Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Some final code requests (and screenshots)

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
So, I am coming close to completing the General Leo Edition mod tweak that I have been working on for about 8 months (credit goes to fedorajoe for the original), but a few bugs need to be fixed before I begin final testing and release.  At the moment, I need a coder who can take a look at the mod and tell me how to fix these few things:

-When the party is defeated by ATMA (ultima) weapon in the floating continent, the game will continue on to the cutscene between Kefka and the statues regardless (it is counted as a victory even if you are killed).

-I posted a thread about this a few months ago, but two of the rages on the rage list are combined (Brontaur and Misfit).  I think a good coder needs to look at the code from my mod to see why this is.  This bug is also present in the original General Leo Edition.

-This bug has also been mentioned in another thread, but the Shock command needs to be disabled for Gogo, since it takes priority over the throw command, and Gogo is not affected by the "only 1 shock per battle" code that applies to General Leo.

I attached my mod to this post for anyone who wants to look at the code, but please remember it is not finished yet!  Do not play through it at this time.

Here are some screenshot teasers:
[Image: VgmhRKC.jpg]
[Image: ieJn1xF.jpg]
[Image: K2QcXeE.jpg]
[Image: Y2BgGFK.jpg]
[Image: zAr6hNJ.jpg]

This mod is mostly a re-balancing mod that takes the incredibly easy General Leo Edition and pumps it full of new twists and content.  Some of the new content includes imported graphics, new items, new animations, new AI scripts, and much, much more. I tweaked a lot of the original General Leo Edition dialogue, and plot points as well.  This mod basically tweaks all the stuff that ever bothered me about FF3 (and the General Leo Edition).
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm not too familiar with bps patches, but I downloaded a patcher called 'Beat' and it says it can patch bps onto ROMs, but when I attempt to patch the bps file onto the ROM I get a error. Any ideas on that?

As for the Atma Weapon issue, without being able to look at the event code yet for said reason, it sounds like the subroutine that allows a game over to happen got removed or something, for some reason. This is the vanilla Atma Weapon battle event code:

Code:
CA/DA30: 4D    Invoke battle, enemy set $50, background $3F (Default for this area), (mosaic effect enabled), (swoosh sound enabled)
CA/DA33: B2    Call subroutine $CA5EA9 <---THIS!
CA/DA37: 42    Hide object $10
CA/DA39: 3E    Delete object $10
CA/DA3B: 45    Refresh objects
CA/DA3C: D7    Clear event bit $1E80($35F) [$1EEB, bit 7]
CA/DA3E: 96    Restore screen from fade
CA/DA3F: DE    Load CaseWord with the characters in the currently active party?
CA/DA40: BE    If character $03 (SHADOW) is in the current CaseWord, call subroutine $CAD9FC
CA/DA45: D7    Clear event bit $1E80($35E) [$1EEB, bit 6]
CA/DA47: FE    Return

Not sure about the Rage issue...

For disabling access to Shock for Gogo, unless I'm mistaken this is not a bug, you just need to disable the flag that allows him to use it, which is in the Battle Editor portion of FF3usME.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(07-27-2018, 08:57 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I'm not too familiar with bps patches, but I downloaded a patcher called 'Beat' and it says it can patch bps onto ROMs, but when I attempt to patch the bps file onto the ROM I get a error. Any ideas on that?

I went ahead and created an ips version. It is attached to this post!

The program that created the bps file was "flips.exe", my personal favorite patcher:
https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=...s&id=11474

Quote:For disabling access to Shock for Gogo, unless I'm mistaken this is not a bug, you just need to disable the flag that allows him to use it, which is in the Battle Editor portion of FF3usME.

Oh wow, I never saw that check box before! I've been using FF3USme for 8 months and haven't looked much at that window. You just solved that issue completely; thanks! The real bug I was referring to was with the new patch created by GrayShadows in which Leo can only use shock once per battle. The once per battle code was not working with Gogo, but my plan is to just disable it with Gogo completely.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lightning for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (07-27-2018)

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
I have no idea why it's not working for Gogo, for the record. I may dig into that at some point, but at least you have a solution for now!

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
None
(07-27-2018, 10:10 PM)GrayShadows Wrote: I have no idea why it's not working for Gogo, for the record. I may dig into that at some point, but at least you have a solution for now!

Yes, and I really must thank you for all the hard work! The once per battle shock with Leo will be in my mod. Gogo simply won't have shock altogether since it makes him unable to use the throw command anyway.

I will definitely credit you in the readme file!
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Ah cool, thanks for the ips patch. Smile

OK yes can confirm Atma's event code has the subroutine removed/replaced. Comparing it to the General Leo version I had from way back when, it's all there and correct, but the latest version is messed up. There appears to be a lot of freed up space at CC/0DA4 where you could jump to and add the game over subroutine back. If you're not comfortable doing it I'd be will to.

Status
None
(07-27-2018, 10:22 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Ah cool, thanks for the ips patch. Smile

OK yes can confirm Atma's event code has the subroutine removed/replaced. Comparing it to the General Leo version I had from way back when, it's all there and correct, but the latest version is messed up. There appears to be a lot of freed up space at CC/0DA0 where you could jump to and add the game over subroutine back. If you're not comfortable doing it I'd be will to.

If you could modify it for me, I would be grateful! I would probably mess it up worse...
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
OK NP, I'll PM you when finished.

Status
Nattak\'d
One thing I noticed that's weird about the duplicate Brontaur names issue (while testing it out), is that I see when you leap a Misfit, after Gau comes back Misfit is not learned. This might be a clue to solving it, though nothing's coming to mind. Leaping a Brontaur causes Misfit to be learned but of course is actually the duplicate Brontaur. Very strange, I'm not sure what's up. If all else fails one half-assed way to at least hide this bug is to check the 'do not show on Veldt' flag in the formation data for the couple of Bontaur formations. Though solving it would be best. And the thing about Misfit not showing up would still be present...

Status
None
(07-28-2018, 12:33 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: One thing I noticed that's weird about the duplicate Brontaur names issue (while testing it out), is that I see when you leap a Misfit, after Gau comes back Misfit is not learned. This might be a clue to solving it, though nothing's coming to mind. Leaping a Brontaur causes Misfit to be learned but of course is actually the duplicate Brontaur. Very strange, I'm not sure what's up. If all else fails one half-assed way to at least hide this bug is to check the 'do not show on Veldt' flag in the formation data for the couple of Bontaur formations. Though solving it would be best. And the thing about Misfit not showing up would still be present...

Yeah, I'm really hoping someone can fix this bug, because a huge part of my mod is making sure people can complete the entire rage/item list. In fact, this mod especially caters toward completionists!
  Find