch, and although it seems to work - it starts giving FF3usME a bug that makes the battle script editor fail to run.  It says something like "FF3usME cannot compile Battle Scripts that are overlaped, have shared pointers, or that are switching banks. Battle Script Edition will not be available."

I did only have about 7 bytes free in the Battle Script editor last I checked, so perhaps your code uses up more bytes?  I'm only speculating here.

I didn't make any edits to the battle scripts. Are you getting that same error without the patch? It's possible that your rom just didn't fix the Mag Roader bug.

Projects:
  Find